• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

Fergulator72

I'm Pretty Popular
4/5/21
Does anyone know what kind of punishment the owners could get if they are caught/ are these guys on the run like some kind of cartel boss or are they just hard to prosecute because there is no evidence ?
I read once that a good LV bag maker got beheaded
Supposedly noob owner is in jail and vsf owner is on the run so penalties seem pretty big

Sent from my SM-F700F using Tapatalk

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
I just checked the first rep I bought was $269. It has not changed (Omega Constellation) They are now $319 so not as bad as I thought. The first Noob Sub I bought was $269 (V5.1 I think) as well. I do not need replica 904L steel (I think this is a marketing gimick to justify the increase the price but that is only my opinion). Also I would not touch a Rolex clone movement with the possible exception of the Noob A4130. I have one clone 3135 and so far that has cost me €1025, including the initial purchase to keep right. That is way too much of a price to pay for "functions like gen" in my opinion.

I think so too. Look at the freak show that was given in the M2M-Section in the last days. A 2k-Dollar-AP with a movement, where is not advised to use the chronograph functions. For me that sounds ridiculous but I also absolutely understand that some Rep-Enthusiasts are ok with this. Everyone has their own fondness. On the other side you have today very good reps for a nice price - for example the VSF-Pams or the very good VSF-Omega-Superclones for around 350 US$. And even some of the cheapies are quite nice, if you can forget, that they have cheap movements, which are off course very very far away from beeing "like gen". Sometimes i order just for fun one of this cheapies, just to see if I like the model before I invest 500+ Euro in a rep considered as "high end". These cheapies cost around 70 Euro and off course you can notice many flaws I think they are not that bad ;-)

John Abel

Known Member
15/5/20
UK
Supposedly noob owner is in jail and vsf owner is on the run so penalties seem pretty big
That makes me more sympathetic towards them as my understanding is they don't commit any crime. If gens have any superior quality justifying the price, then both gen and rep owners get what they pay for and allegedly very different things. Clearly not the case and clearly a rep is not much less than a gen, so where is the scam?
Another thing is reps being re-sold as gens. Probably the only fear of gen makers as many rep users will never consider a gen.Today there are ways and tools to guarantee the origin of anything, for example a blockchain based solution. I'd say they took legal and police action just for being cheaper.

en_nissen

Horology Curious
13/5/21
That makes me more sympathetic towards them as my understanding is they don't commit any crime. If gens have any superior quality justifying the price, then both gen and rep owners get what they pay for and allegedly very different things. Clearly not the case and clearly a rep is not much less than a gen, so where is the scam?
Another thing is reps being re-sold as gens. Probably the only fear of gen makers as many rep users will never consider a gen.Today there are ways and tools to guarantee the origin of anything, for example a blockchain based solution. I'd say they took legal and police action just for being cheaper.
There's something called immaterial laws that protect a company's name and logos from being misused. It's a crime to break these laws, which exists in all countries.

I mean, this is a rep forum, so I'm not saying I'm above your logic at all, but let's not pretend that this is legal.
Your logic would make sense of they used other names and logos on their watches, which they choose not to.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I think so too. Look at the freak show that was given in the M2M-Section in the last days. A 2k-Dollar-AP with a movement, where is not advised to use the chronograph functions. For me that sounds ridiculous but I also absolutely understand that some Rep-Enthusiasts are ok with this. Everyone has their own fondness. On the other side you have today very good reps for a nice price - for example the VSF-Pams or the very good VSF-Omega-Superclones for around 350 US$. And even some of the cheapies are quite nice, if you can forget, that they have cheap movements, which are off course very very far away from beeing "like gen". Sometimes i order just for fun one of this cheapies, just to see if I like the model before I invest 500+ Euro in a rep considered as "high end". These cheapies cost around 70 Euro and off course you can notice many flaws I think they are not that bad ;-)

I think I have 4 sec@12 APs now all have had problems except 1.

I have also had loads of those cheapies and was mostly pleasantly surprised but a high proportion of them arrive DOA. However the ones that do work go forever especially if they have a real DG2813. It is crazy to think there are so many cheap clones of a cheap clone movement.

​​​​​​A lot of the upgrades with V1, V2, V27.3 etc are just a change in a parts suppler or indeed a change in the batch production. It is us as rep geeks who notice the differences and we are marketed to according to our perception of the difference. The old Noob V5.1 I referred to was called the Noob V5, V5.1, V5. 2, V6 depending on which TD you went to lol. It was the same watch and only slightly different to today's offerings. From 2 feet they all look the same lol. When you think about it Noob never even called itself Noob. That was a term I think coined by Baldric (may he rest in peace). This all comes from us. We are victims of our own hype.

