• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Missrepresentation

Rickjames111

5/9/17
St Louis, Mo
Yep, I have seen far too many threads started complaining about a mods decision by the person who broke the rules. You read their statement and as intended, almost want to feel badly for them. Then, mods and the affected party come around to clear the air and poke all sorts of holes in the story. All this does is show potential future buyers and sellers that you are not willing to work with them if something goes wrong and that you have no problem lying to cover your ass.

If I were you, I would change my tune and apologize for the lack of proper photos, misrepresenting the case as ceramic when it is indeed steel, and starting this thread. Finally, top that off with a refund and you may save face.

kami2112

Watchlover and Collector from Germany
30/7/12
Germany
Hey Mate.. Unfortunately not.. Mr Halien ignores me

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L09 mit Tapatalk

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
Down-under,
Sorry to see this thread and hear about your dilemma.
I think your being overly fair with this individual.
I do not believe it was an “error or oversight” on the sellers part.
Best of luck and hope it gets resolved. :(

Reactions: AlphaProt

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
Down-under,
Sorry to see this thread and hear about your dilemma.
I think your being overly fair with this individual.
I do not believe it was an “error or oversight” on the sellers part.
Best of luck and hope it gets resolved. :(

Reactions: AlphaProt

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Hey Mate.. Unfortunately not.. Mr Halien ignores me

Anything yet? This is totally unacceptable behavior. It's beyond me why he would attempt to air this publicly. Definitely on my do not do business with.... assuming he's around. I have a feeling this will end up in the brig unfortunately.

kami2112

30/7/12
Germany
What shall I say..
After so many years I had my first bad experience here. I met so many nice guys and became friends to some members.
This Guy has a bad Karma.
I offered to get the watch back for 50 Euro less but he ignores me and before he made jokes of me..

kami2112

30/7/12
Germany
I want to take the opportunity to say that Kami is a top guy.

I'm heartbroken to see this happening to you my friend.

​​​​​​
Bro so nice to read your kind words..
You re one of the above mentioned guys that makes me love this forum.

Reactions: Katarsis

kami2112

30/7/12
Germany
Halien this is your threat..
You opened it and now you should tell us your final thoughts. You were so creative by opening this threat and by selling me the watch by answering questions with all answers I wanted to read in order to buy your brand new ceramic masterpiece.
And now?
I think I deserved an answer to my offer..
Don't be shy..

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Halien what's the scoop? You gonna man up and fix this or keep hiding like a little bitch? You brought this into the open, now fix it before the mods take it to the next level. I have no skin in the game but someone who acts the way you have in such a disrespectful and dishonest manner doesn't have any place here as far as I'm concerned.

kami2112

30/7/12
Germany
After all and finally..
Your perfect watch which was in New condition.
This are the screws to fix the strap.. 4 screws and 3 different sizes..

You didn't deserve to take part in this great forum my dear friend Halien..

9a7a7a83e7a42272a72b33d7598921e2.jpg

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Added Halien to my blacklisted buyer's and sellers here and elsewhere.

I can't understand why this is so difficult for OP to simply refund buyer, get his watch back plus I believe seller is allowing 50 euro to OP as a sign of good faith.

No Brainer here for OP. Then again, maybe that's the root of OP's malfunctioned decision making- not using his brain.

Kudo's to kami2112 for taking the high road and handling this matter with class.

Reactions: Katarsis

kami2112

30/7/12
Germany
Added Halien to my blacklisted buyer's and sellers here and elsewhere.

I can't understand why this is so difficult for OP to simply refund buyer, get his watch back plus I believe seller is allowing 50 euro to OP as a sign of good faith.

No Brainer here for OP. Then again, maybe that's the root of OP's malfunctioned decision making- not using his brain.

Kudo's to kami2112 for taking the high road and handling this matter with class.
Thank you so much for your kind words my friend..

This means so much too me how the majority our family here handles such issues.. Much more than this first really bad experience with this faceless guy..

Reactions: DD60

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Thank you so much for your kind words my friend..

This means so much too me how the majority our family here handles such issues.. Much more than this first really bad experience with this faceless guy..

My pleasure. I think we have all experienced or will experience eventually such issues at times. The longer we invest in this hobby, the higher the probability of being confronted with such deadbeats. As well, the longer we're in it, the more we learn to recognize the various ways guys like this use to misrepresent and try to hide problems with the items they are selling. Fortunately there are far more honest members here than not. The better educated we are about the pros and cons and the most common problem areas with these watches, the better we recognize when someone is trying to pass off a problem to someone else. This is one of the reasons more senior experienced members here preach on doing the research.
A little time dedicated to research a members sales history prior to entering into any deal can save the buyer lot's of time and frustration in the long run.

It's unfortunate you had this experience. It's fortunate that you can use it to your advantage in the future. Keep the faith brother, put this in the past and enjoy the hobby.

kami2112

30/7/12
Germany
My pleasure. I think we have all experienced or will experience eventually such issues at times. The longer we invest in this hobby, the higher the probability of being confronted with such deadbeats. As well, the longer we're in it, the more we learn to recognize the various ways guys like this use to misrepresent and try to hide problems with the items they are selling. Fortunately there are far more honest members here than not. The better educated we are about the pros and cons and the most common problem areas with these watches, the better we recognize when someone is trying to pass off a problem to someone else. This is one of the reasons more senior experienced members here preach on doing the research.
A little time dedicated to research a members sales history prior to entering into any deal can save the buyer lot's of time and frustration in the long run.

It's unfortunate you had this experience. It's fortunate that you can use it to your advantage in the future. Keep the faith brother, put this in the past and enjoy the hobby.
Wise words my friend.. I will follow them for sure...

Reactions: DD60

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Halien as a member you are acting like a cancer for the rep side, as a human being you are highly ilogical. If you are still wondering - no-one is buying your BS story.
Stop radiosilence, stop whininig, be a man and refund your buyer how hard can it be, perhaps then you will save a little bit of your reputation :picard: