• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Found 5 old reps in my brother's room

sw821

Known Member
17/1/21
Hi everyone!

So talking watches with my brother and telling him I just purchased 2 reps, he told me he bought long time ago in NYC 5 reps that he still had. So we started looking and we actually found them!

From how they look, I think (if I learned correctly reading this forum... hehe) that they are horrible and super bad quality reps, but 2 of them called a little bit my attention. First rep it's actually a nice Cartier Ballon Bleu (movement doesn't work), the second one it's a Submariner Hulk (34mm I think) that still works! I don't know if this is normal for a rep but this watch was bought aproximately 10 years ago or even more. Third rep is another Submariner Hulk 40mm (movement diesn't work at all), and two last reps are both Daytona's, white dial one, and black dial the other, both of them also work but numbers and crown said bye bye to the dial LOL

I thought this could be fun or interesting for you guys, maybe some of you would like to guess where they come from, if any parts can be used either on other reps or could be sold to someone who needs them, maybe throw them to the trash, or maybe I could just keep them and use them to learn how the movement works... I don't know, just typing without thinking.

Took pics with the only camera I have, I hope they are good enough... PD: This is just for fun, please don't kill me xd

Cartier Ballon Bleu

Submariner Hulk 34mm

Submariner Hulk 40mm

Daytona (White)

Daytona (Black)

sw821

Known Member
17/1/21
omg.. those are so bad i cringed.. then I laughed out loud in the workplace when I saw the black daytona! the mighty have fallen! LOL

Hahahaha horrible and disgusting to the max level, it's true...

Any thoughts of what can I do with them? Have no idea if there are any movements pieces I can actually keep for a future rep

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
Hahahaha horrible and disgusting to the max level, it's true...

Any thoughts of what can I do with them? Have no idea if there are any movements pieces I can actually keep for a future rep

I would just keep them in a nice dry location, so one day you can show your grandkids how bad the reps used to be...

Last edited:
Reactions: sw821

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Thanks for sharing theses canal street pictures

CJS57

7/9/20
I think reps have a life of there own. And someday there will be collections showing the progression of reps from the beginning to the future end. Which will be so gen like, disassembly will be needed to identify. Keep your watches and enjoy. I would wear them proudly as nice early examples of where reps started. The hulk 34 mm is priceless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paolo069 and sw821

sw821

Known Member
17/1/21
I think reps have a life of there own. And someday there will be collections showing the progression of reps from the beginning to the future end. Which will be so gen like, disassembly will be needed to identify. Keep your watches and enjoy. I would wear them proudly as nice early examples. The hulk 34 mm is priceless.

Thanks man, I agree with you... Actually a little update on the Cartier... I opened it and it uses an SR626SW battery, so I bought one and now it works perfectly.

And about the 34mm Hulk it's actually the best rep out from the other 4, still a bad rep, but looks nice!

One of my concerns is... do they hold any value? Even for little parts for repair not at all?