• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OK want to start a controversial subject, and I know Im going to get flammed over it..... but

English Gent

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/7/14
No!!!! Why do you think the way it makes you feel is the same for everybody?

If I buy a Gen, I feel like an idiot for overpaying for a lump of steel whose true value is a fraction of the price I paid for it, just because of a slick advertising campaign.

You do not speak for me.

Aspirations, great things, in life and work. some things you work hard for other people dont, I guess by you bad attitude, you didnt make it.

as for paying for a lump of steel, well some fine art is made by sculpting steel, like watches, with craftsmanship and art, not all steel is the same.

enjoy your 4 striped Addidas

Last edited:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Aspirations, great things, in life and work. some things you work hard for other people dont, I guess by you bad attitude, you didnt make it.

as for paying for a lump of steel, well some fine art is made by sculpting steel, like watches, with craftsmanship and art, not all steel is the same.

enjoy your 4 striped Addidas

Yes, you're probably right. Again.

To be fair, my signature says it all.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
I never was a fan of Rolex until I got into replicas. I despised the air that surrounded Rolex.
The reason I ended up owning one in the end is because it’s given the most attention but the makers. The fact that we have the sa4130 is a testament to that.

I may be off base, but that’s my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
I never was a fan of Rolex until I got into replicas. I despised the air that surrounded Rolex.
The reason I ended up owning one in the end is because it’s given the most attention but the makers. The fact that we have the sa4130 is a testament to that.

I may be off base, but that’s my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

thanks, but muy original start to this was, why can a company with a no name make same reps as fake Rolex, but for 100x cheaper, I get a feeling we are being ripped off

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
BUT doesn't say Rolex on it, I'm sure that's important in the court of law, my only point was how can Pangani do such quality for £36 when a Rolex rep is £400 plus, yes I know they're better quality, Apart from the finishing on the hands) but not by 100 fold... not even close. but they dont write Rolex on theres

It’s not important in any court of law outside of Switzerland. Your assertions of quality as regards the Pagani Design watch are your own opinion, it is the same old AAA Chinese 23j Rolex gmt rep available everywhere under an endless variety of brands,
Pagani Design is just another Guangzhou front.
If you like it, rock it...but there’s no need to use it as a point of departure to deride other members motivations for participating in this hobby.

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
It’s not important in any court of law outside of Switzerland. Your assertions of quality as regards the Pagani Design watch are your own opinion, it is the same old AAA Chinese 23j Rolex gmt rep available everywhere under an endless variety of brands,
Pagani Design is just another Guangzhou front.
If you like it, rock it...but there’s no need to use it as a point of departure to deride other members motivations for participating in this hobby.

FFS, I started this thread saying that its strange a literal copy with few flourishes of Rolex is selling for £36, I bought one and Im impressed, not as a AAA impressed, BUT it is better than 75% of replicas with brand name on there, dont believe me, Il buy you one? PM your name and address and come back to me.

my point again, is by adding ROLEX its worth 100 times..... DAMN, or are we all being blagged... I think its the same factories producing this stuff, the Rolex Sub farse has proved it

Randzzz

16/9/10
I've enjoyed this fistfight. :) But I am surprised, after you mentioned TC and Ginault, that the thread didn't devolve into a boxing match about all of that...

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
I've enjoyed this fistfight. :) But I am surprised, after you mentioned TC and Ginault, that the thread didn't devolve into a boxing match about all of that...

so true, and Ginault are better now..... yeah I said it. great watch, much better than the original 5 series sub, the 6 series was a joke. new one I quite like, bigger hands etc

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
FFS, I started this thread saying that its strange a literal copy with few flourishes of Rolex is selling for £36, I bought one and Im impressed, not as a AAA impressed, BUT it is better than 75% of replicas with brand name on there, dont believe me, Il buy you one? PM your name and address and come back to me.

my point again, is by adding ROLEX its worth 100 times..... DAMN, or are we all being blagged... I think its the same factories producing this stuff, the Rolex Sub farse has proved it

100 times? I question your math, good sir.

Reactions: Katarsis

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
and ill repeat what I said before, it's not fake. so any kid who loves the ROLEX look can have it and not be embarrassed.

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
this is my point, look at my original post, the £36 pagina is 85% of any Rolex rep, even better finishing in parts but it doesn't have a Rolex logo on

Well my biggest problem with homage are their shitty logos. Seriously it's always very bad. Even Ginault don't really nailed it, even if it's better than the rest.

But more on this topic, i came here because fake stuff are fun, at least for me. I stayed because i was amazed with the quality of a lot of rep.
Take for example 500$. You can have an high end fake submariner, ZZF, VSF, whatever. You will have a nice movement in it, a clone 2824 or a clone 3135. Or you can have a gen Seiko, let say a Padi turtle to stay in the diver area. It's a very nice watch and mostly everybody like Seiko but the finish is not as great, QC is worst (misaligned chapter ring, indices etc), movement is "rustic" and bracelet soso. And TBH in the middle of that an homage watch?

Nope, i prefer Folexes and Seiko (but i could get tempted by a Ginault)

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
anyway, getting late here, to all you watch freaks, I'm sure you can afford $50 to try out a pagarni, you might be supprised.

this isn't "Wish" quality. mhttps://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001037561342.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.65524c4djWbJlQ

makes you wonder how much the factories are making, there's even a new Chinese war watch with 3 complications and all mechanical

pt98765

9/4/20
UK
I think people on here are mature enough to decide whether they want to wear replica Chinese watches or homage Chinese watches. It’s going to be an uphill struggle to talk a rep watch community out of buying reps.

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
I mean, criticising the premise behind wearing reps on a rep watch forum...what could go wrong?

there not reps, but fakes, and most average to bad for a £100 watch, my point with this thread is to show you can get very good quality watches that look like your favs for a lot less, but if you want Rolex on there will cost you 10x or and your dignity.

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
I think people on here are mature enough to decide whether they want to wear replica Chinese watches or homage Chinese watches. It’s going to be an uphill struggle to talk a rep watch community out of buying reps.

yah people are, choice 1) watch that looks like stuff I've seen). 2) stuff that replicates stuff I've seen and I will get street cred) 3) work hard and buy what you want

i like reps of brands I could never buy just to try on for months like the Gross AP. and my high end TC Rolexes never went outdoors, but Ginualt does