Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another *Closest to Gen Poll* PAM 438 VSF V2 or Rolex Submariner 116610LN ZZF v2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Originally posted by dirx103 View Post
    In terms of how close each one is to a gen. If I was to put a gun in your head to choose one watch that is the closest to their gen counterparts that it will fool even an AD, which one would you choose?
    Even with a gun to my head, you couldn’t get me to choose one watch. You’re gonna have to pry the other 80-plus watches from my cold, dead hands and leave a one-watch-wearing corpse.

    Bury me in my Franken 16613LN.

    It’s NWBIG.
    My FrankenSub Collection
    My Sub Collection
    My 1675 Adventure

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by p0pperini View Post

      Even with a gun to my head, you couldn’t get me to choose one watch. You’re gonna have to pry the other 80-plus watches from my cold, dead hands and leave a one-watch-wearing corpse.

      Bury me in my Franken 16613LN.

      It’s NWBIG.

      Is it because of principle that I have a gun in your head an will probably kill you anyways? And thank you.

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by dirx103 View Post
        Is it because of principle that I have a gun in your head an will probably kill you anyways? And thank you.
        There would be no need to force me at gunpoint. I'd choose the Sub - I already own it. I also had a ceramic cased PAM for about 5 minutes before I sold it on. But this has nothing to do with making a judgement on which one would fool an AD. It's entirely based on personal taste. I wanted to see if the ceramic case PAM was my cup of tea, so I bought one to try it and found that it wasn't. I also wanted to see if the ZZF Sub was better than my v9 Noob Sub, so I bought it to see. And although I can't see much difference without going to macro photography level, hell I'll keep it anyway, because I like collecting Subs.

        But none of this fulfils your requirement of a scientifically analytical approach to deciding on which individual watch to buy, based on some sort of empirical judgement of which one is closer to the gen - as I own neither a gen Rolex or a gen PAM and am unable to carry out that comparison. In my view, others have already done that perfectly well; I read their opinions and it helped me determine that I'd be equally happy with either, if the watch was to my personal taste. And owning the reps, I'm also able to visually compare them with endless pictures of the real thing and decide for myself.
        My FrankenSub Collection
        My Sub Collection
        My 1675 Adventure

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by dirx103 View Post


          In terms of how close each one is to a gen. If I was to put a gun in your head to choose one watch that is the closest to their gen counterparts that it will fool even an AD, which one would you choose?

          What is your fascination with guns to people's heads and AD's being fooled? If you don't plan on going into an AD with the watch, why do you need to know the answer to the question? You do realize that there isn't a right answer here correct? You are asking for opinions. More than likely, most people do not own both watches. Even more unlikely, they haven't compared them to their gen counterparts, which makes answering your question impossible. I think what everyone is trying to say is that there is plenty of information out there to determine the answer for yourself.

          Anyone want to get an over/under going on how long it is before the OP goes off the deep end and winds up in the Brig?

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by Rickjames111 View Post


            What is your fascination with guns to people's heads and AD's being fooled? If you don't plan on going into an AD with the watch, why do you need to know the answer to the question? You do realize that there isn't a right answer here correct? You are asking for opinions. More than likely, most people do not own both watches. Even more unlikely, they haven't compared them to their gen counterparts, which makes answering your question impossible. I think what everyone is trying to say is that there is plenty of information out there to determine the answer for yourself.

            Anyone want to get an over/under going on how long it is before the OP goes off the deep end and winds up in the Brig?
            Because thats my purse and I dont know you!

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by dirx103 View Post

              Because thats my purse and I dont know you!
              I don't even know what that means. What are your other user names? Your profile says you have multiple accounts.

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by dirx103 View Post

                Have to take into account where I live (most of the time when Im not working) and where I live when Im working and what the cost of living there is (virtually $.25 a day) and considering its all tax free, and also other passive income and assets and how I have 0 debt because I dont fuck around buying a gen or reps until I get the subjective perfect one. Oh and I own a home and my vehicles are paid off.

                Then consider my age group that easily puts me in the 1% in the global payscale. Cant believe some dude at a forum about fake watches telling me my salary is nothing special, that is entertaining. Like seriously I dont know if I should laugh because its just a fake watch and people are THIS uptight about it. REALLY tempted to send a screenshot of my bank account, but that will be trying too hard.

                Now how do I delete this cringey thread...
                Look at me everyone...Look! Look! How dare you senior members try to talk down to me! I own a home!!!

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by Rickjames111 View Post

                  Look at me everyone...Look! Look! How dare you senior members try to talk down to me! I own a home!!!
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

                  He really thinks being a senior member of a fake watch forum is something.

                  Excuse me, massa! Im gonna leave the forum now, massa!

                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by dirx103 View Post

                    Because thats my purse and I dont know you!
                    Hey man, you have more than one account too!
                    Tucker seems to be fallen into a pit of ignorance - Cavemax

                    But in this underworld of rep watches,it is clear that the normal thing is to play with the luck of the Seller's roulette - j.m.mozos

                    I wanted this omega so bad :/
                    I opened the box and got a star wars shampoo...cookienc10

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by dirx103 View Post

                      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

                      He really thinks being a senior member of a fake watch forum is something.

                      Excuse me, massa! Im gonna leave the forum now, massa!

                      HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG
                      I would hardly call myself a senior member. There are plenty of people here who have been here much longer and have way more knowledge of watches and reps than I do. Fortunately for me, I know not to ask stupid questions, at least most of the time.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Originally posted by Tucker View Post

                        Hey man, you have more than one account too!
                        Socks come in pairs.

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Didn't read the whole thread obviously. So is the Pam better or the Rolex? Which one to wear to attract dudes for sexual favors in the club? I'm just assuming the OP is into dudes, correct me if I'm wrong.

                          OP, do you switch watches when continuing the sexual action in your paid off house? How is sex in a paid off house anyway, I bet one feels more powerful.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by Rickjames111 View Post

                            I would hardly call myself a senior member. There are plenty of people here who have been here much longer and have way more knowledge of watches and reps than I do. Fortunately for me, I know not to ask stupid questions, at least most of the time.
                            Thanks for sharing (?) I was making a point that being a "senior member" of a fake watch forum means jack shit and does not warrant such self importance to justify a circle jerk

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by dirx103 View Post

                              Thanks for sharing (?) I was making a point that being a "senior member" of a fake watch forum means jack shit and does not warrant such self importance to justify a circle jerk
                              How many accounts are you going to start before you manage not to be a total cockwomble?

                              ************************************************** ********
                              People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
                              ************************************************** *************
                              hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                              ************************************************** ********
                              When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge




                              Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens


                              Comment


                                #75
                                Well, reading this has been a wild ride.

                                Just commenting to hopefully be in some Screenshot later.

                                For my 2 cents: you have to be extremely cautious to buy a Panerai since they are almost impossible to tell apart from good reps. This is common knowledge, and why I'd never try to purchase a well known Panerai unless it's precious metal or a model which wasn't repped well (e.g 512 / 620).

                                It feels like Rolex kept innovating to throw off reps like LEC and rehaut ingraving where as Panerai kept putting their same toaster movements into different watches.

                                So when it comes down to fooling ADs, don't try it. I took my Gen 512 to a watchmaker and it took him all of 5 seconds (looking at the movement with his macro lens) to confirm its authentic.

                                I think I got lost somewhere, but go on you guys! Best thread in a while here.



                                Sent from my SM-G9810 using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X