• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Goldenboy74 all that has been said above is correct.

It is helpful for people to see that QCs are available and they can draw their own conclusions on them.

We do not need the thread to become a debate over minor flaws that all reps have. Enjoy the watch. I just got QCs in the last few days and the watch is already in Europe.

John Abel

Known Member
15/5/20
UK
Everything is so quite here since a few days. No updates?
It´s been 1160 posts, most with indirect information. Basically, we don't know the actual situation there.
I think a page has passed, if not a chapter or a whole book. Let´s just hope they come back to business with more safety measures and a more discreet approach.
I've been thinking these days that one of the reasons triggering these actions may actually be not the watches themselves or youtubers, but stuff like warranty cards, certificates, boxes, even making fake receipts. That is the "scam kit" that will not only take a customer from Rolex, but also may make someone angry with them ("why don't they take action against these scammers?").

Last edited:

ETAWatchlover

5/7/16
I don't want to get banned but there are a few scammers here I think. Like those people who obsess about the model number in the case back and advise to buy the different maker even though the watch with the wrong model number looks 90% and has a refined construction and the correct model number version is like 80% with more or less shody workmanship.

ETAWatchlover

5/7/16
I have one guy in Guangzhou that is not in the watch business but makes Goodyear welted boots and some rep sneakers (not his main business) .
He is the only guy that I could ask to get a bit more reliable info because he doesn't need to safe his ass like some TDs

Fergulator72

I'm Pretty Popular
4/5/21
They could stamp the backside of the cases in my opinion.I would not care to have a deep N stamp on the back of the case .
I agree,I really don't care what the case back says,I've decided to have a few Panerai made by watch makers in m2m,they have displayed case back showing different movements,I don't care

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Fergulator72

I'm Pretty Popular
4/5/21
It´s been 1160 posts, most with indirect information. Basically, we don't know the actual situation there.
I think a page has passed, if not a chapter or a whole book. Let´s just hope they come back to business with more safety measures and a more discreet approach.
I've been thinking these days that one of the reasons triggering these actions may actually be not the watches themselves or youtubers, but stuff like warranty cards, certificates, boxes, even making fake receipts. That is the "scam kit" that will not only take a customer from Rolex, but also may make someone angry with them ("why don't they take action against these scammers?").
You could be right,I know of a situation where a well know watch seller in Australia lost nearly $20,000 on a Daytona with box,cards the full set,I don't think people know how good reps have become,he should have done more research into the watch he was purchasing for a client,but these things are happening,rep watches are getting into the gen market , possibly a reason why the Crackdown by china

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
I agree with what you have written, the reason for the authorities' fury against replica manufacturers is not the fake watches they produce, but the fraudsters who pass off replicas as genuine... The only way to stop these scammers is to eradicate the problem at the source, i.e. close down the replica factories.

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
I agree with what you have written, the reason for the authorities' fury against replica manufacturers is not the fake watches they produce, but the fraudsters who pass off replicas as genuine... The only way to stop these scammers is to eradicate the problem at the source, i.e. close down the replica factories.

La triste verita'... I wonder how well the high quality rep market will bounce back from all this..

Last edited:
Reactions: Manuel.b

Mr Luxe

Blue Horseshoe Loves Anacott Steel
9/3/21
North America
Received QC photos from Trusty earlier today for a PPF 5711. Andrew said ZF, PPF and 3KF are up and running and most items are available. VSF hopefully by mid July. Everyone (including TDs) seems to have a different story and opinion on when there will be some normalcy again.

Tonash88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/1/20

“Stopping these scammers” is just one of the smallest concerns / issues for the government.

I can spend the whole day talking about why any government needs to stop rep watch market .

But of course I love rep watches and I am no saint so I don’t wish to add on.

Anyway , give it a while . I am sure the rep market will rebound, if not in China then it will end up at somewhere else . By then , the technology will be better than what we have today. This is life .

And ... Don’t undermine china’s government efforts, everything is at the mercy of the government’s directions . I remembered the same thing happened to the nightlife scene in CP. In just months , the government changed a buzzing city to a desert because it’s time to clean up .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

ETAWatchlover

5/7/16
So my information out of Guangzhou is just that raids happened and factories are still running but not normal .
Parts are still being made at a slow rate but not assembled.
Some Workshops that assemble watches start to sell of case sets and movements elsewhere . AliExpress is flooded to some extent with full noob etc .cases and whole 3135 movements .Even the Rolex GMT movements start to pop up .I would not be surprised if the Daytona movements pop up .I was able to buy whole bags of Hublot screws and bezels if I want .
I can somehow get more parts than I am used to ...
​​​​​​

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Ofc not, he meant vr movements

Ah ok, got it. Tks
The VR movements have long been around at Ali, actually even the SA4130 is now available, but without having the Noob case and parts it is pointless to get it unless the one in your Noob V4 is dead.

Reactions: vcappp