• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Reputable Dealer That Accepts Visa?

real1fr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/2/21
Wanted to buy an ap off of one of the dealers on here but they don't accept visa so i went for an alibaba bust down shitter

SteelTime

Horology Curious
9/1/20
Canada
Did they advertise Visa as an option and then indicate they couldn't accept it? All three of the TD's I have bookmarked advertise Visa as an option.

Reactions: real1fr

Hacin

30/1/20
A lot of dealers accept visa but just know that they will usually charge you more to use visa since they have to do it through a 3rd party and your bank will maybe deny the payment. I know my bank did. Puretime, Trustytime, and InTime all take visa I think.

real1fr

7/2/21
Did they advertise Visa as an option and then indicate they couldn't accept it? All three of the TD's I have bookmarked advertise Visa as an option.

i think i tried puretime and they didn't accept visa

SteelTime

Horology Curious
9/1/20
Canada
Personally, I wouldn't use any of my regular credit cards with any TD. This is not implying the TD's are dodgy, but I gather that there are other 3rd parties who process payments where there are risks. If I were you I'd go the route of a wire transfer or find out which credit cards your TD does accept and then purchase a 'disposable' credit card with enough funds to cover the transaction. I've only purchased a grand total of two reps but I've used each of these methods with success. Yes, the payment can be a pain compared to PayPal or your usual Amazon purchase, but this is the trade-off required right now because these aren't your usual Amazon purchases.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Attention, my real life colleague (showed me the excerpt) got about 50 usd more debited from Trustytime payments with VISA.
(Probably a mixture of the exchange rate and third-party provider of VISA payments)