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
I think I have 4 sec@12 APs now all have had problems except 1.

I have also had loads of those cheapies and was mostly pleasantly surprised but a high proportion of them arrive DOA. However the ones that do work go forever especially if they have a real DG2813. It is crazy to think there are so many cheap clones of a cheap clone movement.

​​​​​​A lot of the upgrades with V1, V2, V27.3 etc are just a change in a parts suppler or indeed a change in the batch production. It is us as rep geeks who notice the differences and we are marketed to according to our perception of the difference. The old Noob V5.1 I referred to was called the Noob V5, V5.1, V5. 2, V6 depending on which TD you went to lol. It was the same watch and only slightly different to today's offerings. From 2 feet they all look the same lol. When you think about it Noob never even called itself Noob. That was a term I think coined by Baldric (may he rest in peace). This all comes from us. We are victims of our own hype.

I totaly agree on that. I hade i think 23-25 ap roo’s with the a7750 movment at my peek . And they are very fragile movments and you cant use the chronografs, and must set the time between 06-08am or else the movment can breake... So i sold most of them and bought me some frankens roo’s with ETA movments and 4 Rolex daytonas with the best movment i have ever held. Winding is soo smooth and chronograf works verry good. I realy love the Daytona movment. Its a masterpiece from the rep makers. And i think all rep chronos should use this movment. The only sad is thats no date funktion but i dont realy care forn that

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: JayBee0815

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
So i sold most of them and bought me some frankens roo’s with ETA movments

As you probably know I adore AP ROOs. I did the unthinkable and replaced mine with quartz reps. The only ones I have now are the LBJ, JPM, FC GP amd the 44mm FC. The 44 broke my heart and has spent more time in the watchmakers than in my watchbox. The others 3 I will keep going at all costs.

I realy love the Daytona movment.

I nearly went for it. I love the 116523 but Noob were only producing the 116503. Similar but not the same. My TD also said the plating was not great. These two factors stopped me but I am in semi regret now.

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
C Master

Its funny you say that. I went for a quartz AP survivor recently as well for the same reason, after having a bad experience with a 44 FC. It cost me over a grand, spent 90 percent of its time with watchmakers. Long story, still upsets me. All in the learning process, growing pains I guess.

The quartz AP survivor isn't accurate, but makes for a fun beater watch that actually gets used.

Reading this thread is turning me into a hoarder. I'll be hesitant to sell anything now.

Reactions: JayBee0815

Samabux

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/17
Texas
Given the raids situation, does anyone know of any TDs which may have 116610 Date VSF available? I have sent a few some emails but not heard back, wondering if anyone on here knows

I had pretty much given up hope on scoring a new VSF Seamaster NTTD V4 with the availability issues, but contacted Joshua at Perfect Clones and he had one in stock and ready to ship. He’s not a TD here, but is on RWG. QC’s were sent and approved within 24 hrs. and it landed in conus 4 days later. Keep reaching out to the TD’s. It might payoff for you. It just takes a little work and time. So far, my experience with Joshua has been top notch.

Sent from the RWI App

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
C Master

Its funny you say that. I went for a quartz AP survivor recently as well for the same reason, after having a bad experience with a 44 FC. It cost me over a grand, spent 90 percent of its time with watchmakers. Long story, still upsets me. All in the learning process, growing pains I guess.

The quartz AP survivor isn't accurate, but makes for a fun beater watch that actually gets used.

Reading this thread is turning me into a hoarder. I'll be hesitant to sell anything now.

Lol Great minds think alike. I have been eying up a survivor. I met a guy once wearing a real one and I have been fascinated with it since.

Reactions: APjumbo

blackawd

Known Member
20/6/17
Are people comfortable placing pre-orders or generally waiting to see how things are re-opening?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
I am in the wait mode also. Until things shake out and settle down I shan't be pre-ordering anything. I am not averse to doing a build, however, Raffles has 116610LN kits that only require a 2824 movement. If I could find someone to assemble it, I would go that route. My skills are not such that I can undertake such a project.

C5000

29/6/12
This is rich...

are taking the advantage of the raids by scamming us with fake reps

"We demand only the highest quality REAL fakes!!

I know what you mean, but it is funny anyway.

I wonder where the heat is really coming from, geo-politically.

Fergulator72

I'm Pretty Popular
4/5/21
I would be thinking,as raids are still happening from what I've heard,that the manufacturers will possibly have to move to another country

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: daytona4130

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Are people comfortable placing pre-orders or generally waiting to see how things are re-opening?
I

I have a pre order "on hold" ... means the money is advised to Moneygram. If I change my mind, i can cancel the transfer any time. But why should I cancel? ;-)

Reactions: vcappp