• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Custom dials aka replica dials?

Fl0w77

Supporter
Certified
3/4/18
Hi,

So my question really stems from coming across a page on instagram that sell 'custom high quality' dials and they're wholesaling to a couple of TD.

Now i doubt they actually manufacture these dials (there is a possibility) There are many datejust out there with custom dials and i was wondering do just come from rep makers?

So my question is if they're are just dials that come from replica watches if i bought a dial from a td on the forum would it fit a gen watch?

Many thanks

Gds__Ares

Rolie Glitzer Glitzer
30/3/19
Austria
It depends ...... a Arf dial from A2824 won't fit a datejust 41 gen ...... but the Vsf rep dial from the Vs3235 will fit the gen !

Fl0w77

Supporter
Certified
3/4/18
It depends ...... a Arf dial from A2824 won't fit a datejust 41 gen ...... but the Vsf rep dial from the Vs3235 will fit the gen !

So movements that a replicated of the gen the movement, the dials will most likely fit. So a noob SA4130 dial will fit the gen with the gen 4130 movement

Gds__Ares

Rolie Glitzer Glitzer
30/3/19
Austria
I have no clue bout the 4130 but i think yes :))

Also any watchmaker can mod any dial with dial feet ..... i've bought a datejust cause of the wimbledon dial . Wanted to build in my Franken but the dial feet are nor the same . Tje watch is now with interaktiv and he will make it fit :)

Reactions: Fl0w77

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
So movements that a replicated of the gen the movement, the dials will most likely fit. So a noob SA4130 dial will fit the gen with the gen 4130 movement
Correct.

Fl0w77

Supporter
Certified
3/4/18
That would be 'high quality custom dials'.

I very much doubt that - TDs don't make watches.

Well do they dial swap datejust dials and other watches and 'bussdown' dials so dont very much doubt it.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
This level of pedantry is sadly all-too rare these days. Bravo sir. :thumbsup:

I was confused as to what 'Custom High Quality' would be - their own personal interpretation of (high) quality ?

Well do they dial swap datejust dials and other watches and 'bussdown' dials so don't very much doubt it.

I can't understand your posts, makes me wonder which one of us is high.

TDs don't make watches, they sell them. Somebody who sells rep/aftermarket custom' dials/watches on FB or IG is not a TD, he's just somebody selling fake dials/ watches on SM, but most (all) of them involved in reps will lie and make out they have connections with the big China based rep' factories - usually citing Noob.

TDs do sell watches that are described as having 'custom' dials, but in that context the word 'custom' means that particular dial was not offered by the original manufacturer. 'Custom' dials sold on eBay mean they are either 100% counterfeit or they took an original dial, by Rolex or AP, and then stuck diamonds all over it, or sprayed it a shade of hemorrhoid pink and sprinkled sequins on it etc.

The China based rep' factories aren't purchasing dials off some guy on IG or FB, because that isn't the way they work.

Reactions: p0pperini

Fl0w77

Supporter
Certified
3/4/18
I was confused as to what 'Custom High Quality' would be - their own personal interpretation of (high) quality ?

I can't understand your posts, makes me wonder which one of us is high.

TDs don't make watches, they sell them. Somebody who sells rep/aftermarket custom' dials/watches on FB or IG is not a TD, he's just somebody selling fake dials/ watches on SM, but most (all) of them involved in reps will lie and make out they have connections with the big China based rep' factories - usually citing Noob.

TDs do sell watches that are described as having 'custom' dials, but in that context the word 'custom' means that particular dial was not offered by the original manufacturer. 'Custom' dials sold on eBay mean they are either 100% counterfeit or they took an original dial, by Rolex or AP, and then stuck diamonds all over it, or sprayed it a shade of hemorrhoid pink and sprinkled sequins on it etc.

The China based rep' factories aren't purchasing dials off some guy on IG or FB, because that isn't the way they work.

When i say TD/Trusted dealers, i'm not referring to the replica watch world. I'm referring to gen watch dealers. AD's are the ones who sell watches at RRP, then you got your TD's/Grey market dealers.

These TD's buy and sell and big ones usually dabble in the 'bussdown'/diamond watch game.

I think that's where you are confused.

I've contacted Puretime and a daytona dial cost $68, and they're generally resold for the £150 (Bulk to TD) or £200+ to normal buyers looking to dial swap their Gen Rolex.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Hi,

So my question really stems from coming across a page on instagram that sell 'custom high quality' dials and they're wholesaling to a couple of TD.

Now i doubt they actually manufacture these dials (there is a possibility) There are many datejust out there with custom dials and i was wondering do just come from rep makers?

So my question is if they're are just dials that come from replica watches if i bought a dial from a td on the forum would it fit a gen watch?

Many thanks
Can you share the Instagram account? There are lots of places like ebay where you can find custom dials.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
When i say TD/Trusted dealers, i'm not referring to the replica watch world. I'm referring to gen watch dealers. AD's are the ones who sell watches at RRP, then you got your TD's/Grey market dealers.

These TD's buy and sell and big ones usually dabble in the 'bussdown'/diamond watch game.

I think that's where you are confused.

I'm fine, you are very confused.

Trusted Dealers (TD's) is a term used on replica watch forums.

Grey market is a term used for dealers in genuine watches who are selling outside of the authorized channels for particular brands.

