• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Customs retrieved 2 packages from dhl... what can happen?

Bdoggg123

Horology Curious
13/10/20
I ordered 2 watches from intime (never had any issues with Ryan) and I just checked the tracking this morning and I see contact DHL, so I did. I was informed that customs retrieved the 2 packages and I will either get a letter in 30 days or they will release the packages. Mind you, I ordered both watches with box and papers.
my main concern is, is there a chance I will get in legal trouble? I’m not worried about the money or packages being seized because I know Ryan is a trusted dealer and will refund me or re send if seized, but will the authorities get involved for these 2 watches. I’m kind of freaking out because I’m reading that I can get fined big money and get into trouble from ordering these replicas. Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Last edited:

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Where u from? Eu? Check ur rights and law in your country, deny every letter, phone calls and so on. This is very scary yes, some have very strict customs and illegal to buy reps.

Reactions: Bdoggg123

Bdoggg123

Horology Curious
13/10/20
Where u from? Eu? Check ur rights and law in your country, deny every letter, phone calls and so on. This is very scary yes, some have very strict customs and illegal to buy reps.

United States. I’m about to just move and change numbers lol.

Bdoggg123

Horology Curious
13/10/20
And maybe contact Ryan he will instruct you what to do.

I sent him an email. I have another package on the way and I’m trying to re route it to another address or hold it so this doesn’t happen when that one arrives. It’s still in Dubai.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I think ordering the boxes with papers was a bad idea particularly with DHL and may have tipped Customs off. They should have been ordered separately from the watches if you needed them. Best of luck in your rerouting efforts.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Buying rep knowingly is perfectly legal in the US.

It's not legal, it's tolerated, big difference.

As far as we know, importing counterfeit item by postal services is not legal at all. Carrying a counterfeit item while coming into the US is legal under certain conditions.

With that said, OP, I don't think you'll be in much trouble, you just ignore any and all communication with customs, show the letter to Intime and try a different address for the re-sending of items just to be sure, do not hesitate to pay extra for two delayed shipping in order to say a little bit more under the radar, and try to avoid DHL