• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I got my PAM 308 stolen

dylan

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/07
Nevada and California
So bummed. One of my forum buddies sold me his 308 which I’ve been searching for ages and someone during the travel obviously pilfered through my package.

This happen to anyone before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BravoDelta

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
5/8/19
The Land
So bummed. One of my forum buddies sold me his 308 which I’ve been searching for ages and someone during the travel obviously pilfered through my package.

This happen to anyone before?

Bummer...I travel a lot and I always carry mine on in these pods. The bag never gets opened at security...

ZQbe5I.jpg

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
That sucks big time mate.

I always have mine in my carry on luggage. I use a sunglass case. But that pod looks pretty good.

Shame there is vermin out there doing this but I believe karma will come back to them.

dylan

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/07
Nevada and California
I meant during the travel from him to me in the mail. Someone went through the box. Stole the watch. Left a strap.

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
Ah damn, sorry I misunderstood. That is really sh1t.

Good old postal workers. Wonder how much those didn’t pricks get. Lots of stuff I imagine. Again I reckon karma will get them.

I’ve been lucky that every watch I’ve bought has been received. That being said when I was living in Spain I had several parcels go missing. And the tax costs seemed to vary on the ones that did arrive, no rhyme or reason to the costs.

Lucky it wasn’t gen...

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
That sucks.

I used to have the same kind of experience, during few weeks ALL my packages (box or bubble letter) was always semi opened.

Thanks god was nothing expensive so the stuff wasn't stolen but it's annoying.

I've decided to contact the postal office, they did an investigation, magically i never experienced the issue since 3 years now and i never seen the previous postal officer.

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I will tell you something that probably most of members won't agree with me since I often receive packages that are lightly secured which proves that 90+% of the members pack watches that way.

This is as well senders fault, we are here speaking of 300+$ worth of goods that are shipped out in a small carton box without any additional external protection. I tape ALL of my boxes from outside with enough tape that it takes either 5 min for the receiver or any potential middle intruder to open the package. This discourages any postman, post officer to have their curious eyes and sticky fingers placed inside of the package. Of course it can happen but the probabilities are 0,0000001% while in this case the probabilities that somebody will have a look inside is high.

As I see this, it was a 15s job do open and take out the content of the package in your case. Trust me it would not happen if the package was properly secured/protected.

I had a similar case in the past year, lost almost 400€ of watches because the lazy fv%&r (sender/member on this forum) only closed the carton box and placed some scotch tape that could have been opened by barely looking at it for 3 seconds. When some post officers, postman see this they know there is an option to score, sometimes they do it, sometimes just by numerous handling the box falls apart and content gets lost.

Anyway, not something that should be done this way by the sender. They are responsible for our goods if they don't properly secure/pack the items we bought. I would suggest in this case a partial refund (in extreme cases even a full refund by the seller).

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
dadog13 you've 100% right, when i ship something i always put strong tape (and i dont even count how much turn i put all around the box) so even the dude that receive the goods can insult me sayin "wtf this retard did with the tape, he's mad or?" but i feel confident that NO ONE will have the envy to give a little look into the package.

Here on rwi i always received well packaged goods, only once i received my 5 digits BP in a regular letter with bubble (i wonder how the watch arrived without being crushed tho).

So always ask for a TON of tape, better spend 10 minutes to unpack and fight with the tape than be sorry to see a empty package because it was school tape used for close the package.

Reactions: DiggerOfWatches