• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
Ah ok, got it. Tks
The VR movements have long been around at Ali, actually even the SA4130 is now available, but without having the Noob case and parts it is pointless to get it unless the one in your Noob V4 is dead.

Assholes selling SA4130 for 600 USD

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
The Daytona movements were already only even before the raids started.
However, back in time, 600$ for a movement sounded quite high considering that you can get the whole watch for little bit more only.

Now perception might have changed and probably 600$ is a good deal considering that the genuine movement goes for around 6k…

Same for gen Daytonas. 5 years ago the ceramic Daytonas sold for 15k grey market. some people thought it’s too much. now they are at 30k… people still think it’s too much but would prefer to buy at 25k.

Always a matter of perception and situation.

Reactions: Uhr70 and vcappp

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Just saw something on reddit(might be false)

*in the raids they found VSF production line, they might be done for good or atleast long waittime.

hope this is false.

Reactions: vcappp

Ylijumala

1/3/21
In the Soviet EU
in the raids they found VSF production line
I doubt the "production line" is in any way critical to the operations. If the parts are made in other (actual) factories and this is just the place to assemble them together, that could viably be done almost anywhere. And if things heat up too much, the assembly could probably be moved to a nearby country altogether with less stringent rules.

Reactions: vcappp

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Actually I think its a good question. I can't think of any country that has less stringent rules than China.

What about the Philippines? ;-)

The whole discussion is nonsense. Most of the suppliers are not pure "Rep-Factories" but produce Rep-Parts alongside parts for "normal" customers in the watch industry. You cannot simply move the Rep-Part to another country ;-)

locvs

7/12/20
Germany
You can't move the whole rep industry to another country. It's thousands and thousand of people with different skills and know-how. Don't forget the infrastructure. People maintaining the machinery, logistics, dealers, shipping companies. It's not like you can pack everything in 5 shipping containers, book a flight for the people and open next day in a different country...