• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

If anyone asks about my watch - I always tell them its not real

B12b12b12

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/2/14
I have been collecting a very long time and have about 35 watches.... Over the years many people have asked about a watch I am wearing and I always tell them as my first response that it is not genuine .... I have never ever passed one off as genuine ... I have also seen people try and pass off a quartz Navitimer as gen :)
Am I alone in this ?

Pickledbeetroot

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/12
I have been collecting a very long time and have about 35 watches.... Over the years many people have asked about a watch I am wearing and I always tell them as my first response that it is not genuine .... I have never ever passed one off as genuine ... I have also seen people try and pass off a quartz Navitimer as gen :)
Am I alone in this ?

Pics of the 35 please

Reactions: Katarsis

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
Pics of the 35 please
714.gif

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
I tell everyone they are real. It puts the other guys at the bar in the shade and hot women love a “Man of Rolex”. Especially one in a gold Daytona. #YOLO

Reactions: Katarsis and mpx

Adam_Smith

Supporter
Certified
23/6/20
This is exactly what we discussed a few weeks ago here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...at-your-watch-was-a-rep?p=9174338#post9174338

As I said in the previous topic: I don't understand why we should tell the truth if someone asks us. We spend all day in a forum, consulting reviews about replicas and trying to identify every last flaw so that future versions of the replica will be as similar as possible to the Gen watch. Why do we then tell everyone who asks that it's really a replica? Is it a question of honesty or insecurity?

Also, in my previous message I introduced the variable of the social environment in which you are. In my case, to say that the watch I wear is a Rep, when my boss wears a Vacheron Constantin Overseas, my colleagues wear Rolex, PAM, etc., and all of them Gen... It would be really frowned upon.