• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is it True Factories are closed for CNY and also some got raided? PureTime Send email.

jk130

Known Member
Certified
29/11/20
I was wondering if it is true that factories are closed till Feb CNY year. Also some got raided. I bought two watches from Pure Time and they sent email stating due to CNY and raids, they wont ship till Feb. Anyone else got this email. Thanks

jk130

Known Member
Certified
29/11/20
OK KING JACKASS, When you send thousand dollars and not know what the outcome is, people do get nervous. I don't need your smart ass comments. SHUT UP

Reactions: GottaHave

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
OK KING JACKASS, When you send thousand dollars and not know what the outcome is, people do get nervous. I don't need your smart ass comments. SHUT UP

What do you need ?

Reactions: rj999

JasonT

Horology Curious
4/12/20
Big Ole Texas
Congratulations on the thousand dollars. That's a very small amount in the rep hobby tbh. What you mean you don't know the outcome and nervous? PT did send you an email stating you won't get any status update until after the Chinese New Year. They can't do jack if the factory is out for the new year. Remember they're the middle man.

What else you want us to say? That a trusted dealer is trying to scam you because the raids and the upcoming Chinese New Year is fake news? Be patient and wait it out like me atm and many others who bought watches during these times. I do see others posts regarding this topic so..... No need to multiplied post about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: meckintosh

jk130

Known Member
Certified
29/11/20
Listen President sleepy Joe, I placed order in early Jan, first it was in stock, then not in stock, Then CNY and factory raided. I need to just make sure, I didn't get screwed. You don't need to be watch dog for PureTime,

Updog

18/7/19
Listen President sleepy Joe, I placed order in early Jan, first it was in stock, then not in stock, Then CNY and factory raided. I need to just make sure, I didn't get screwed. You don't need to be watch dog for PureTime,

Probably should have sent an email first to check. Worth doing in future so a valuable lesson learned. Hopefully you are a patient person and don't mind the wait. Happy CNY!

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I was wondering if it is true that factories are closed till Feb CNY year. Also some got raided. I bought two watches from Pure Time and they sent email stating due to CNY and raids, they wont ship till Feb. Anyone else got this email. Thanks

That’s all a tissue of lies. There’s no Chinese New Year this year because it’s been the Chinese Year of the Kangaroo which means they skip a year. The “raids” story is just what they tell customers to stop them emailing daily asking for updates on their order. And there’s no February in the Chinese calendar, so they’ll never ship the watches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom
OP for every email you send them they will remove 1 beat from the movement. I sent them 28,800 emails chasing a watch order. The watch arrived as a non runner so I’m still chasing the missing parts to this day!

WTB - beats. Cash waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jk130

Known Member
Certified
29/11/20
I don't think all the TD are like that, only handful are playing games. They have too many watches listed on there websites with no inventory. Most of the watches are probably not even in production. They just show it to get web traffic, Once you select a watch and send a payment, shit hits the fan. You will get an email "Sorry we are out of stock" can you take another watch. Now you are screwed. So people here taking sides should shut up.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
I don't think all the TD are like that, only handful are playing games. They have too many watches listed on there websites with no inventory. Most of the watches are probably not even in production. They just show it to get web traffic, Once you select a watch and send a payment, shit hits the fan. You will get an email "Sorry we are out of stock" can you take another watch. Now you are screwed. So people here taking sides should shut up.

Your an idiot. So you don't think its possible that someone else around the world also ordered the same watch as you and maybe at the time of your order the TD didn't know the factories was sold out??? believe it or not the world doesn't revolve around you junior....

JasonT

Horology Curious
4/12/20
Big Ole Texas

Most TD listing are just that..... listing. There are no inventory. You order. They take part of the money and order from the factory. TD are the middle man. Here’s a tip. Next time actually email the TD about what your going to buy to see if that watch is available to purchase before ordering.

We are not taking side. You just didn’t read or research hard enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jk130

Known Member
Certified
29/11/20
Yes I did email and asked if my watch was in stock, of course the answer was yes, till later after they received funds then the real answer came differently.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Yes I did email and asked if my watch was in stock, of course the answer was yes, till later after they received funds then the real answer came differently.

well thats not unheard of , they ask the factory if its instock and if it is , they say yes, however , until the TD actually pays for it , it could get sold to another buyer , they dont reserve watches .

jk130

Known Member
Certified
29/11/20
That is not fair for clients, they should at least keep some inventory for hot sellers. But anyway lesson learned.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
That is not fair for clients, they should at least keep some inventory for hot sellers. But anyway lesson learned.

Well yeah it sux , but thats the way its been as long as i can remember