• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Shipping from UK to EU success

philiusmaximus

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/2/14
UK
I think to be fair to the RM, overseas bound from the UK once it leaves Langley it’s the receiving country’s delivery service that is responsible on updating the tracking info. Some are good and some are not as good.

This is correct. I've paid for full tracking before but despite that it stuck at the Langley bit and next thing I heard was from buyer saying he had it.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
I got a watch relumed in Italy, I posted out by Royal Mail tracked and signed mid-Jan and it arrived without issue. On the return they used UPS, it then got help in Italy until additional paperwork that was required due to Brexit. That helps it up a further week, and it's supposed to be back to my today by 16:15, so that's 12 mins to go ;-)

From experience, I have stayed away from the DHL/UPS types and always used Royal mail. It takes longer, but fewer customs risks so far.

Troklo

23/12/15
Not watch related but I ordered something from the UK to Austria and it had a big customs declaration form on it.
Luckily I didn't have to pay anything as it was under 20€

Last edited:

hedoni_st

7/6/09
Is there any TD already have a EU shiping?

Anyrhing from UK will be part of custom and VAT cost.

lars05

Horology Curious
7/2/21
Purchased a watch from Sead's UK stock yesterday, will keep you updated. (to Germany)

Matty369

Supporter
Certified
24/8/16
EU
It is safe to conclude that UK > EU sending is no longer 100% "customs-free" like prior Brexit.
It is just matter of chance and pure luck will your package pass without issues or not, BUT nobody can guarantee anything.
In smaller EU countries like mine, there is a 99% chance that UK package will be stopped, checked and taxed (or destroyed if customs declare content as counterfeit).
Anyone know some TD that moved EU stock or triangle shipping on EU soil ?
Thanks !

sw821

Known Member
17/1/21
Doesn´t matter where you get the watch shipped from but NEVER EVER chose DHL... They will just charge you 50% of the declared item value doesn't matter which country you live in... Bought an Omega Seamaster, shipping went from China - Bahrain - Germany - Spain, the value declared of item by my TD was $60 and the charged me 31€...

A rep I bought 1 month ago just arrived today to Spain via PostNL, we'll see if they charge me customs or not.

I would rather chose chinese courier and wait 2 months like you wait for Aliexpress items and not paying that extra amount.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Doesn´t matter where you get the watch shipped from but NEVER EVER chose DHL... They will just charge you 50% of the declared item value doesn't matter which country you live in... Bought an Omega Seamaster, shipping went from China - Bahrain - Germany - Spain, the value declared of item by my TD was $60 and the charged me 31€...

A rep I bought 1 month ago just arrived today to Spain via PostNL, we'll see if they charge me customs or not.

I would rather chose chinese courier and wait 2 months like you wait for Aliexpress items and not paying that extra amount.

I’d rather pay £18 tax and have the item on my wrist in a few days. Ain’t nobody got time to wait 2months to save a few quid

Sent from the RWI App

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Anyone with experience UK to France?
I have 2 watches from 2 different UK sellers bought this week, both by Royal Mail. 1 landed in France in 1 day, the other just got picked up.
I'll see what custom clearance and transit takes to my door.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: SHB

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I have 2 watches from 2 different UK sellers bought this week, both by Royal Mail. 1 landed in France in 1 day, the other just got picked up.

Thanks for the feedback.
The 1st one was regular royal mail? No express or whatever? 1 day is faaast with brexit rules.

Lovegmt73

7/3/20

Hello, are they brand new or used watches?
What about invoice and custom codes?
Declared value?
Thanks for your help.
Regards

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Thanks for the feedback.
The 1st one was regular royal mail? No express or whatever? 1 day is faaast with brexit rules.
Regular Royal mail it is yes.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Hello, are they brand new or used watches?
What about invoice and custom codes?
Declared value?
Thanks for your help.
Regards

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
M2M watches, no idea about custom codes but most of the time describing the items as being to repair, steel samples & fixings or tool parts work quite ok when crossing borders. Still, I think it depends on countries, France is not a particular hard customs one for exemple.

The other way, I sent a watch to UK by the end of January which took 6 days to its destination, but it was the 1rst days of Brexit so maybe UK was not as "locked" as today.
So, so far beside filling papers Brexit does not really have an influence on shipping delays, but it may have changed within the last week or so.

I'll see what happens with my incoming packages.

Last edited:

sw821

Known Member
17/1/21
I’d rather pay £18 tax and have the item on my wrist in a few days. Ain’t nobody got time to wait 2months to save a few quid

Sent from the RWI App

Sure... a few days sounds good...

36 days + 31€ extra or 45 days + 0€ extra

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
I sent one Royal Mail international signed for on the 12th and it left Heathrow on the 14th and tracked in Milan on the 18th but not moved since so things are slower than they used to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
RoyalMail is no saint in this case, my shipment says:
LANGLEY HWDC, Item Leaving the UK

it's been over a month as of now and still haven't left UK for no reason.

You are reading that wrong bud! Your item will have left the day that the tracking update was performed and will be sat in the pre customs area of the receiving country not in the U.K.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk