• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lost Packages

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
As I said...the original question was a question on loss, not really a question on seizure. I think we can all agree, seizure is a very different situation. This question is just on lost packages. There are quite a few Gens being sold these days, here and over the road. So lets assume its a gen thats been lost. Does that change peoples thinking here, or is it still buyer risk?

He didn’t mention seizure. Did you have a watch lost in a M2M transaction?

Nivenj

15/6/14
UK
He didn’t mention seizure. Did you have a watch lost in a M2M transaction?

No but almost everyone is basing their answers on risk of sending/receiving a rep watch, which isn't really the question i was asking.

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
Halfsies in case it was indeed "lost" as long as there are no shenanigans from both parties

Buyer eats if it was seized by customs in receiving country.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
You would still be defrauding an insurance company I'm afraid - by not telling them that it is a counterfeit item.

Only if they ask you up front.
You lost an item, you are entitled to insurance if you paid for it.

Reactions: stufuse

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
Who ships reps with insurance? I can’t imagine a claim actually working out.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Generally speaking, I agree 100% that it makes sense for both the seller and the buyer to split the loss.

On the other hand, argument no. 1: don't we all use a standard disclaimer in M2M sales that it is the buyer who takes all the risk and the moment when the package leaves the seller's hands it is on the buyer? If the buyer doesn't like such condition, then does not have to buy.
Argument no. 2: there is a no profiteering rule, that's why M2M watches are cheaper than TD, often by more than 30-40 usd (shipping costs from TDs!). If I recall correctly from economics 101; higher risk=bigger gain; lower risk=higher price. So in other words, you are paying less for a watch, which often is already within the EU (or CONUS), so the custom risk is lower; but on the other hand, if something happens with the parcel, you are screwed. One can always buy from a TD, pay more, but be safe that if anything goes bad, then the TD will figure it out.
And this comes from someone, who stopped buying from TDs and now uses M2M only;)

If I’m not mistaken You’ll find That disclaimer is worthless though used a lot. There was a thread about it some time back.

Alot of the time if the watch is new and C&R you seen them listed for the same as TD price with you pay your shipping on top as you would with TD. if shipping is more local that may be slightly cheaper but a TD will cover the loss if they are China based.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland

This can and oftentimes means stolen within the postal system. You will find this happens to Gens as much as Reps. I never mentioned seizure by the way that is totally different event.

Reactions: stufuse

Nivenj

15/6/14
UK
I never mentioned seizure by the way that is totally different event.

Ok, my mistake then. It was just that you started your comment talking about illegal goods. Illegal or legal in respect of loss is irrelevant i think in the context of the question, hence why I assumed you were referring to seizure, Sorry.

Wolex

7/2/20
by not telling them that it is a counterfeit item

I would disagree with that. You simply state the fact that is is a watch, and I have insured it for X amount. That's all it is. Why would they ask you if its a counterfeit product unless they have reason to suspect. Any reasonable watch even Jap brands would cost $500

Reactions: Nivenj

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Ok, my mistake then. It was just that you started your comment talking about illegal goods. Illegal or legal in respect of loss is irrelevant i think in the context of the question, hence why I assumed you were referring to seizure, Sorry.

Did you have a package lost in a M2M transaction?