• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Yet another *Closest to Gen Poll* PAM 438 VSF V2 or Rolex Submariner 116610LN ZZF v2

Yet another *Closest to Gen Poll* PAM 438 VSF V2 or Rolex Submariner 116610LN ZZF v2

• PAM 438 VSF - V2

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Rolex Submariner 116610LN ZZF v2

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Another Purse

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters

dirx103

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/10/20
I am referencing the Consensual List by Omagad at https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...er-reps-nwbigs

I will be perfectly honest, I want to buy a watch that can withstand scrutiny and fool at least an average skilled AD. I want him to take at least 10 minutes to tell that its a rep.

Why you ask? I just want attention/status symbol at the club and want to mess (edit: *troll, NOT trying to pass it off as gen to sell it) with watch snobs with more money than sense. Seriously. I currently make $120K+ but dont have the heart to purchase a gen, part of that is because I get sent to some remote/spartan areas and dont want to mess it up. I dont think its even allowed in our dress code/"uniform"

Which of the two should I buy? Or maybe their updated versions? I recently bought a Rolex Bluesy ARF A2824 V3 but didnt do enough research about being the most gen-like/NWBIG so, 2nd time is a charm.

Thank you all.

Last edited:

dirx103

Banned
14/10/20
Want attention? Shove one up your ass next time your up in the club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least I'm honest with my intentions, are we supposed to believe you're not here for getting a Rolex as close to Gen as possible?

This attitude is almost as worse as the Gen snobs I mentioned earlier. Pretending they wouldn't jump on a rep that's really close to Gen if it's possible.

this forum is filled with hypocrites

dirx103

Banned
14/10/20

Is it an unwritten rule that we all want a close to Gen (if not an actual Gen if the price is attainable or close to a rep) but then flame people who asks for one? Then why? If the earlier is not the case, explain to me why we use the Gen as a benchmark to see how good a rep is? Is this really how toxic this niche is? It's even more toxic than the Gen owners (at least they actually coughed up the cash)

ok. Educate me on this, really curious to see the mental gymnastics you're gonna put yourself through.

Reactions: drginge

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
At least I'm honest with my intentions, are we supposed to believe you're not here for getting a Rolex as close to Gen as possible?

This attitude is almost as worse as the Gen snobs I mentioned earlier. Pretending they wouldn't jump on a rep that's really close to Gen if it's possible.

this forum is filled with hypocrites

We are here to collect reps, factory spec’d or modded! As for the best, that’s up to you to decide, opinions from multiple characters will not result well. These watches are great and only getting better, with the poor lighting conditions in most clubs you’ll be a rockstar!

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
ok. Educate me on this, really curious to see the mental gymnastics you're gonna put yourself through.
I don't really feel like exerting myself on the subject. You're on a decent salary - why don't you just buy both and let us know which keeps an AD fooled longer?*

*Although that's not encouragement or incitement to wear your rep into an AD. Which obviously you should not do.

dirx103

Banned
14/10/20
I don't really feel like exerting myself on the subject. You're on a decent salary - why don't you just buy both and let us know which keeps an AD fooled longer?*

*Although that's not encouragement or incitement to wear your rep into an AD. Which obviously you should not do.

The AD comment is just me commenting about the level of quality I'm looking for.

and I'll probably end up buying both, although I don't know why I need 3 reps, fuck then might as well buy a Gen

dirx103

Banned
14/10/20
We are here to collect reps, factory spec’d or modded! As for the best, that’s up to you to decide, opinions from multiple characters will not result well. These watches are great and only getting better, with the poor lighting conditions in most clubs you’ll be a rockstar!

oh stop with the bullshit, I don't know why people here are being hypocrites. So if we're being honest with ourselves then why aren't you buying dhgate level ones?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
and I'll probably end up buying both, although I don't know why I need 3 reps, fuck then might as well buy a Gen

Well, 3 reps will still leave you well shy of the cost of a gen. Buying them, trying them out and then selling them M2M if they don't meet your personal grade is really the best way to get experience of rep models. Of course, the selling them part gets harder if you don't make the effort to become part of the community.

dirx103

Banned
14/10/20
Well, 3 reps will still leave you well shy of the cost of a gen. Buying them, trying them out and then selling them M2M if they don't meet your personal grade is really the best way to get experience of rep models. Of course, the selling them part gets harder if you don't make the effort to become part of the community.

I just dont see the need to drop that money for a gen tbh, but I'd rather have a Gen than 3 reps OR one good rep thats almost a gen. As far as the community, is the rest of the community like the people ITT? Then Idk if I wanna be a part of that tbh it seems more toxic than the gen owners. At least theyre being honest with themselves.

