• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Small watches/dress watches

igeligel

Looking Around
22/11/19
Hey hey,
First post and silent lurker for some time.
I have super small wrists. The circumference is 5.7 inches (14.5cm) and I am looking for a new watch (or multiple). The problem is really the sizing because I struggle to find smaller watches and comparisons.

Last year I bought a DJF Rolex Datejust 36mm. I am super happy with it and it fits quite alright I would say, but it's probably the largest I can wear. See Imgur album here: https://imgur.com/a/ePY8fgZ

So I researched a lot and saw these watches that might look interesting:
  • Vacheron Constantin 1003 Skeleton, on PF Clones you can find it (35mm diameter; 6mm thickness; not sure if this actually ever existed and its most likely fantasy but looks amazing; Is out of stock)
  • Patek Philippe Calatrava 5107 (37mm diameter; 10mm thickness; also out of stock)
  • Patek Philippe 10016 Perpetual Calendar (37mm diameter; 8mm thickness; also out of stock)
All out of stock because I guess the demand is simply too low which is understandable. I also checked other TD's that are listed here and found quite some interesting models:
  • Patek Philippe Calatrava 5196G ([FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]37mm diameter; 8mm thickness) - This seems super interesting, even though unknown[/FONT]
  • Calatrava 5296R/5296G (38mm diameter; 9mm thickness)
  • JLC Master Ultra Thin Moonphase (39mm diameter; 10mm thickness) - This is my dream watch
  • JLC Master Grande Ultra Thin 1548420 (39mm diameter; 9mm thickness)
Question is, what are the lug-to-lug sizes and how do they compare to the Datejust 36 (lug-to-lug there is 44mm). So if anyone has these models or knows some details, I would be happy to get some information :)

pamdude

Known Member
19/3/15
Santos Dumont from Cartier is a beautiful dress watch. Seems nobody is talking about them except for one thread in the Cartier section. These are good enough reps out there but both rep and gen are quartz assuming you don't mind. 2nd hand gen usually runs for 3k on chrono24 and the rep is like 200. It's small and elegant for men. The 2 tone version with red gold bezel is even better.

Twill

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/11/20
34mm is by no means small. Vintage 1930-40's are small watches

Twill

5/11/20
They were designed for soldiers and practically small so it doesn't get into the way of something

Twill

5/11/20
But there are no reps of it as far as i know right?

I don't think they'll make those ever as they sell around 500-2500 gen, and except the ww2 veterans there aren't much of a market for them. Very small watches but a nice piece of history