• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch protection film

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
They can look scruffy. Very quickly. And end up making your watch look a lot worse than if you never bothered with them.

If you have a rep with ‘gold’ plating then you may want to use some on the bracelet and clasp. Otherwise accept that watches are to be worn and they are not going to look like new forever.

Reactions: rj999

Xky

Known Member
13/9/19
They can look scruffy. Very quickly. And end up making your watch look a lot worse than if you never bothered with them.

If you have a rep with ‘gold’ plating then you may want to use some on the bracelet and clasp. Otherwise accept that watches are to be worn and they are not going to look like new forever.

The guy in the video at one stage took a wire brush, cork screw and another sharp object and started to try and scratch an expensive watch. Do you think this was just for sales purposes?

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
The guy in the video at one stage took a wire brush, cork screw and another sharp object and started to try and scratch an expensive watch. Do you think this was just for sales purposes?

You can scratch a saphire with all of those things so draw your own conclusions.

Last edited:

Xky

Known Member
13/9/19
Has anyone bought and applied the Styx watch protection system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
At this point, why not just leave the protective film that comes with a new watch when you buy it?

Totally takes away from the Rolex/Omega "Tool" watch vibe, IMO. This stuff is like not sleeping with your girlfriend, and leaving her unused for the next guy :giggle:

You could sort of make it work with a girlfriend as well.

Sumo-900x900.jpg

joint07

24/9/09
City Of Porsches and Benzes
I'm developing my own protection films. First release will be Daytona. After that I planned the sub 40 and sub 41.

If someone is interested in good and affordable protection films just write me a message.

flyinhawaiian

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/12/20
USA
These look pretty goofy imo. I've had a full-coverage phone skin made of the same material and it made my phone feel cheap so I ended up taking it off. It held up fine but I just couldn't get over the look and feel. Wouldn't consider putting it on a watch.

Reactions: rj999