• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Jacob and Co Reps? Expensive Trash or decent tourbillons?

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
Saw these on IG. The real watch has a 16 cylinder engine in it which of course the rep won’t have but I’m wondering if its a real tourbillon? Maybe this is just a dhgate cheapie?

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
Trust me I will never buy from a non TD! I only follow them to see the new releases and stuff on their story. I believe that is a rep though because the “pistons” seem to be made of plastic in the screenshots. Also some of the colors seem to be fantasy.

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
Thanks to Tim at Watchfinder for giving me info on this watch. Its basically an overpriced dhgate shitter. It doesn’t have a tourbillon. Everything is made of cheap plastic. For $500 lol. I guess us Jacob and Co fans have to keep waiting for quality reps, if they’ll ever arrive at all.

Reactions: Glaude and Ams55557

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Thanks to Tim at Watchfinder for giving me info on this watch. Its basically an overpriced dhgate shitter. It doesn’t have a tourbillon. Everything is made of cheap plastic. For $500 lol. I guess us Jacob and Co fans have to keep waiting for quality reps, if they’ll ever arrive at all.

Lol die you seriously write to watchfinder about stuff you can see in the picture?

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
Lol die you seriously write to watchfinder about stuff you can see in the picture?

I would’ve still bought it if it was a tourbillon. Jacob is my favorite brand. I really just wanted to know the movement and the price. But sigh its just some miyota.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

No issue here, he did a good service to the community at the same time and could have been the happy first RWI customer to review this piece for us. Big thanks to CarmeloAnthony for going fishing for info !

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Those are gen pics if I'm not mistaken

Z6Fe55.jpg

Hope this helps.

Reactions: CarmeloAnthony