• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

museguy

19/10/12
As you probably know I adore AP ROOs. I did the unthinkable and replaced mine with quartz reps. The only ones I have now are the LBJ, JPM, FC GP amd the 44mm FC. The 44 broke my heart and has spent more time in the watchmakers than in my watchbox. The others 3 I will keep going at all costs.

Dear C Master

Any chance you could share a photo of your quartz AP ROO ?

Thank you !

Reactions: JayBee0815

locvs

7/12/20
Germany
I would be thinking,as raids are still happening from what I've heard,that the manufacturers will possibly have to move to another country

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Easily said than done.
Beeing able to produce high quality reps is a complicated process with dozns if not hundreds of people involved. Small factories producing dials, bezels, movements, straps, lume etc... This know-how has accumulated over a long period of time and is spread over multiple people.

It is possible though. Many asian countirs have compact chinese minorities and much less strict police. However none of them has the vast market that China is.

John Abel

Known Member
15/5/20
UK
There's something called immaterial laws that protect a company's name and logos from being misused. It's a crime to break these laws, which exists in all countries.
I know very well. They call these "intellectual property" as if it was a big intellectual effort to write a name or draw a stylized crown. In most, if not all, countries, it is an offence to make and sell counterfeit goods, but not to buy them or keep and use them. Isn't it curious that is not legal to make and sell things you can legally own and wear?

VaderTime

9/10/17
Oh man….. I was anticipating for a VSF sub v2 around end of this year. But, I guess that won’t happen :(

John Abel

Known Member
15/5/20
UK
Beeing able to produce high quality reps is a complicated process with dozns if not hundreds of people involved. Small factories producing dials, bezels, movements, straps, lume etc... This know-how has accumulated over a long period of time and is spread over multiple people.
That's absolutely correct, but there are only a few elements in a rep that are out of the law: the name and logo on the dial, the rehaut, the laser engraving on the glass, the clasp details and the crown. Not sure about the movement. Most of the manufacturing can still be legal and the "personalization" added somewhere else afterwards. Crowns can be made anywhere in the World where they manufacture similar mechanical items. Similar with clasps (I exclude the bracelet itself).
But, as some have pointed here, whatever a factory manufactures, they can find or make up the crime as needed.
In my opinion there is also a strong cultural factor in China, they are very reluctant to outsource manufacturing and/or partner with non-Chinese.

ETAWatchlover

5/7/16
I translated part of a article here about the major factory's .The article said that zf once produced in Turkey .

lytnin

WTB ZF IWC Tourbillon Rose/White or Grey/Leather
22/1/19
Villa on the Hill
True, but if the thought of genuine parts manufacturers are providing a secondary line of parts, this puts an additional hurdle to get the super rep quality if the rep business is off-shore.

That's absolutely correct, but there are only a few elements in a rep that are out of the law: the name and logo on the dial, the rehaut, the laser engraving on the glass, the clasp details and the crown. Not sure about the movement. Most of the manufacturing can still be legal and the "personalization" added somewhere else afterwards. Crowns can be made anywhere in the World where they manufacture similar mechanical items. Similar with clasps (I exclude the bracelet itself).
But, as some have pointed here, whatever a factory manufactures, they can find or make up the crime as needed.
In my opinion there is also a strong cultural factor in China, they are very reluctant to outsource manufacturing and/or partner with non-Chinese.

ETAWatchlover

5/7/16
They went unter the radar .China has great surveillance .I think updates will surface in a week .But I am worried to some extent too .My parts supplier doesn't seem to want to talk about the situation .

Reactions: vcappp

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Dear C Master

Any chance you could share a photo of your quartz AP ROO ?

Thank you !

Here are some examples:

ZFAXnc.jpg

ZRdw7J.jpg

ZRqhz4.jpg

ZRqH7j.jpg

ZNSfao.jpg
Z74YDQ.jpg

Z7oket.jpg

ZvgjDi.jpg

ZvNioI.jpg

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Let’s hope the lack of updates is to be stealth from authorities (and Reddit) and not announce when they will be active again ;)

submarinerblue

Looking Around
22/5/13
After waiting for about two months for a VSF Seamaster from Jtime I’m finally asking for a refund. I’ll reorder if and when market opens up again. I’ve never asked for a refund before from a TD so I don’t know how responsive Li will be. Has anyone requested/received a refund when a watch was unavailable?

MikeMeezy77

That’s not 904L…
10/7/20
Michigan
After waiting for about two months for a VSF Seamaster from Jtime I’m finally asking for a refund. I’ll reorder if and when market opens up again. I’ve never asked for a refund before from a TD so I don’t know how responsive Li will be. Has anyone requested/received a refund when a watch was unavailable?

I did a couple days ago. Ordered back in March. He was super cool about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

trickstar911

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/7/11
i know TS WATCHES is no longer a trusted dealer and i know why now , they closed their site leave ALL orders and request for information to little or none and no hope of getting your paid for watches fore-filled. no answer to emails either AVOID

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
well with the news that various TDs are moving offices let alone manufacturers stopping production we can all agree that they are doing their best to stay in the shadows. this time its serious

laying low is the best they can do right now. let’s display patience by not overflowing TDs with excessive messages like ‘wen sub’ and just chill out.

we will get our subs, datejusts, gmts in due time and they will be better than ever.

museguy

19/10/12

Dear C Master
Thank you ! Beautiful watches!

What factory is the above watch? Is the same watch available with quartz on a bracelet?

Thank you for sharing. Gives me something to think about until the factories come back online.

Cheers

Last edited:

thewatchdog

26/6/14
C Master i never knew Bumblebee was available as a quartz. I really love the model. But I've had a few 7750 ROO's give up on me. So never ordered any ROO after that. But I would actually buy a Bumblebee if available in quartz.