• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

sydneylosstarot

Horology Curious
24/2/21
No more noob daytonas.

Looks like my Daytona is gonna spike in value LMAO

I wonder if the trend is gonna be like the one for gen Rolex watches :p:p:p

I miraculously got a noob v4 panda Daytona two weeks ago, maybe I got the last one ????

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
I truely believe that when one closes, another will take its place....its just gonna take some time.

This will take some time. Noob has invested much money in the machines. But there is a high demand, so shure someone will do this job. But i doubt, they will reach this quality level soon.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
This will take some time. Noob has invested much money in the machines. But there is a high demand, so shure someone will do this job. But i doubt, they will reach this quality level soon.

We'll have another good 4130 Daytona as long as the factory that produces the 4130 clone decides to sell the parts to VSF, ARF, ZF, or any other big maker, since noob is allegedly out of the game now.

Any of them would do a better job than noob lmao

Reactions: saucin and m5smg2

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
We'll have another good 4130 Daytona as long as the factory that produces the 4130 clone decides to sell the parts to VSF, ARF, ZF, or any other big maker, since noob is allegedly out of the game now.

Any of them would do a better job than noob lmao

I have no skin in the game. Probably I am the only Rep-Friend who hates Daytonas ;)

They should better take the money and make a Superclone of Zeniths Chronomaster.

stepanok

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/12/13
I am sure the Chinese officials got the same email we all got from puretime. I am sorry. I just cant take this attitude seriously. TDs desperately trying to keep costumers from panicking so as to keep placing orders while absolutely NO ONE can know for sure if factories will reopen and when.

H7-25

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/18
I am not an expert in the rep business nor do I know what the Chinese governments plans are. But just from a „logical point of view“ I do not see how the government would benefit from a complete shutdown of the rep business.

The question is: who would benefit?
The gen brands, of course. But why should the Chinese government take care of them - they never did in the past when it came to any „copy cat“ issues. Just think about the car industry some years ago when Chinese brands copied the existing manufactures in an very obvious way. The gov did nothing because they wanted to strenghen their own home companies. So why should they give Rolex and Co. a present and erase the rep factories?

Even if the factories and the TDs pay taxes because they operate as serious manufacturing/trading business?

Finally, I think the raids have just been show or a way to collect bribes/higher taxes.

Just my 2 cents and who I am that I could know... :)

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe

China is the biggest market for Luxury-Watches in the world and the only market that grew in the last year. The retail sector has benefits. But that should not be the important point. You must look at the bigger picture. China has registered more patents than the US, the EU or Japan in the last year. Chinese companies were the copycats of the past. Time is changing. China is a member ot the WTO and has signed GATT and TRIPS and the Chinese Government knows, how important intellectual properties are for the future of their economy. The small Rep-Business is something they sacrifice with no remorse.

stepanok

Banned
8/12/13
I am not an expert in the rep business nor do I know what the Chinese governments plans are. But just from a „logical point of view“ I do not see how the government would benefit from a complete shutdown of the rep business.

The gen brands, of course. But why should the Chinese government take care of them - they never did in the past when it came to any „copy cat“ issues. Just think about the car industry some years ago when Chinese brands copied the existing manufactures in an very obvious way. The gov did nothing because they wanted to strenghen their own home companies. So why should they give Rolex and Co. a present and erase the rep factories?

Even if the factories and the TDs pay taxes because they operate as serious manufacturing/trading business?

Finally, I think the raids have just been show or a way to collect bribes/higher taxes.

Just my 2 cents and who I am that I could know... :)

1. Who would benefit. You say the gen brands. The answer is yes, to a very limited extent. people who can afford a Rolex , get a Rolex. Not even 0.01% of people in these forums can afford one.

2. The past is not the same as the present. A few years ago reps where easily distinguishable from a gen, now the quality has gone up to the extent that you need a lot of knowledge to tell the difference.