I dont think you have an answer to my questions though, and this needless gatekeeping of gen like reps is kind of cringey too

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I dont think you have an answer to my questions though, and this needless gatekeeping of gen like reps is kind of cringey too

I have no idea what "needless gatekeeping of gen like reps" means, but it sounds like you should just buy a gen and hang out with those guys.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
dirx103 dude, you are getting these reactions cause you are a noob, coming in and asking the most asked and most irritating noob question. Older members dont take kindly to this. You are supposed to do you own research around here. People dont like spoon feeding noobs. Its just honest advise. Read a bit about the watches you like and then form your own opinions. If you still have questions, I’m sure people will help out as long you done the effort.

dirx103

Banned
14/10/20
dirx103 dude, you are getting these reactions cause you are a noob, coming in and asking the most asked and most irritating noob question. Older members dont take kindly to this. You are supposed to do you own research around here. People dont like spoon feeding noobs. Its just honest advise. Read a bit about the watches you like and then form your own opinions. If you still have questions, I’m sure people will help out as long you done the effort.

I did do my research, I read extensively about both watches but information is limited on both (reviews and such) matter of fact in that 135 page thread I have not found the info I need. Aka did anyone have an AD scrutinize those particular watches? I don't think so. So I thought I'd ask.

At which point does it turn from "helping" to "spoon feeding"? I can always tell you I don't like spoon feeding you if I don't like the question.

we are how many posts in and nobody told me the info I asked. Maybe it's ok to admit that maybe the "older members" don't know?

edit: Is the community flaming me for asking for their opinion? Just wondering

Last edited:

dirx103

Banned
14/10/20
I have no idea what "needless gatekeeping of gen like reps" means, but it sounds like you should just buy a gen and hang out with those guys.

it's funny, you don't want to exert the effort to answer the question I posted towards you, but you're exerting all this effort avoiding it.

And maybe I should, at least I would be honest with myself and not having to do mental gymnastics to justify what I do and purchase as legit. AND not have to pose and trying to flame strangers on the internet asking for your opinion with one hand and typing "iTs ClOsE tO gEn, iTs a FrAnKeNsUb" with the other and pretending that you don't want a real one if you can afford it.

I think this is why Gen owners hate you all. You can't even afford the Gen one and still has a worse attitude. Maybe if your attitude improves your station in life will improve too and you can afford one? It's called hard work, bud ???? good luck

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I wouldnt be able to tell you about the Pam, but on the ZZF sub theres PLENTY of info. Enough comments and comparisons to make up your own mind. How do I know, cause Im following those threads. In my own head, I have formed an oppinion of the ZZF sub, and I did it all without asking anyone elses opinion. There is just that much info on it. Wanting to know if an “AD has scrutinized” a rep is such a teenage question, and also very frowned upon around here. This community is not really about fooling other poeple. Taking your fake watch to an AD even as a lame joke will get you banned from this community. If you are interested in this community stick around and read a bit. Plenty of information you wont get from the gen groups. Most people on here are also gen owners btw, so dont think you are better than them. No pull up your big boy pants and go reading a bit more. Then come back here and tell us your opinion on which one of these would likely fool an AD, and why. “Skiet hom in die hol, my ma soek die vel!”

dirx103

Banned
14/10/20
I wouldnt be able to tell you about the Pam, but on the ZZF sub theres PLENTY of info. Enough comments and comparisons to make up your own mind. How do I know, cause Im following those threads. In my own head, I have formed an oppinion of the ZZF sub, and I did it all without asking anyone elses opinion. There is just that much info on it. Wanting to know if an “AD has scrutinized” a rep is such a teenage question, and also very frowned upon around here. This community is not really about fooling other poeple. Taking your fake watch to an AD even as a lame joke will get you banned from this community. If you are interested in this community stick around and read a bit. Plenty of information you wont get from the gen groups. Most people on here are also gen owners btw, so dont think you are better than them. No pull up your big boy pants and go reading a bit more. Then come back here and tell us your opinion on which one of these would likely fool an AD, and why. “Skiet hom in die hol, my ma soek die vel!”

Totally missed the point of my posts, I am not saying to get it scrutinized. The AD comment is to express the quality of the Rep I am looking for.

And I have not seen any information and comparison between the two and their Gen counterparts. But go off.

dirx103

Banned
14/10/20
This fucking forum is hilarious, you cant ask anyone any questions nor opinions. Its pretty amusing how highly these "older members" see themselves.

And all this, theyre talking about a fake watch. Like who gives a shit, theyre treating it like its some sort of forbidden knowledge. Just a new member asking for an opinion and specifics on two watches *shrugs*

Last edited: