• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

direct DHL vs triangle to DE

Nakarita

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/6/19
Hi, any idea why it is recommended to ship rep watches to DE using triangle shipment via UK, and rep Bags should go direct to DE using DHL (source Reddit)? I don't understand why DHL is a no go for watches and ok for bigger shipments like bags or shoes. I would imagine one should be using triangle for bags and shoes as well.

Last edited:

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
You’re probably asking the Q in the wrong place. If the source of information is Reddit, you should seek for answers overthere.

Nakarita

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/6/19
Yes I will. I'm just not very familiar with reddit for now and I thought someone from RWi might know the answer.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I wouldn't listen to anyone posting on Reddit - proof is in the nonsense info you've gleaned over there.

German Customs are tough on counterfeit items, they may Xray packages which would lead to a higher seize rate for watches than handbags, but either way, if it's counterfeit and they open it you've got problems.

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
Would only ever triangular ship to Germany. Which is primarily done via the UK.

Be interesting to see how things pan out with DE Zoll and goods forwarded from the UK from January 2021.

Last edited: