• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hope “Jordan Iliev” is not one of our valued members....

HootschiGootschi

„105 OR 1=1“
Patron
Certified
6/2/19
HG in da house
A Mount Prospect man who prosecutors say was selling counterfeit Rolex watches was ordered held on a $10,000 I-bond Thursday and ordered to submit to electronic monitoring.

Authorities say Yordan Iliev, 33, had luxury watches worth more than $3 million in his home. He is charged with violation of the counterfeit trademark act following an investigation by Mount Prospect police, the Department of Homeland Security, and Kirby & Associates, a private investigation firm hired by Rolex.

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20...-accused-of-selling-counterfeit-rolex-watches

Last edited:

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Ugh, hopefully he doesn't talk and expose all of us here on RWI. the big deal is "selling" not owning. So if they are monitoring this forum, they are probably more interested in the sales section and not who is ordering products... I hope :bless:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
"Of the recovered watches, 33 were Rolexes valued at more than $500,000." That's over $15.000 per watch while in reality those reps are closer to $15.000 in total. Was that article written by a Rolex marketing maneger?

:picard2:

HootschiGootschi

„105 OR 1=1“
Patron
Certified
6/2/19
HG in da house
"Of the recovered watches, 33 were Rolexes valued at more than $500,000." That's over $15.000 per watch while in reality those reps are closer to $15.000 in total. Was that article written by a Rolex marketing maneger?

:picard2:

This is how Rolex calculate their loss for court.
They call every Rep for a loss of a gen watch.....

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

rek00001

Known Member
24/4/13
Oh man, and to think I could have driven to see him to buy a rep. I live about an hour away.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
That's what i was thinking too. They consider each rep a profit loss for them. So the amount is about right in that context.

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11
I am local to this guy and remember seeing his Craigslist ads for years. IIRC it was cheap junk from seeing the pictures, price angels level reps or so.

The "retail value" is hilarious.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
This is how Rolex calculate their loss for court.
They call every Rep for a loss of a gen watch.....

I know, but that argumentation has always been and will always be complete nonsense. Same goes for any other business that does this calculation, e.g. SW piracy or Youtube "fair use" of music.

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11
That's what i was thinking too. They consider each rep a profit loss for them. So the amount is about right in that context.

Well to the casual uninformed neighbor the guy had "3.3 million dollars" of watches in his house, when in reality, he probably had $2000 max of Price Angels tin.

I'm sure my homeowners insurance would love to pay a claim on my watch box worth "one million"

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
If he was selling them for $200.00 each, he was dealing in shitty DHg reps.

Reactions: Glaude

Picksk

18/6/20
I know, but that argumentation has always been and will always be complete nonsense. Same goes for any other business that does this calculation, e.g. SW piracy or Youtube "fair use" of music.

IKR, it never ceases to amaze me how these companies evaluate their losses, I mean, just coz I bought a rep of $25k watch doesn’t mean that I would have ever bought or afford a gen in the first place and as a rep is available bought a rep instead. It’s not like they are losing market share.

Reactions: gilrob

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Rolex knows that the majority of us would not be able to buy gen that's why we buy reps but they make it as scary as possible when they catch someone in hopes of scaring the rest of us from continuing to buy reps. If anything we are free advertisement for them, we treat our reps better than some people treat their gens!

Last edited:
Reactions: Taz71

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Gen value is an easy argument for Rolex’s council to make and its also valid. It only takes a few minutes on TRF to find 10 people who have been scammed into buying a rep thinking it was a gen. The AD availability argument would likely never reach a judge.

Then there is the issue of IP, brand and marks theft, and the damage caused by bringing the Rolex brand into disrepute to name but two.

Its called ‘weighting the prosecution’ which is entirely normal. What should they say? ‘This guy sold a fake watch, so that means someone didn’t buy a Tissot’?

Its also normal for anyone on the wrong side of the prosecutions claims - near or far - to claim its too harsh and its claims are unreasonable - just sayin.

This guy is clearly in the wrong and his actions are indefensible. Its not difficult to pick a side here.

Last edited:

peppercorn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/18
Suddenly, the m2m rep sales section went silent......

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Omega703

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/2/19
Suddenly, the m2m rep sales section went silent......

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

I’ve never had the stones to sell on m2m for this reason. Bought plenty though. Now I have a backup of 20 watches that I never wear and won’t sell. They will make great stocking stuffers I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Idiots like that are busted all the time, they think they are smarter than anyone else when they discover DHGate or they are the most stupid of all that are buying junk from another more clever guy and sell them for a 10 % markup after that.

It's even worth when it comes to fashion reselling, guys have real physical store sometimes in old mostly deserted mall galleries.