• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

trickstar911

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/7/11
J time comments ...got shut down, probably wont be back working again anymore....... noob !!!! Fark

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
I think with all the money Noob made they can bail themselves out ... I don’t think money is the issue, the issue is some of these companies (noob, VSF) got way too good and the gen companies are putting pressure on the Chinese government.

Chinese people have gotten very wealthy over the years and like most other countries, the wealthy wants to have Rolex, Patek, AP etc dealers in their country. They have to show they are somewhat attempting to protect intellectual property if they want to have those brands in the country.

Back when reps were bad it doesn’t matter as much. Now that it’s so good, that’s a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gmc

25/4/20
Spain
With the current situation, if time is delayed and the factories cannot continue to sell or the TDs sending watches, the most foreseeable thing is that the second-hand market will increase and also the value of watches and parts, especially noob or VSF that seem the most affected.

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
Don't be alarmed! They'll be back!
The quality is now very high and will only improve with time!
Rest assured!

Reactions: lytnin

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
Rest assured!

Oh for sure they will come back. Whether it’s 3 months or 12 months remains to be seen. Also when it’s back will it be the same quality (or better or worse?) - for sure with Noob will be a rebrand and changes

Reactions: Eatdirtfartdust

Fergulator72

I'm Pretty Popular
4/5/21
Rest assured!
Yep,to much money to be made for them to disappear

Sent from my SM-F700F using Tapatalk

Fergulator72

I'm Pretty Popular
4/5/21
I don't think this time.........:(
People are still buying watches,a post up a bit said they received one from sead and another on the way,just certain companies though

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
People are still buying watches,a post up a bit said they received one from sead and another on the way,just certain companies though

Correct but the best factories are done (for now) - hopefully some will come back. Others, like noob, is gone. They will come back in a year or two as another brand.

Reactions: Fergulator72

H7-25

16/11/18
I‘m pretty sure the raided factories will come back.
If there is much money in the game, the greed for money will succeed, maybe with operations in another country. There are enough developing economies even in Asia more than ready to host them.
And if one now argues that it‘s too expensive for the factories to relocate - OK than the business is maybe not that profitable. But then why should the Chinese government care about some small backyard rep dealers?

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
I‘m pretty sure the raided factories will come back.
If there is much money in the game, the greed for money will succeed, maybe with operations in another country. There are enough developing economies even in Asia more than ready to host them.
And if one now argues that it‘s too expensive for the factories to relocate - OK than the business is maybe not that profitable. But then why should the Chinese government care about some small backyard rep dealers?

Cost to develop the noob Daytona: $1m+ USD

Now imagine that increment PLUS your equipments (in the hundreds of thousands of dollars in value) being confiscated as well as factory being shut down. People seem to forget machineries used to create these watches are not cheap. Sure some parts (bracelets, movement) might come from multiple sources, but in the end the equipments at a factory like Noob would have likely costs hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Not as easy of a come back as people here seem to think. Bigger the factory, harder the come back.

Reactions: Gmc

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
the equipments at a factory like Noob

As far as I know none of the makers have factories. They are assemblers not makers. They depend on suppliers to get parts for them to assemble. Sure noob probably paid a supplier to create the Noob A4130 but that is just conjecture on my part. I doubt anything these makers make is in house like a lot of gen watches.

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
As far as I know none of the makers have factories. They are assemblers not makers. They depend on suppliers to get parts for them to assemble. Sure noob probably paid a supplier to create the Noob A4130 but that is just conjecture on my part. I doubt anything these makers make is in house like a lot of gen watches.

I understand but I also have to think they have high end equipments there. I do believe they outsource movements, hands, etc but they probably do make certain things in house. Maybe not all of it but some of it certainly will be done in house.

Mr.pitt

Known Member
28/4/21
I would assume a lot of these "raids" are just for perception... things may slow down for a while in the rep game but the CCP wants jobs and growth, not shutting down the local economy, they dont actually care about rolexes bottom line

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
I wish VSF would come back in business and present a nice GMT.

Yes. Also got a PM their movement supplier was hit too.
they will have to start over... insane that they already had GMT movements at that time.

def gonna buy pepsi and batman upon release

Reactions: Manuel.b

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
I would assume a lot of these "raids" are just for perception... things may slow down for a while in the rep game but the CCP wants jobs and growth, not shutting down the local economy, they dont actually care about rolexes bottom line

This is about Rolex and Omega.
They wanma take down the rep buisness.
VSF and noob is the most wanted, they got noob hard but VSF must be really carefull atm.
things will be very slow atm and stock will go fast, priority in China sales first and so on.

My TD is working alot less, same with makers and factories.