• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Beware of scam sellera

Picksk

18/6/20
Hello,

I am a newbie on this site, joined a around 3 mths ago. Have noticed a pattern when I have posted on WTB, some of the people sending PMs saying that they have a friend who has this watch, giving me an email and asking to reach out to them. The first couple of times, I actually did send emails, but immediately saw some red flags, as upon responded when I asked for timestamp pics, they got all high and mighty butt hurt, like oh you don’t trust me...I am an honest person blah blah blah. Have seen a couple of other people also post on here warning others with similar experiences. The common thread appears to be all of them asking to email people directly outside of this forum and all of the people sending PMs have brand new accounts. Have had a few bad experiences online in the past (not on this forum), just letting others know to be careful is all. Stay safe all and enjoy your watches in good health!

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Yes, this has been an issue, more so on repgeek. Moral of the story is don't respond to anyone you don't know who directs you to message off the forums.

Naths63

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/5/20
Yep has happened to me on repgeek...I posted in the WTB section for a Pam 1389...he said to contact him via WhatsApp, I did just to play him...asked for pics of the watch, username date etc...he replied with this pic and others and asked for $8900 ...lol...idiot...look at the photoshop of user name label...haha...
89dcedcbb2d2a86ebb8d34833d85d347.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picksk

18/6/20
It never ceases to amaze me lol, when I emailed and asked for pics, he sent me pics watermarked from Chrono lol