• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to price a pair of TC V6s?

Turboz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/5/18
Hey guys. So I’ve been around the forums since 2013-2014 or so. Which is around when I purchased two TC V6s. One is a 16610LN and the other is a 16610LV. I figured I’d post here just to get an idea of how they should be priced. I am aware of the profiteering rule but I’m wondering if these are an exception to that since they have become so rare nowadays. (I’m not trying to get rich by selling these anyway). I’ve seen a few similar builds go for sub $1500 or so.
anyways on to the specs.

16610LN
Gen parts: crystal, bezel, insert, dw, crown and tube.
paid $1300
Than had it serviced and polished: $200

16610LV
gen parts: crown and box
paid $750
then purchased a gen LV insert for $800 on eBay.
also had this one serviced for $100

thanks for your help!!

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Turboz The first thing you need to do is PM trailboss99 to become a Supporter in order to post a HVS. You may be the most honest guy on the forum, but you have a zero post count and your information shows you joined in 2018 despite your representation that you purchased these watches in 2013 or 2104. TCs may be the biggest item used for scams on the forums so I would caution all interested members.

If you plan on charging for servicing and polishing you will have to have receipts or evidence of same or you will not be able to include it in your price. I'd start getting together all emails, receipts, etc. for the watch purchases and the parts. The last TC I purchased was an LN V6 in excellent condition with a Swiss movement, genuine insert, genuine crystal, genuine tube, genuine crown and it had been shaped/polished by Tripdog. I paid $1300.

Become a Supporter and start proper sales threads. It protects you and the buyer.

Last edited:

Turboz

19/5/18
I was a member on rwg since 2014. After purchasing these watches, I took a hiatus from surfing the forums and came back to see everything had changed. And unfortunately, I was unable to access the same account I had. Therefore I have no way of even finding the posts of who I originally purchased them from. I know I have some digging to do for sure. But the main reason for this post was to see what I can sell them for or what they are worth at the very least. Once I’m ready to sell then I will gather everything together and go from there.
Tucker thanks

Turboz

19/5/18
Yeah makes sense. It’s just unfortunate, since I’d rather them go to a new home than sit collecting dust.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
giphy.gif

Turboz

19/5/18
Tuckerp0pperini I know you’re probably used to dealing with immature scammers that like to bend the rules and try to reach a back door sale. But there’s no reason to automatically assume that everyone is out trying to do the same thing. So I’d appreciate if you took the memes and sarcasm somewhere else.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Tuckerp0pperini I know you’re probably used to dealing with immature scammers that like to bend the rules and try to reach a back door sale. But there’s no reason to automatically assume that everyone is out trying to do the same thing. So I’d appreciate if you took the memes and sarcasm somewhere else.

Read my first post again. As I said before, you may be the most honest guy in the world, but you have no history on RWI and I have seen way too many scammers come in here and try to rip off members over the past 10 years. The more you talk the more I question your motives. Pay to become a Supporter and post your watches for sale. It's easy.

TCs are NOT considered rare. TC sold tons of them. They are regularly bought and sold on RWI. However, they are desirable and prospective buyers tend to jump on them which is why they are a popular bait for scammers.

Last edited:

Turboz

19/5/18
I read your first post just fine. It’s the second post that I seem to have an issue with. I have no problem supporting the forum. I think you should know better judging by the amount of posts you have. It’s quite disrespectful and you know it. You’re saying I could be the most honest person but you’re treating me the exact opposite way. So before jumping the gun, be sure of what you’re assuming. If becoming a supporter before I made this thread would have avoided this I would’ve gladly done so. Also, if a mod can go ahead and delete this thread completely would be greatly appreciated. I have no intention of “scamming” anyone.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I read your first post just fine. It’s the second post that I seem to have an issue with. I have no problem supporting the forum. I think you should know better judging by the amount of posts you have. It’s quite disrespectful and you know it. You’re saying I could be the most honest person but you’re treating me the exact opposite way. So before jumping the gun, be sure of what you’re assuming. If becoming a supporter before I made this thread would have avoided this I would’ve gladly done so. Also, if a mod can go ahead and delete this thread completely would be greatly appreciated. I have no intention of “scamming” anyone.

You need a thicker skin

Reactions: KushBandit

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Whoa whoa whoa. No one was accusing anyone of anything.

You posted a thread stating you had two highly desirable timepieces. @Popperini just asked how many PM's have you received due to the fact you posted that you were thinking of selling them.

He did not accuse of backdoor dealing, you looked more into it than you should.

And no, we do not delete threads or posts.

Whether you see it or not, these experienced members were just giving you the input you requested.

Turboz

19/5/18
Whoa whoa whoa. No one was accusing anyone of anything.

You posted a thread stating you had two highly desirable timepieces. @Popperini just asked how many PM's have you received due to the fact you posted that you were thinking of selling them.

He did not accuse of backdoor dealing, you looked more into it than you should.

And no, we do not delete threads or posts.

Whether you see it or not, these experienced members were just giving you the input you requested.

his post can easily be taken as a sarcastic remark. and the other guy may not be accusing me of anything but insinuating it, is pretty damn close. i think things could be worded differently instead of trying to shit on someone because of a low post count. as far as the deleting the thread, i mentioned it to eliminate all doubt of anything suspicious to clear the air.

I went ahead and messaged Trailboss about becoming a supporter so lets just keep moving forward.

MICROSTELLA

2/10/20
Europe
Me too TC 16610 LN to sale (soon) available , no hurry since apparently it increases like good wine (or real Rolex)