• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM127 Fiddy - suggestions on what to do

Reynald

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
21/11/19
Hi all,

I have a PAM127 fiddy which would have to be at least 12+ years old now. The front glass needs to be replaced (misty fog around the inside edges). Tried to have it buffed but apparently the coating inside has had it.

I have also tried to find a replacement for it but my eBay searches and watchparts ordered don't fit. After returns and refunds i'm back to the start on it. Still have a range of straps, and surprisingly, still works pretty well (never been serviced).

What do you think I should do? Throw it? Sell it? Use it as a door stop?

AYznnJt

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Hi all,

I have a PAM127 fiddy which would have to be at least 12+ years old now. The front glass needs to be replaced (misty fog around the inside edges). Tried to have it buffed but apparently the coating inside has had it.

I have also tried to find a replacement for it but my eBay searches and watchparts ordered don't fit. After returns and refunds i'm back to the start on it. Still have a range of straps, and surprisingly, still works pretty well (never been serviced).

What do you think I should do? Throw it? Sell it? Use it as a door stop?

AYznnJt

Id contact Prof

pamdude

Known Member
19/3/15
Your crystal looks good, not much distortion. If you buy a replacement today there might be a chance that will distort the view. I'd try clean the glass if possible instead.

Reynald

Supporter
21/11/19
Your crystal looks good, not much distortion. If you buy a replacement today there might be a chance that will distort the view. I'd try clean the glass if possible instead.

I had a watchmaker try to clean the inside of the crystal. Apparently the inside coating is damaged. It's not something that can be buffed out or cleaned...so I am told.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I've used cape cod cloth to remove anti-reflective coatings before. If you're able to remove the movement then you can do it while the crystal is still attached to the case.

Reynald

Supporter
21/11/19
I've used cape cod cloth to remove anti-reflective coatings before. If you're able to remove the movement then you can do it while the crystal is still attached to the case.

Ah ok, I may try that if I decide to keep it. I am thinking about selling it now. It is quite large for me. I've downsized all my timepieces now.

pamdude

Known Member
19/3/15
As far as I know the movement is front loading, meaning you have to pop the bezel/crystal in order to de-case. I know WSO on eBay has 127 sapphire but again it's a hit or miss.

Reynald

Supporter
21/11/19
If i get time ill do some research and maybe see if I can work out how to remove myself for cleaning. Just depends if I sell it before hand.