• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Yet another *Closest to Gen Poll* PAM 438 VSF V2 or Rolex Submariner 116610LN ZZF v2

Yet another *Closest to Gen Poll* PAM 438 VSF V2 or Rolex Submariner 116610LN ZZF v2

• PAM 438 VSF - V2

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Rolex Submariner 116610LN ZZF v2

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Another Purse

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Dude for fuck sakes. For the last time. You can ask 100 people here which is the best sub and you’ll get a 100 different answers. EVERYONE has their one opinion. All the reps have some flaws. They are different and it depends which flaws you are happy with. This is about you deciding between the three most talked about subs right now from ZZF, VSF and ZF. The answer is SUBJECTIVE. There is NO right answer. If you have spent some time around here reading you have realised thr by know. Go read about those three subs and YOU decide which one YOU prefer and YOU think is most closest to gen. No stop bad mouthing people around here and grow the fuck up. Im really starting to doubt the salary bracket you are bragging about because of you needy behaviour.

dirx103

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/10/20
The answer is SUBJECTIVE. There is NO right answer.

I don't get it. Rolex have standards that they meet, and I'm asking which of the two is closest. I also fail to see why asking for one's opinion on a poll is wrong.

dirx103

Banned
14/10/20
Thank you for your time though, I have decided to buy a gen instead.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I don't get it. Rolex have standards that they meet, and I'm asking which of the two is closest. I also fail to see why asking for one's opinion on a poll is wrong.

To me ZZF is the closest, to Popperini perhaps the VSF is closest. To Foozoo ZF is the closest. Once again. It is subjective. You will know why the different opinions if you read the different threads. Congrats on your gen 116040LN. I hope you can still find one new at dealer retail and not pay the inflated used retails prices now that it has been discontinued.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Thank you for your time though, I have decided to buy a gen instead.
Hallelujah - lord be praised, they’ve seen the light.

And in answer to your question - which do you prefer, PAM or Rolex? Buy that one.

Reactions: Tione12

dirx103

Banned
14/10/20
To me ZZF is the closest, to Popperini perhaps the VSF is closest. To Foozoo ZF is the closest.

Again, how does this happen? If we are going by a checklist (for example)

ZZF
-Bezel is 1:1 to gen (side by side)
-Crown is 1:1 to gen (side by side)

VSF
-Bracelet is 1:1 to gen (side by side)

ARF
-Everything is 1:1 to gen until you open it

Then clearly ARF is the winner.

That said say we dont have one for that model, but maybe the PAM has. Then one will be better off getting the PAM.

Edit: The only reason I am considering 116040LN is because its identified in omagad's thread as NWBIG

Last edited:

dirx103

Banned
14/10/20
Hallelujah - lord be praised, they’ve seen the light.

And in answer to your question - which do you prefer, PAM or Rolex? Buy that one.

I'd get the bluesy in gen probably. But I'll check out what they have in store.

dirx103

Banned
14/10/20
We know.

Your salary is nothing special either btw.

Have to take into account where I live (most of the time when Im not working) and where I live when Im working and what the cost of living there is (virtually $.25 a day) and considering its all tax free, and also other passive income and assets and how I have 0 debt because I dont fuck around buying a gen or reps until I get the subjective perfect one. Oh and I own a home and my vehicles are paid off.

Then consider my age group that easily puts me in the 1% in the global payscale. Cant believe some dude at a forum about fake watches telling me my salary is nothing special, that is entertaining. Like seriously I dont know if I should laugh because its just a fake watch and people are THIS uptight about it. REALLY tempted to send a screenshot of my bank account, but that will be trying too hard.

Now how do I delete this cringey thread...

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Have to take into account where I live (most of the time when Im not working) and where I live when Im working and what the cost of living there is (virtually $.25 a day) and considering its all tax free, and also other passive income and assets and how I have 0 debt because I dont fuck around buying a gen or reps until I get the subjective perfect one. Oh and I own a home and my vehicles are paid off.

Then consider my age group that easily puts me in the 1% in the global payscale. Cant believe some dude at a forum about fake watches telling me my salary is nothing special, that is entertaining. Like seriously I dont know if I should laugh because its just a fake watch and people are THIS uptight about it. REALLY tempted to send a screenshot of my bank account, but that will be trying too hard.

Now how do I delete this cringey thread...

Ok Mr 1%er.

Run along now.

dirx103

Banned
14/10/20
But you've succeeded in putting all us poor fake watch owners in our place by impressing us with details about your income and lifestyle - why would you want to delete this awesome win?

As entertaining as watching you all try to justify fake watches from a self erected pedestal, it's just not worth all this. Look at yourself. A fake watch is still a fake watch at the end of the day.

let me play the game and sip the koolaid for a bit, so if you know someone IRL who is an amateur in a "hobby" of yours... let me stop, you're behind a keyboard so nvm, funny tho

dirx103

Banned
14/10/20
It's like a prostitution who refuses to kiss someone in the mouth because that's all that's left of her. I'm actually dead from reading this thread.