3. The raids now have nothing in common with the old ones. For sure those where mostly for show but now they are not local raids. They are from the central government. Also China has singed an agreement about copyrights that did not exist before ( people in the forum who know more have commented about it.)

If i was ask of an opinion, i would say that i have absolutely no idea if the rep business will recover to what we where used to lately.

Reactions: H7-25

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
1. Who would benefit. You say the gen brands. The answer is yes, to a very limited extent. people who can afford a Rolex , get a Rolex. Not even 0.01% of people in these forums can afford one.

2. The past is not the same as the present. A few years ago reps where easily distinguishable from a gen, now the quality has gone up to the extent that you need a lot of knowledge to tell the difference.

3. The raids now have nothing in common with the old ones. For sure those where mostly for show but now they are not local raids. They are from the central government. Also China has singed an agreement about copyrights that did not exist before ( people in the forum who know more have commented about it.)

If i was ask of an opinion, i would say that i have absolutely no idea if the rep business will recover to what we where used to lately.

I really think you are wrong in point 1. We are not 50% all 14 yr old teenies that whant to impress some girls - we are watch enthusiasts - real people with real jobs. cant afford 9k? Come on....
a Roley isnt something very elitair. We go in reps for different reasonst....
2 totally agree, and 3 i dont have a clue

stepanok

Banned
8/12/13
China is the biggest market for Luxury-Watches in the world and the only market that grew in the last year. The retail sector has benefits. But that should not be the important point. You must look at the bigger picture. China has registered more patents than the US, the EU or Japan in the last year. Chinese companies were the copycats of the past. Time is changing. China is a member ot the WTO and has signed GATT and TRIPS and the Chinese Government knows, how important intellectual properties are for the future of their economy. The small Rep-Business is something they sacrifice with no remorse.

Best comment in this thread. Its seems that people, as people usually do, cannot accept the fact that some thing change whether we like it or not. Just because we got hooked on reps does not mean it could last forever. Nothing does.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
TDs desperately trying to keep costumers from panicking so as to keep placing orders while absolutely NO ONE can know for sure if factories will reopen and when.

Ok, let me recap your logic. Puretime sends its customers a newsletter, in which they say, that they will not take further orders. And you say, they are desperately trying to keep customers placing orders. You recognize the mistake?

fabbe79

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15

Yes totally agree. Quality of today's reps are scaring gen industry. I have read in the last few months really a lot reviews coming from respected blog and magazines comparing rep vs gen noob daytonas or subs and for the first time they had to admit they are really GOOD. Of course they recommend not to buy them and the aim was to inform how important is to find reliable AD, but the conclusion was that even an expert would struggle to identify a replica without a side by side. They had to react on this.

stepanok

Banned
8/12/13
Ok, let me recap your logic. Puretime sends its customers a newsletter, in which they say, that they will not take further orders. And you say, they are desperately trying to keep customers placing orders. You recognize the mistake?

You are correct , it does say will not take further orders, MY MISTAKE. However it proceeds with " Here is the delivery availability of the major makers and Closed and will reopen: AR, JF, VS, XF, VRF, KZF, OXFPuretime is naming factories that will reopen next week or whatever. My main problem was that they send emails left right and center when ( in my opinion ) they have absolutely no idea what will happen. It is like Amazon after all isn't it.........

Last edited:
Reactions: JayBee0815

Aramis2288

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
27/3/17
The noob crash could be an opportunity for other Factories, but how great would it be to see VSF and ZZF competing for who can deliver the best Daytona or GMT?!

That's exactly what I've been thinking as well!

Reactions: Manuel.b

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe

You are correct , it does say will not take further orders, MY MISTAKE. However it proceeds with " Here is the delivery availability of the major makers and Closed and will reopen: AR, JF, VS, XF, VRF, KZF, OXFPuretime is naming factories that will reopen next week or whatever. My main problem was that they send emails left right and center when ( in my opinion ) they have absolutely no idea what will happen. It is like Amazon after all isn't it.........

Afaik this info comes from the factories. But we will see, what happens after 6. May. Nobody knows.