• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Skeleton Concept for Daytona

TripleR

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/2/21

I saw some concept skeleton Daytona Rolex on a website (I wont put the website name to seem like I am promoting it) vendor who..

I thought it really looks nice was wondering what you watch lovers think of it.

It would definitely make for a good franken project for the watch lovers.

Last edited:

repitup5

3/10/12
It's aight. The skeleton look seems more trendy to me, and something that I'd get bored with. I much prefer the diagonal motif, or the ice quadrant face. Timeless, and very cool look. I wouldn't spend money on something like this.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I really like the skeleton sub, but the Daytona is a little weird and I'm not sure why. I want to love it but I just don't. The same modders also do a version of the Nautilus and it's awful

TripleR

2/2/21
Nice one thanks for the link... I will have s read through and subscribe to him, it's seems like RWI is full of talented watchmakers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Oh really that's interesting, would be interesting
Is my bad.. I thought it was him (it looks similar). I have been told by another member privately it wasn't. Although is amazing what our fellow member can achieve.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Is my bad.. I thought it was him (it looks similar). I have been told by another member privately it wasn't. Although is amazing what our fellow member can achieve.

He caused quite a shitstorm over on the rolex forums.

Because he started posting on here about his progress, people started accusing him of using reps for his projects.

Reactions: VixLa3

TripleR

2/2/21
He caused quite a shitstorm over on the rolex forums.

Because he started posting on here about his progress, people started accusing him of using reps for his projects.
What was there issue in the Rolex forum

DrHack

10/8/20
SoCal
I for one love skeleton watches, I think these look terrific. I especially love the carbon one with the orange strap.

TripleR

2/2/21
Me too I also prefer the orange strap, I am definitely going to add a skeleton watch to my collection.

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17

He has been quite opened and very transparent about it on TRF

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer

He is the one behind that brand mate...

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
What was there issue in the Rolex forum

Well I mentioned it above.

He posted his progress there but also here, hence they made the assumption the watches he works on are reps because no one in his right mind would do this to a daytona.

And so yea. I think that's the main reason he stopped posting here.

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
Well to give a reply, yes at beginning had start this project, but not more in, after about TRF though some supposedly watchsmith can’t believe someone that’s not on this industry could do this, or maybe do this on a daytona, don’t know and I don’t care about, btw who knows how working this kind of business knows custom brand are only selling a custom job and not a watch, consumers have to provide their own watch and then the custom brand do the job with the consumers watches.

However here was not the question, according to me the carbon one is really cool. Is rep industry could do those, what’s sure about they have all necessary tools, but economically not sure interesting, 4130 is not a 3130 movement, really more difficult and consuming time just about assembly I even not talking about drawings, but maybe one day they would launch those.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Storm.