AD = Authorized Dealer and has absolutely nothing to do with replica watches.

I've contacted Puretime and a daytona dial cost $68, and they're generally resold for the £150 (Bulk to TD) or £200+ to normal buyers looking to dial swap their Gen Rolex.

TDs don't order dials in bulk, TDs sell watches and most of them have little to no stock.

There are very few people who would remove a genuine dial from their Rolex to replace it with a fake dial - this would mean Rolex would no longer consider the watch to be a genuine Rolex, but a fake. It would also destroy resale value and desirability.

Most dials that are sold as 'custom dials' on eBay, SM etc are original dials that have been modified with diamonds , different colors or whatever - again, not all original, not offered by the manufacturer, therefore can not be sold as original hence the word 'custom'.

Aftermarket dials is a nice way of saying fake - not made by the original manufacturer, not authentic.

If you are buying 'custom' Rolex DJ dial then you are most likely going to get an original dial plate that has been modified somehow.

If you are buying an aftermarket Rolex DJ dial then it is fake, not genuine in any way.

Reactions: Oascom

Fl0w77

Supporter
Certified
3/4/18
I'm fine, you are very confused.

Trusted Dealers (TD's) is a term used on replica watch forums.

Grey market is a term used for dealers in genuine watches who are selling outside of the authorized channels for particular brands.

AD = Authorized Dealer and has absolutely nothing to do with replica watches.

TDs don't order dials in bulk, TDs sell watches and most of them have little to no stock.

There are very few people who would remove a genuine dial from their Rolex to replace it with a fake dial - this would mean Rolex would no longer consider the watch to be a genuine Rolex, but a fake. It would also destroy resale value and desirability.

Most dials that are sold as 'custom dials' on eBay, SM etc are original dials that have been modified with diamonds , different colors or whatever - again, not all original, not offered by the manufacturer, therefore can not be sold as original hence the word 'custom'.

Aftermarket dials is a nice way of saying fake - not made by the original manufacturer, not authentic.

If you are buying 'custom' Rolex DJ dial then you are most likely going to get an original dial plate that has been modified somehow.

If you are buying an aftermarket Rolex DJ dial then it is fake, not genuine in any way.

Trusted dealers is also a term used in the gen watch world. I should of specified the difference but reading the sentence for more than second you would of been able to identify that. Instead of comment with some sense of annoyance. Maybe you should find another way to vent your anger?

People do dial swap their Rolex, and I have also clearly stated multiples times this is mainly used in aftermarket diamond watches where Rolex will always refuse to warranty them or service them so adding a aftermarket dial to them, what's gonna change?

I have spoken to the seller, he has confirmed they are 'AFTERMARKET' and not custom made on a gen dial or aftermarket diamonds etc and i know for a fact he's sold to a GREY MARKET DEALER (Enjoy the clarification) with 100,000 followers on a social media platform.

Have a good day.

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
I’m going to be honest, it maybe because it’s Sunday morning in my part of the world. I did have a rather late night. But I’m confused as shit by this.

Fake is fake.
Custom is fake.
Puretime sells fakes.
Aftermarket is fake.
Grey market buying fake?

As I said it may be because I had a big night that I’m confused.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
I’m going to be honest, it maybe because it’s Sunday morning in my part of the world. I did have a rather late night. But I’m confused as shit by this.

Fake is fake.
Custom is fake.
Puretime sells fakes.
Aftermarket is fake.
Grey market buying fake?

No reason to be confused. If it isn't 100% Gen or authentic, then it's Fake.

Either it's Gen or it isn't.

Reactions: DiggerOfWatches

Fl0w77

Supporter
Certified
3/4/18

Fake is fake.
Custom is fake.
Puretime sells fakes.
Aftermarket is fake.
Grey market buying fake?

My question simply was "if i bought a dial from a td on the forum would it fit a gen watch?" and it was answered in the by the first person to reply to this thread. Thread only went sideways cause certain people feel the need to nitpick mistakes and not use their brain.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Trusted dealers is also a term used in the gen watch world. I should of specified the difference but reading the sentence for more than second you would of been able to identify that. Instead of comment with some sense of annoyance. Maybe you should find another way to vent your anger?

People do dial swap their Rolex, and I have also clearly stated multiples times this is mainly used in aftermarket diamond watches where Rolex will always refuse to warranty them or service them so adding a aftermarket dial to them, what's gonna change?

I have spoken to the seller, he has confirmed they are 'AFTERMARKET' and not custom made on a gen dial or aftermarket diamonds etc and i know for a fact he's sold to a GREY MARKET DEALER (Enjoy the clarification) with 100,000 followers on a social media platform.

Have a good day.

You have the IQ of a fucking chicken.

​​​

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

Fake is fake.
Custom is fake.
Puretime sells fakes.
Aftermarket is fake.
Grey market buying fake?

It's not hard, if it wasn't made by the original manufacturer then it's fake. AKA Aftermarket.

Reactions: DiggerOfWatches

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
It's not hard, if it wasn't made by the original manufacturer then it's fake. AKA Aftermarket.

Is it that simple though ? Like devils advocate here, if you buy a replacement non factory part for your Nissan GTR is it a fake GTR now ? I understand both sides of the coin here. People are just way more picky with watches.

If I install non apple glass on my Apple Watch is it still a Apple Watch ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk