• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

(Question to masters/experts) IWC Portofino '150 Years' V7F 1:1 Best Edtiion White Dial ETA2892

thuuuglife

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
16/6/20
Hello good sirs and ladies out there,

I am fairly a new kid on the block and had a wonderful experience with all the members here.
I have started with Asian clones and Miyota. Most of the movements were good but it is my time to try out gen ETA.

I was wondering your thoughts on "IWC Portofino '150 Years' V7F 1:1 Best Edtiion White Dial ETA2892" from PureTime.
It looks good but I am not sure if I will get "gen ETA".

Has anyone ever ordered the item or similar item?

Please save me from your expertise!

Thank you.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I don't think any of the factories installs gen ETA movements in their reps anymore. Many members have replaced the clone movements with gen movements.

thuuuglife

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
16/6/20
@gilrob So it is not worth the money? What is your thought sir?
Pure Time is asking for $ 558

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
I would stick with eta clones. It is my understanding gen ETA will typically mean an older movements that are either used and/or need servicing. The Asian clones are generally good quality and in my (limited) experience have been very reliable.

I cant speak directly for the Portofino but I have a v7f Mark XVIII and am very happy with it and its a2892 movement.

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
@gilrob So it is not worth the money? What is your thought sir?
Pure Time is asking for $ 558

I suggest you contact PureTime to verify that it is in fact a gen ETA 2892. I looked at the watch you referenced and found that there is no other movement options. Its a good looking watch BTW, nice and simple. If PureTime verifies that the ETA 2892 in that watch is gen, go for it.