I'm just a dude with a poll and some oddballs are trying to put some sort of standard to the "hobby" of fake watches. This can't be real lol

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I'm just a dude with a poll and some oddballs are trying to put some sort of standard to the "hobby" of fake watches. This can't be real lol

I will be perfectly honest, I want to buy a watch that can withstand scrutiny and fool at least an average skilled AD. I want him to take at least 10 minutes to tell that its a rep.

Why you ask? I just want attention/status symbol at the club ... and want to mess with watch snobs with more money than sense.

Which of the two should I buy? Or maybe their updated versions? I recently bought a Rolex Bluesy ARF A2824 V3 but didnt do enough research about being the most gen-like/NWBIG so, 2nd time is a charm.

I did do my research, I read extensively about both watches but information is limited on both (reviews and such) matter of fact in that 135 page thread I have not found the info I need. Aka did anyone have an AD scrutinize those particular watches? I don't think so. So I thought I'd ask.

All you've been getting is standard responses to noob members who just want to know which watch will fool their mates into thinking their watch is gen.

Your main gripe appears to be that no one will tell you which of the two watches will fool an AD, and your main criteria for "Will it fool an AD" is "Has anyone taken them to an AD to see if they're fooled by it?" So, to answer that point specifically:

1. A lot of AD employees are just shop assistants with little real in-depth knowledge about the products they sell. So fooling one wouldn't be the measure of anything.
2. But it's very much the accepted rule of rep ownership that you DO NOT stroll into your local AD wearing one and try to fool them into believing it's a gen.

Obviously point 2 feeds your "oddballs are trying to put some sort of standard to the "hobby" of fake watches" line. But hey, everyone's gotta have standards - even sad losers who can only afford to buy fake watches.

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
I’m no expert, have not been an actual member for a very long time considering a lot of others. I lurked a bit prior to joining. I’ve spent hours and hours reading.

But I’ve learnt a lot. And not only about rep watches, I’ve learnt about gen too.

I’ve also learnt that there seems to be an influx of people posting questions that clearly show they’ve done stuff all research. And/or are wankers.

People who state their lifestyle, salary, assets etc on a forum or state in a real conversation the same bullshit I believe are wankers. This is my opinion and I’m entitled to it. I (amongst many others) don’t give a shit about that. Do you want to know what I have? Well I’m not going to open my trap here or in conversation with randoms.

Just like I reckon certain reps are better than others.

My advice - buy the gen and dong come back.

Reactions: p0pperini

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
*don’t not dong! I’m not in Vietnam... Been there though. Both in uniform and in civvies. Want to talk about that sorta stuff too? Nah. Let’s not.

dirx103

Banned
14/10/20
All you've been getting is standard responses to noob members who just want to know which watch will fool their mates into thinking their watch is gen.

Your main gripe appears to be that no one will tell you which of the two watches will fool an AD, and your main criteria for "Will it fool an AD" is "Has anyone taken them to an AD to see if they're fooled by it?" So, to answer that point specifically:

1. A lot of AD employees are just shop assistants with little real in-depth knowledge about the products they sell. So fooling one wouldn't be the measure of anything.
2. But it's very much the accepted rule of rep ownership that you DO NOT stroll into your local AD wearing one and try to fool them into believing it's a gen.

Obviously point 2 feeds your "oddballs are trying to put some sort of standard to the "hobby" of fake watches" line. But hey, everyone's gotta have standards - even sad losers who can only afford to buy fake watches.

1. What part of "the AD comment is to express the level of quality" are you not getting? I did not mention I want to go to an AD and pass it off as Gen.

2. My main gripe is the members here seem to be super uptight regarding fake watches, I just asked a poll and got flamed. And at least I'm being honest with myself that if I'm getting a rep that I want one closest to a Gen as possible. I'm not going to pretend otherwise unlike the population ITT.

edit: your bullet points are in conflict of each other btw

And we are all gonna sit here and pretend we don't want one that will fool our friends that it's Gen. I am loving this. I'm just saying, I'm the only one that is willing to admit this.

Last edited:

dirx103

Banned
14/10/20
*don’t not dong! I’m not in Vietnam... Been there though. Both in uniform and in civvies. Want to talk about that sorta stuff too? Nah. Let’s not.

To the credit of the Australian Army they seem to be the only ones who knew how to fight in Vietnam (at the time it's not doctrinally in the US Army). I've never been even in my new "work", not that old.

You're entitled to you opinion, and so am I. That these uptight fucks are way over their heads. Like really? It's just a fake watch, who cares. Why gatekeep and act all high and mighty just because you've been in a forum longer. And no, there is nothing wrong with being proud of where you are in life and being loud about it. I've earned everything I have despite of where I came from. Bragging rights is earned.

And yes I'm getting a Gen. I'll be back here with another account telling you retards it's a ZZF and watch these pretentious douchenozzles scramble to criticize it for not being close to Gen because "iTs SuBjEcTiVe"