Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another *Closest to Gen Poll* PAM 438 VSF V2 or Rolex Submariner 116610LN ZZF v2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another *Closest to Gen Poll* PAM 438 VSF V2 or Rolex Submariner 116610LN ZZF v2

I am referencing the Consensual List by Omagad at https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...er-reps-nwbigs

I will be perfectly honest, I want to buy a watch that can withstand scrutiny and fool at least an average skilled AD. I want him to take at least 10 minutes to tell that its a rep.

Why you ask? I just want attention/status symbol at the club and want to mess (edit: *troll, NOT trying to pass it off as gen to sell it) with watch snobs with more money than sense. Seriously. I currently make $120K+ but dont have the heart to purchase a gen, part of that is because I get sent to some remote/spartan areas and dont want to mess it up. I dont think its even allowed in our dress code/"uniform"

Which of the two should I buy? Or maybe their updated versions? I recently bought a Rolex Bluesy ARF A2824 V3 but didnt do enough research about being the most gen-like/NWBIG so, 2nd time is a charm.

Thank you all.
    PAM 438 VSF - V2
    15.79%
    Rolex Submariner 116610LN ZZF v2
    31.58%
    Another Purse
    52.63%
    Last edited by dirx103; 24-10-20, 06:47.

My FrankenSub Collection
    My Sub Collection
    My 1675 Adventure

Comment

Want attention? Shove one up your ass next time your up in the club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Divers,Chronos and Coffee

Comment

Originally posted by macarone View Post
        Want attention? Shove one up your ass next time your up in the club!

At least I'm honest with my intentions, are we supposed to believe you're not here for getting a Rolex as close to Gen as possible?

This attitude is almost as worse as the Gen snobs I mentioned earlier. Pretending they wouldn't jump on a rep that's really close to Gen if it's possible.

this forum is filled with hypocrites

Comment

Originally posted by p0pperini View Post

Is it an unwritten rule that we all want a close to Gen (if not an actual Gen if the price is attainable or close to a rep) but then flame people who asks for one? Then why? If the earlier is not the case, explain to me why we use the Gen as a benchmark to see how good a rep is? Is this really how toxic this niche is? It's even more toxic than the Gen owners (at least they actually coughed up the cash)

ok. Educate me on this, really curious to see the mental gymnastics you're gonna put yourself through.

Comment

Originally posted by dirx103 View Post

At least I'm honest with my intentions, are we supposed to believe you're not here for getting a Rolex as close to Gen as possible?

This attitude is almost as worse as the Gen snobs I mentioned earlier. Pretending they wouldn't jump on a rep that's really close to Gen if it's possible.

this forum is filled with hypocrites
            We are here to collect reps, factory spec’d or modded! As for the best, that’s up to you to decide, opinions from multiple characters will not result well. These watches are great and only getting better, with the poor lighting conditions in most clubs you’ll be a rockstar!

Divers,Chronos and Coffee

Comment

ok. Educate me on this, really curious to see the mental gymnastics you're gonna put yourself through.
              I don't really feel like exerting myself on the subject. You're on a decent salary - why don't you just buy both and let us know which keeps an AD fooled longer?*

*Although that's not encouragement or incitement to wear your rep into an AD. Which obviously you should not do.

My FrankenSub Collection
              My Sub Collection
              My 1675 Adventure

Comment

I don't really feel like exerting myself on the subject. You're on a decent salary - why don't you just buy both and let us know which keeps an AD fooled longer?*

*Although that's not encouragement or incitement to wear your rep into an AD. Which obviously you should not do.
                The AD comment is just me commenting about the level of quality I'm looking for.

and I'll probably end up buying both, although I don't know why I need 3 reps, fuck then might as well buy a Gen

Comment

Originally posted by macarone View Post

We are here to collect reps, factory spec’d or modded! As for the best, that’s up to you to decide, opinions from multiple characters will not result well. These watches are great and only getting better, with the poor lighting conditions in most clubs you’ll be a rockstar!

oh stop with the bullshit, I don't know why people here are being hypocrites. So if we're being honest with ourselves then why aren't you buying dhgate level ones?

Comment

and I'll probably end up buying both, although I don't know why I need 3 reps, fuck then might as well buy a Gen

Well, 3 reps will still leave you well shy of the cost of a gen. Buying them, trying them out and then selling them M2M if they don't meet your personal grade is really the best way to get experience of rep models. Of course, the selling them part gets harder if you don't make the effort to become part of the community.
                    My FrankenSub Collection
                    My Sub Collection
                    My 1675 Adventure

Comment

Well, 3 reps will still leave you well shy of the cost of a gen. Buying them, trying them out and then selling them M2M if they don't meet your personal grade is really the best way to get experience of rep models. Of course, the selling them part gets harder if you don't make the effort to become part of the community.

I just dont see the need to drop that money for a gen tbh, but I'd rather have a Gen than 3 reps OR one good rep thats almost a gen. As far as the community, is the rest of the community like the people ITT? Then Idk if I wanna be a part of that tbh it seems more toxic than the gen owners. At least theyre being honest with themselves.

I dont think you have an answer to my questions though, and this needless gatekeeping of gen like reps is kind of cringey too

Comment

I dont think you have an answer to my questions though, and this needless gatekeeping of gen like reps is kind of cringey too
                        I have no idea what "needless gatekeeping of gen like reps" means, but it sounds like you should just buy a gen and hang out with those guys.
                        My FrankenSub Collection
                        My Sub Collection
                        My 1675 Adventure

Comment

dirx103 dude, you are getting these reactions cause you are a noob, coming in and asking the most asked and most irritating noob question. Older members dont take kindly to this. You are supposed to do you own research around here. People dont like spoon feeding noobs. Its just honest advise. Read a bit about the watches you like and then form your own opinions. If you still have questions, I’m sure people will help out as long you done the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by jpchub View Post
                            dirx103 dude, you are getting these reactions cause you are a noob, coming in and asking the most asked and most irritating noob question. Older members dont take kindly to this. You are supposed to do you own research around here. People dont like spoon feeding noobs. Its just honest advise. Read a bit about the watches you like and then form your own opinions. If you still have questions, I’m sure people will help out as long you done the effort.
                            I did do my research, I read extensively about both watches but information is limited on both (reviews and such) matter of fact in that 135 page thread I have not found the info I need. Aka did anyone have an AD scrutinize those particular watches? I don't think so. So I thought I'd ask.

At which point does it turn from "helping" to "spoon feeding"? I can always tell you I don't like spoon feeding you if I don't like the question.

we are how many posts in and nobody told me the info I asked. Maybe it's ok to admit that maybe the "older members" don't know?

edit: Is the community flaming me for asking for their opinion? Just wondering
                            Last edited by dirx103; 24-10-20, 20:56.

Comment

I have no idea what "needless gatekeeping of gen like reps" means, but it sounds like you should just buy a gen and hang out with those guys.
                              it's funny, you don't want to exert the effort to answer the question I posted towards you, but you're exerting all this effort avoiding it.

And maybe I should, at least I would be honest with myself and not having to do mental gymnastics to justify what I do and purchase as legit. AND not have to pose and trying to flame strangers on the internet asking for your opinion with one hand and typing "iTs ClOsE tO gEn, iTs a FrAnKeNsUb" with the other and pretending that you don't want a real one if you can afford it.

I think this is why Gen owners hate you all. You can't even afford the Gen one and still has a worse attitude. Maybe if your attitude improves your station in life will improve too and you can afford one? It's called hard work, bud ???? good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X