• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Datejust 41

trevisan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/8/14
Hello,
I'm an italian watch collector. I'm quite disappointed from the italian section, where I post a discussion and most of reply to my doubts where making in a kind of childish and superb attitude.
Not at all, some people also reply me in a kind way, but I would like to have a better and more interesting discussion.

So I repeat here: first of all I had only a replica of my datejust (the smaller) that to me look the same, I've payed around 150€. I'm not an expert of replica, but people told me that with around 400 you can get something much better. I don't really care to spend 200/300 euro more, but I wanted to know what I got more.

They also told me, in the few useful messages, to buy only from "TD", trusted sellers (why is TD and not TS?). I check the list, the problem is that only few have sites that works. Most of all doesn't have a working site. Have some tips to buy the best datejust 41 replica from a TD? I'm gonna buy an original one soon. So I'd like to have a replica to wear in places where I can be afraid that the original one can be stolen (like events, where is good to wear the watch to give a good image, but would be better a replica).

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
ARF and VSF would be your best choice for dj41.

I’d go for VSF purely because of its movement.

And TD stands for “trusted dealer”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: trevisan

trevisan

15/8/14
Thank you. So I have a datejust 36 genuine now, and I want to sell. I want to buy a genuine and replica too of the new 41.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
ARF has a couple of issues you should be aware of. Firstly the movement is not a rolex clone so don't go letting any of your gen Rolex owning mates wind it. Secondly the date wheel font is too bold. The VSF has a high quality clone movement, a better crystal, better date wheel and matches the ARF in case quality. Some say the ARF bracelet is better, but I really can't tell the difference. VSF winds as smooth as butter. The space between the 2 and the 5 at "25" on the VSF is too wide, but this is not a big tell. Both great watches. VSF gets my vote and I own both.

lytnin

WTB ZF IWC Tourbillon Rose/White or Grey/Leather
22/1/19
Villa on the Hill
Don’t get too discouraged with some members responses. When statements like, “maybe the rep game is not for you” are espoused, I just ignore them.

I’m sure the TD’s and factories would highly disagree with them. If there is a flaw, they are the first ones to point it out too. We wouldn’t be here with the excellent reps today if we are all complacent.

Yes, it is a underground business, but it is flourishing and does lead some of us to getting gen watches in the end. (Just like yourself). I am actually seeing rep items on legitimate auction sites (fully disclosed). I like the ability to have a rep in places that are higher risk of being robbed and testing if I want to spend $10k+ on a watch.

Seth1922

Horology Curious
8/1/19
Is the drop in price for the RZF comprable to any drop in quality?

I think this would be my next purchase also (VSF) hopefully the OP can report back if he makes the purchase as I want the Gen for my retirement but want to know his thoughts on whether he feels the Gen is worth the money comparatively.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Is the drop in price for the RZF comprable to any drop in quality?

I think this would be my next purchase also (VSF) hopefully the OP can report back if he makes the purchase as I want the Gen for my retirement but want to know his thoughts on whether he feels the Gen is worth the money comparatively.

How could a gen for 10k USD ever objectively be "worth the money"? Of course, the gen will be more reliable, better finished and have some technical advantages e.g. zero stretch in the Jubilee bracelet. As cryptic as it may sound: it's worth it if you believe it's worth it. Your wife will always say it's nonsense and she'd be right in a way. As Jean Claude Biver said: "A guy who buys a 15k watch only to know what time it is, is an idiot."

Last edited:

trevisan

15/8/14
If you're getting a rep as a back-up for the gen, consider the RZF iteration available from Puretime. It is less expensive than the VSF and ARF models.

hi, thank you for the tip, but what means a RFZ iteration? Puretime is a td?

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Yes Puretime is a TD and RZ is a factory making lower tier reps