Phone Application to Identify Rolex Replicas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone Application to Identify Rolex Replicas

An entry in the Facebook Group "Vintage Watches Buy / Sell / Trade is as follows: ( a copy and paste)
    "Hey guys,
    we are working on an algorithm that will expose counterfeit watches, just by using the camera on the phone. It's an Artificial Intelligence using Computer Vision and Machine Learning. I am looking for a watch expert, that is willing to help us train the algorithm. We have to train the Intelligence on what watch is authentic and what is forged. We are going to focus on the brand Rolex for now.
    Is there someone here, that has the experience to tell from a picture, if a watch is authentic or not? I know it is very difficult, that why we are working on this intelligence to make it easier for people.
    I would be happy for any kind of help.
    Thanks,
    Franklyn"

There A few interesting comments and not many believers.

What one person receives without working, another person must work without receiving.

Total pipe dream.
    My FrankenSub Collection
    My Sub Collection
    My 1675 Adventure

Comment

[x] Doubt

Comment

Ha what a load of tosh

Sent from my iPhone 11 using Tapatalk

Comment

.... assuming they do pull off something it'll make people complacent , and ultimately lead to more people getting duped by frankens and watches that have been updated to newer versions which eliminate the flaws it's looking for. Ultimately, a fools errand.
          My wish list:
          Panerai OP VIII movement (7750 with GMT complication)

Comment

Seems like BS to me
            "What's the biggest tell in a rep?"

"You!"

Comment

The Chrono24 camera identifier function works in a similar way and it’s really easy to cheat.

Comment

I'm working on Neural Networks aka AI for a RWI project, and I can tell you right away, they can train the AI with 10 billion image, it will never be able to tell the good rep from the gen. Sure a bad fake will work, but I'm sure it they push it too hard, it will also reject gens based on manufacturing defect.

There's a limit of what Neural Networks can do, this won't work the way they think and any of the latest ARF, Noob, ZZF, RXF will fool their app

It'll give the app users a false sentiment of security and lead to problems

Comment

What Glaude said. It's gonna have false alerts and piss off a lot of gen owners. Plus: pictures on most platforms are of really low quality which makes the software useless...

Comment

Well first the CQ analyzer app on Reddit, now a ''spot the fake'' app... lol
                    A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure !

Comment

Originally posted by Keylog74 View Post
                      Well first the CQ analyzer app on Reddit
                      There's such a thing ?

Comment

Originally posted by Glaude View Post

There's such a thing ?

Very primitive but yes. This one
                        A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure !

Comment

Very primitive but yes. This one
                          What a junk, it's to check alignement, this is such a joke, seriously Reddit outdone itself on that one !

Comment

Well first the CQ analyzer app on Reddit, now a ''spot the fake'' app... lol
                            Link please. I need a good laugh today.
                            Tucker seems to be fallen into a pit of ignorance - Cavemax

But in this underworld of rep watches,it is clear that the normal thing is to play with the luck of the Seller's roulette - j.m.mozos

I wanted this omega so bad :/
                            I opened the box and got a star wars shampoo...cookienc10

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post

Link please. I need a good laugh today.
                              https://qc-checker.herokuapp.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X