• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need help - Missing part ZF 15500

bene1337

16/1/17
Today my new ZF 15500 arrived. The watch looks absolutely stunning. Problem ist that there is a hole in the bracelet and it looks like it's not supposed to be there. Don't know if there is something missing or if it's a production failure. Maybe someone knows how to fix it or what to do.

Last edited:

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
yeah that hole is supposed to be filled with the metal rod, laser wielded, then sanded to flush with the bracelet and polished off. where did you get this?

I think an expert like legend can offer more advice on this.

bene1337

16/1/17
Also on QC pics the hole wasn't there. I really don't know what my TD did there. Hope he helps me in solving the problem.

bene1337

16/1/17
yeah that hole is supposed to be filled with the metal rod, laser wielded, then sanded to flush with the bracelet and polished off. where did you get this?

I think an expert like legend can offer more advice on this.

Got it at Chazingtime. Never had any problems before. And you can clearly see that the part isn't missing in QC pics.

bene1337

16/1/17
Yes did it already but I wasn’t sure if it’s not just a pin missing or something.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: AlphaProt

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
bene1337 This is a production defect. I have seen this before on another ZF15500. The extra hole is not supposed to be there at all, so have the bracelet changed.
Down_under thanks for the heads up. I am not an expert on anything but I do know how an 15500 looks like. This is just plain wrong.

bene1337

16/1/17
Thanks for the information [mention]legend [/mention]. Hope CT responds quickly and helps with a new bracelet or well at least half of a new bracelet, that’s all I need.

bene1337

16/1/17
CT responded and said that makers and them are on CNY holidays right now. They asked if I could use one of the bracelet screws to fix this temporarily but they won’t fit. So I think I have to wait til holidays are over.

Last edited:

AlphaProt

Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
I know this sucks but maybe try holding it with a metal rod made out of paper clip. then secure it by some kind of gasket or something first. Make sure you nicely trim off the excess length of the paper clip.

Reactions: bene1337

bene1337

16/1/17
Thanks for the idea. Yes it sucks, but it’s part of the hobby. Let’s see what happens after CNY. But Trusted Dealers aren’t “trusted” for no reason. So let them enjoy their holidays and solve the problem afterwards.

Reactions: gcp42 and AlphaProt

AlphaProt

Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
Thanks for the idea. Yes it sucks, but it’s part of the hobby. Let’s see what happens after CNY. But Trusted Dealers aren’t “trusted” for no reason. So let them enjoy their holidays and solve the problem afterwards.

Great attitude. Good deeds will come to you mate. Good luck. Keep us posted!

AlphaProt

Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand

Great attitude. Good deeds will come to you mate. Good luck. Keep us posted!

bene1337

16/1/17
I’m slowly going crazy on this.
I mailed them, they said they can get a screw. I said a screw won’t help and explained that the part with the hole ist supposed to be welded, sanded and polished. Answer was to send a message again in mid February so they can ask the factory after CNY. So I patiently waited, mailed them again in mid February. Got the answer today, one week later, and it said ‘we can get the screw for you’.
I hope someday I will have my bracelet fixed...

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
You need a new ZF bracelet mate. But As well as CNY holidays, ZF factory was raided by police and shut down before the holidays. They should re-start operations soon (hopefully) but I’d expect a very long wait before a raised factory has spare parts to give out. You’re gonna have to wait this one out man or take it to a local jeweller (minus the watch head) for laser weld.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: AlphaProt

davos

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/16
Hello, I have a similar problem, the TD is also not really helpful. How did you solve this problem?

lytnin

WTB ZF IWC Tourbillon Rose/White or Grey/Leather
22/1/19
Villa on the Hill
If after a few emails and TD doesn’t replace the bracelet, I’d contact a mod and ask them to intervine. Sometimes just a few emails will get the TD back on track without opening a ticket. I wouldn’t be happy with a big flaw like that. I’d be double check the QC for other items not matching.

I had something similar happen and switched TD...now that new TD gets all my business and issues are fixed with a few emails...remember that the language barrier is hard and follow up emails for clarification is needed.

guybythelake

13/7/14
I had the same problem. One day I found 3 little pin looking metal pieces around my watch... by super luck! I was able to glue them back. But ended up buying a new bracelet here on members area because you could tell the brushing of the pins showed an outline against the link which really bugged me.

The process of building these bracelets include putting the parts of the links by using a pin and cutting the ends of the pin flush with the link and blushing the whole thing. Apparently this is a quality issue with ZF.

davos

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/16
If after a few emails and TD doesn’t replace the bracelet, I’d contact a mod and ask them to intervine. Sometimes just a few emails will get the TD back on track without opening a ticket. I wouldn’t be happy with a big flaw like that. I’d be double check the QC for other items not matching.

I had something similar happen and switched TD...now that new TD gets all my business and issues are fixed with a few emails...remember that the language barrier is hard and follow up emails for clarification is needed.

Thank you. The TD sent me one side of the bracelet to replace it, but he sent the wrong side (although I have sent him clear pictures of which side I need a replacement of) and I cannot connect it to the clasp because the last fixed link is different. He doesn't seem to want to understand the problem. What an absolutely horrible experience.

Edit: Do you guys know which mod I could contact which maybe has experience with AP (bracelets)? I think this is a more common problem, like the poster above has mentioned and seems to be a QC issue of ZF.

Last edited: