• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Has anyone called you out for wearing a replica?

marcuswyse

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/3/20
Hey all,
Just curious. Here's a bit of my backstory. I bought my first Rolex Sub when I turned 25 (22 years ago). Since then, I own a Panerai PAM, Omega PO, and DSSD (all GEN). I recently got into reps about 6 months ago. I own a VSF HULK, NOOB Daytona, and have a Noob GMT PEPSI and VSF Smurf shipped. In all my years of owning watches, NOONE has questioned whether or not they were authentic/not. Here are my thoughts: About 70% of the public don't even look at your watch. The 30% that do, can appreciate it. Out of that 30%, 5% really know the watch, and out of that 5%, about 5% would know if it's a replica. And out of THAT group, the chances of them SAYING anything is slim. If they do say something, they're d*cks.
Probably confusing, but you get the picture. What are your experiences?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I imagine school being be a high call out risk zone these days .

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: marcuswyse

aporb

10/9/19
Never been called out. Depending on who I'm talking to I do volunteer the info that it's a rep. If you wear it with confidence and everything else fits no one is going to call you out as you have experienced.

Reactions: Ecy and marcuswyse

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
About 70% of the public don't even look at your watch. The 30% that do, can appreciate it. Out of that 30%, 5% really know the watch, and out of that 5%, about 5% would know if it's a replica. And out of THAT group, the chances of them SAYING anything is slim.

99.273% of stats are plucked out of thin air.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
I Have yet to be called out for my gen life style....all of my rep stuff always passes for gen!
ZtGyPc.jpg

Last edited:

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Time for the old BLADOW post

dont call me out ! ............

........ I know Muai Tai, Brazillian Ju Jitzu, and a little thing I like to call "i nailed your mom". I'm so bad ass, there isn't one little kid in any of my karate classes that even wants to spar with me cause i UNLEASH THE FURY! Yeah I've got a small penis and nobody likes me, but I drive a porsche worth more than your LIFE so **** you! Like the other day, I was walking down the street and this little old lady told me she liked my watch, so I said, "What **** you! It's not fake!" So I went into karate mode and SCISSOR KICKED HER IN THE FACE! *WHAM BAM* Then I pulled her up by her hair but her wig came off, turns out she was bald! *GROSS* ******* old people. Then I picked her up by the ears and kneed her in the face muai tai style! *BLADOW* And I was like "That's what you get for walking so slow bitch! AND THERE'S NO WAY YOU COULD KNOW MY WATCH IS FAKE, CAUSE IT'S NOT, IT'S A MODDED MBW SUPER DUPER ULTIMATE SUB, AND IT'S REAL! REAL I SAY! IT USES THE SAME MOVEMENT MOST REAL WATCHES DO ANYWAY, IT'S SWISS ETA, IT'S A DIVISION OF SWATCH, PLUS I BOUGHT IT FOR A GOOD VALUE, NOT CAUSE I CAN'T AFFORD A REAL ONE CAUSE I SPENT ALL MY MONEY ON KARATE CLASSES, SO **** YOU! OH, AND I DRIVE A PORSCHE WORTH MORE THAN YOUR GRANDCHILDREN!" *KAZAAM* Yeah, I showed her what's what. That's the last time she'll be calling me out on my watch. But I gtg, I'm late for yoga class WHERE I PICK UP CHICKS LIKE YOUR MOM! AMERICA!!! **** YEAH!!!

(repost from classic thread )

marcuswyse

8/3/20
Time for the old BLADOW post

dont call me out ! ............

