• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

If anyone asks about my watch - I always tell them its not real

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
For anyone who quickly and openly tells people their watch is a rep, why do you care about flaws and modding? Juts wear an OOTB rep flaws blaring for the public to see. That way when you tell them it's a rep, they will say..oh yea ICHS it's a rep for sure. Why do people spend thousands on modding and franken to just say "oh it's a fake" ??? Then what's the point??? Don't give me BS about oh juts to appreciate the watch for what it is. Then you won't care about flaws or mods

Word. I'm having the same dilemma hanging out with my girlfriend - public usually stealing glances, some are blatantly staring at her rack. And in that moment my mind always goes back to these threads about telling them my watch is fake. Should I, or shouldn't I? What difference would that make?
And NO, I will not post ANY pictures, thank you for not asking.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I don't understand your point, honestly. You say I live a lie, yet you spend a lot of time and money studying Rep watches, buying the one with the fewest flaws, modifying it with Gen parts to make it as perfect as possible... And then, you simply prefer to tell your entire inner circle that your watch is a replica?
My family and the close friends interested in watches (not even a handful) know which of my pieces are gen and which are reps. I bought seven reps in 2020 with a gen value of roughly 45k Euro. My wife had to be the biggest idiot alive to not know something's wrong. Same goes for a close friend who also owns a number of gens. He was surprised how far the reps have come and ordered his first ARF SeaDweller last month. One more addict...

Randzzz

16/9/10
Word. I'm having the same dilemma hanging out with my girlfriend - public usually stealing glances, some are blatantly staring at her rack. And in that moment my mind always goes back to these threads about telling them my watch is fake. Should I, or shouldn't I? What difference would that make?

Wait. If friends, as you say, “are blatantly staring at her rack,” then perhaps the relevant rep-vs-gen question has nothing to do with timepieces.

angelotto

Supporter
Certified
8/3/19
Tatooine desert
I belong to the noob category, last night at the table a friend tells me ... so you bought it, but is it true? He looks at it and replies: beautiful, so shiny and well kept, mine instead (Submariner) would need a polish, you know after thirty years ...:eek:

fredflintstone

5/4/20
But is the rack real, fake or a replica?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

c_hall100

El Presidente
Gold Patron
Certified
14/2/20
UK
1:1 best fake money can buy.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone 11 using Tapatalk

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Ouch... Not to get political but but if Biden had said it....he wouldn't remember :woo:LOL

michel7752

18/4/14
Switzerland
I have been collecting a very long time and have about 35 watches.... Over the years many people have asked about a watch I am wearing and I always tell them as my first response that it is not genuine .... I have never ever passed one off as genuine ...
Sorry, but if many people continue to ask you about your watches, then you have to ask yourself if you are real or fake.

Blueadrian

Renowned Member
24/7/19
UK
As I haven’t been out since March, only my wife, dog and cats see my watch - other than people on Zoom.

As the cats are pedigree I have told them the Rolex’s are real but they have good eyes and caught me out with the colour of the markings on the insert of my Kermit.

The dog couldn’t give a shit, but my wife is impressed so I wear 250 grand worth of watches with my brown and orange nylon pajamas.

Love Rolex, Omega and Tudor.
Based in UK

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
I have a few friends with gen Rolex, Patek, and APs. Funny thing is, on the rare occasion it's asked, they tell people that their watches are fake.

What a strange world we all live in.

Reactions: swink6112 and Danii

B12b12b12

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/2/14
Ha ! Yes I can well believe that !!! if you say they are real ; setting yourself up for a mugging !