• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
This is one of the more serious raids I 've seen in my 5 years in the rep world. Hopefully it doesn't get much worse. Good thing is the rep industry is like a hydra.

I'm bummed too as I just got a new job making much more than I did, so I was planning on a few purchases in the coming weeks. Guess I just get to save up more for when things start rolling again

Omega703

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/2/19
This is one of the more serious raids I 've seen in my 5 years in the rep world. Hopefully it doesn't get much worse. Good thing is the rep industry is like a hydra.

I'm bummed too as I just got a new job making much more than I did, so I was planning on a few purchases in the coming weeks. Guess I just get to save up more for when things start rolling again

ALWAYS buy the rep one step out of your current status, just in case. Lesson learned for next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
ALWAYS buy the rep one step out of your current status, just in case. Lesson learned for next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few builds I'm currently working on, so it's not a big deal. I've been around long enough to know raids aren't the end of the game, they happen a few times a year it seems. I have many reps, and many more I want. I'll get them when things are back to normal

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
A local dealer in Europe with sources in China. I was ready to pay and he told me he can't get it anymore because noob is gone. I can't confirm anything of course.

TrustyTime told me it will only take time..I ordered 2 three days ago.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

sydneylosstarot

Horology Curious
24/2/21
TrustyTime told me it will only take time..I ordered 2 three days ago.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I hope so! I’ve been considering getting a v4 noob daytona for months and when I finally decided to pull the trigger this happens

stepanok

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/12/13
If and when the Chinese really want to end the rep watch business in China they can do it with relative ease. Up to now they have been playing a cat and mouse game over the years. It seems they just wanted to appear to be doing something about it and know full well that it would be a matter of weeks before the factories TD etc start rolling again. However if they decide for whatever reason to give an end it , its game over. Personal i think that that day is not that far off.

Reactions: c_hall100

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Even if they did, rep business is too strong imo to die, they could always move to india or vietnam

Reactions: daytona4130

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines, Cambodia, Myanmar (probably not at the moment though), and let's not forget about Africa where China has established a strong business presence in manufacturing...

There is an endless list of places with cheap labour and law enforcement, happily waiting for "donations" to their tea funds to look the other way.

There would just be a short break of supplies of perhaps 3 or 6 months until operations are moved.

Think about legitimately illegal "industries" that are actually hurtful and lethal, and not just cause imagined losses by manufacturers of luxury items: Cracking down on a Cartel in Colombia, Mexico etc. doesn't actually remove them, it just creates a new one in (put name of country here).....

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: cognacthedog

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
A local dealer in Europe with sources in China. I was ready to pay and he told me he can't get it anymore because noob is gone. I can't confirm anything of course.

Noob isn't gone, they got some troubles, that's all :)