• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

CRSO

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/10
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
These raids are the worst!!! I had a gen SD in 2005 then a gen Panerai in 2006. Joined here in 2010 or so and I’m finally pulling the trigger on a rep 10 years later.

Well, actually I can’t now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Clarkent

SuperfranKent®️
Gold Patron
Certified
12/9/19
Smallville
I have an order in progress with chazingtime since 6 April, in the meantime there have been two Raids and of course I have not received neither the QC nor anything else. in these cases, the TD's should first of all reassure customers with orders in progress, clearly and transparently clarifying that the order processing times are extended by many weeks. in my humble opinion the TD's should keep their customers calm and avoid refunds, but if the customer is not followed, the customer gets nervous as the days go by and asks for a refund.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
This hobby like buying fish inside sea , i can’t trust my eyes when rep in my hand .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stepanok

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/12/13
hahaha make me laugh and cry, i bet the china police taking notes from forums?? and we really dont know all whats going on unless someone here has access to the cops and get to the bottom ....TD dealer will only tell you what you want to hear and a need to know basis .... dam i need my fix ......got 3 on order paid just before the shit hit the fan ... vsf and noob fark

I have the same feeling. Apparently the famous quote " this is not Amazon........etc " when replying to someone who has problems ordering ( illegal ) stuff has gone down the drain. Now TDs are better than Amazon support. They provide you with an abundance of information on when , if, how, factories will "probably " reopen and all the rest. You have to understand that TDs have less repercussions as they are simply resellers, than factories which manufacture counterfeit products. TDs are nothing more that an address. They have no stock, they have nothing to loose except future profits. In my opinion It will take quite a while for things to return to the way they were and it depends on whether The Chinese government is willing to allow it. Only one thing is for certain. Price will go up

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
You have to understand that TDs have less repercussions as they are simply resellers, than factories which manufacture counterfeit products.

Completely the opposite, police normally go first for the td's /resellers and they're normally are the ones getting really fucked because td's have nowhere near the same capital to pay bribes like factory owners. Regardless if they're just middlemen they're still part of an illegal business.

stepanok

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/12/13
Completely the opposite, police normally go first for the td's /resellers and they're normally are the ones getting really fucked because td's have nowhere near the same capital to pay bribes like factory owners. Regardless if they're just middlemen they're still part of an illegal business.

What i said is that the THE LAW IS DIFFERENT REGARDING MANUFACTURING AND SELLING COUNTERFEITS. Both selling and manufacturing counterfeits is illegal but selling counterfeits has less penalties than manufacturing them and that is a fact. This is the reason that factories have never set up a way of selling to customers directly, something easy for them to have done.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
One thing is for sure, there will be a long silence in the rep market both for the TD's and factories. This time the raids are serious, the Chinese govt has to show to the world they are following the intellectual rights.
For the first time in my 15 years of dealing with PT suggesting a refund on my order, which means even they don't even see the situation will resolved within shortly as in the past.
Can't understand why some of those resellers are still uploading rep watch reviews on youtube though, which I think is a very stupid thing to do now.

manuelmay

6/12/18
I’ve made an order a few days ago with Andrew for a VSF OHMSS. He told me that the watch was in stock and out of this raid stuff, but I’m a bit worried

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Personally, I will stay away from placing any orders right now. The risk is definitely high. If the Chinese govt has decided to do something they will simply drill all the way deep down to the core of the earth, and unfortunately it seems that's what they are doing at the rep business right now.
Back to franken building eras......

Last edited:

edeneng

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/20
From Reddit Reptime Admin.

The following factories are closed and won't be open until late April/early May:
  • VSF (Rolex, Panerai, Omega) - one of their parts suppliers was raided, so the supply chain is slowed down. The main VSF group has not been affected.
  • V6F (lots of reps) - Same supply chain as VSF..
  • VRF (Pepsi GMT, and a few other great reps)
  • PPF (Nautilus)
  • Noob (Rolex, and a few other brands) - Lots of rumors floating around. The fact remains - Noob spreads warehousing and production across multiple locations, and if the boss is arrested (still an unconfirmed rumor), they will likely come back as usual. Noob has told multiple TDs they will be back by the end of April.
Factories still running:
  • BP/GMF
  • ZF
  • XF/JF
  • Other smaller factories
Most TDs have stopped taking orders for the closed factories. You can still ask if they have stock of a model you like, but you may not be in luck if it's not in their existing inventory. If you have any other news that is confirmed from a TD please post it below.

IS BP the same factory as GMF?