........ I know Muai Tai, Brazillian Ju Jitzu, and a little thing I like to call "i nailed your mom". I'm so bad ass, there isn't one little kid in any of my karate classes that even wants to spar with me cause i UNLEASH THE FURY! Yeah I've got a small penis and nobody likes me, but I drive a porsche worth more than your LIFE so **** you! Like the other day, I was walking down the street and this little old lady told me she liked my watch, so I said, "What **** you! It's not fake!" So I went into karate mode and SCISSOR KICKED HER IN THE FACE! *WHAM BAM* Then I pulled her up by her hair but her wig came off, turns out she was bald! *GROSS* ******* old people. Then I picked her up by the ears and kneed her in the face muai tai style! *BLADOW* And I was like "That's what you get for walking so slow bitch! AND THERE'S NO WAY YOU COULD KNOW MY WATCH IS FAKE, CAUSE IT'S NOT, IT'S A MODDED MBW SUPER DUPER ULTIMATE SUB, AND IT'S REAL! REAL I SAY! IT USES THE SAME MOVEMENT MOST REAL WATCHES DO ANYWAY, IT'S SWISS ETA, IT'S A DIVISION OF SWATCH, PLUS I BOUGHT IT FOR A GOOD VALUE, NOT CAUSE I CAN'T AFFORD A REAL ONE CAUSE I SPENT ALL MY MONEY ON KARATE CLASSES, SO **** YOU! OH, AND I DRIVE A PORSCHE WORTH MORE THAN YOUR GRANDCHILDREN!" *KAZAAM* Yeah, I showed her what's what. That's the last time she'll be calling me out on my watch. But I gtg, I'm late for yoga class WHERE I PICK UP CHICKS LIKE YOUR MOM! AMERICA!!! **** YEAH!!!

(repost from classic thread )

Cue mic drop......

Reactions: Raddave

optical

Renowned Member
31/1/10
Never been called out, but also never called others out. I have spotted reps quite a few times, being a member here you get really good at spotting BAD reps, the canal street crap. Just live and let live.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
NO ONE is gonna call you out in public, but this doesn't mean that someone won't be able to tell you are wearing a rep.

I notice many people wearing reps, but that doesn't mean that i shame them in public for it lol, I wear them too!
When people notice that you are wearing a rep they keep it for themselves and they won't openly say it to you, but they could easily say it behind your back to their friends.

If you don't want to "be called out" or "noticed" wearing a rep it all depends on what watch you are wearing in proportion to who you are, people won't usually notice the tells of the best reps (except for us "experts" of the forum, btw, read "experts" as "obsessed"), they will notice if what you are wearing reflects your lifestyle.

It also depends on your environment, if your friend circle is very knowledgeable about watches they will most likely notice if you show up one day with a carbon fiber RM, because of course they do know your background. But if they have no clue about watches, they won't even know what a RM is or what it's worth, they would just see a weird G-Shock.

My close friends know about my reps, and i even managed to make them buy a couple lmao. Sharing is caring :p

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
NO ONE is gonna call you out in public, but this doesn't mean that someone won't be able to tell you are wearing a rep.

I notice many people wearing reps, but that doesn't mean that i shame them in public for it lol, I wear them too!
When people notice that you are wearing a rep they keep it for themselves and they won't openly say it to you, but they could easily say it behind your back to their friends.

If you don't want to "be called out" or "noticed" wearing a rep it all depends on what watch you are wearing in proportion to who you are, people won't usually notice the tells of the best reps (except for us "experts" of the forum, btw, read "experts" as "obsessed"), they will notice if what you are wearing reflects your lifestyle.

It also depends on your environment, if your friend circle is very knowledgeable about watches they will most likely notice if you show up one day with a carbon fiber RM, because of course they do know your background. But if they have no clue about watches, they won't even know what a RM is or what it's worth, they would just see a weird G-Shock.

My close friends know about my reps, and i even managed to make them buy a couple lmao. Sharing is caring :p

I wore RM 035 from ZF to a work lunch once. My colleague asked if it was Xiaomi. lol

c_hall100

El Presidente
Gold Patron
Certified
14/2/20
UK
This ole chestnut again

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone 11 using Tapatalk

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I imagine school being be a high call out risk zone these days .

Damn right, bro! My daughter (4 years) got called out in kindergarten just the other day with her fake Panerai Luna Rossa.

But seriously: haven't had a new thread on this topic since almost two weeks. Really interested in everyone's stories.

ZtSFk2.gif

Reactions: mech500

CJS57

7/9/20
Before I joined this forum and knew more about really good reps, I wore a DH shitter DJ 41 mm with diamond dial to a cocktail party. The richest guy in the room who drove a Ferrari to the event complemented me on my Rolex, saying he left his at home. I had to laugh! But if anyone asks I always tell the truth. Chinese knock off!