• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Want to make a franken rolex :)

Clavijo

Horology Curious
27/5/20
Hi everyone, im planning to start this project for a franken and I would like to know if it’s possible to have some help from this amazing community and have some recommendations and advise for a good and reputable watch maker that can help me start this adventure.

I like the gmt 2, green hand - datejust 39mm - oyster 39mm

$2000 budget (GMT) without the base rep $1500 budget (datejust or oyster) without the base rep

Btw i dont have much experience with this but im going to do my best and i will share all the progress with all off you as soon as i get in the right path .

Gen parts that i would like:

Dial - bezel - hands - date wheel - crown

thanks

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
GMT 6 digit LN figure bezel assembly, 600, dial 500, hands, 350, crystal 350, date wheel 150, crown 200 +/-, plus base watch. Personally I prefer the noob as it'll take all the genuine components without issue, but you'll need a VR 3185 movement (200ish) or a genuine movement which then is beyond your budget.

My GMT build, noob v7 base

IMG_20191017_123922db0538c5fcc3cdc0.jpg

Clavijo

Horology Curious
27/5/20
wow you did a great work , it looks amazing , is exactly what im looking .
thanks for all you're info and help i appreciate it.

JTSWE

19/2/17
I have a old Noob v7 case also,

One thing, stay away from CHS 2824-2

They have cut the feet from the dail, it’s was just glued on the movement

It has gen bezel/insert/dail/gen hands.

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI

Reactions: Clavijo

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
For the GMT 116710LN, my recommendation is to start with a ARF base watch case (Some people have complained about crown tube glued in, you have to be cautious else gen crown might not fit). You will also need to buy a VR3185 separately for reliable movement. $2000 is going to be tough, you will not get the gen part in good condition and pay the watchmaker with that price tag.

Last edited:

Clavijo

Horology Curious
27/5/20
For the GMT 116710LN, my recommendation is to start with a ARF base watch case (Some people have complained about crown tube glued in, you have to be cautious else gen crown might not fit). You will also need to buy a VR3185 separately for reliable movement. $2000 is going to be tough, you will not get the gen part in good condition and pay the watchmaker with that price tag.

i was thinking about it and i decided to go up with my budget .

thanks for you for you're help

Reactions: srhoque