• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another Watchfinder video on fake Rolex

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
I watched that about 30 seconds after they posted it. I felt the same way when they mentioned frankens and communities that look for flaws and ways to improve them. Almost like they called us and RWG out specifically.

They now have about 4 videos on these high end reps, it's almost advertisement at this point :xj4:

English Gent

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/7/14
I watched that about 30 seconds after they posted it. I felt the same way when they mentioned frankens and communities that look for flaws and ways to improve them. Almost like they called us and RWG out specifically.

They now have about 4 videos on these high end reps, it's almost advertisement at this point :xj4:

Yeah, there's a lot of people watching his videos and in chat wondering why the f@ck they just spent 10k, the best bit was he didn't say which was fake, but think it was one with dodgy 18 on bezel...

He does have a good point about why not use those techniques to build own designs, I gues TC did that with Ginault! I have one and it's better than the old TC's, and don't feel embarrassed wearing it..lol

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
I really appreciated this video. In fact I subscribe to his channel and really love his content in general.

Yes, he is an AD and has to keep to the party line that Gens are better than reps, but I think he is extremely fair and respectful to the replica community in his portrayal.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
a quote from the comments :D

"The fake even replicated the badly painted GMT hand of the original"

Reactions: BOSSK

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
I just don't enjoy that much attention to our hobby, but i guess that is inevitable as they are getting better
See this is what I thought as well. But you're right, it is inevitable. I'm hoping this will force companies like Wilsdorf's Rolex to make products beyond our wildest dreams and actually innovate to match the price.

On another note, props to Tudor because I'll buy it in gen any day #BB58 #Pelagos

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
These videos are also becoming more common lately because it attracts views = youtube $$$.
This as well. In nearly every watch review channel, these gather the MOST views. People are absolutely mindblown that you are exorbitantly overpaying for luxury. Rhetorical right.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
These videos are also becoming more common lately because it attracts views = youtube $$$.

It is definitely part of the call-out-culture that was sparked by social media and the rising significance of social status that remains unobtainable for the broad majority. The human ego doesn‘t benefit from this development but the observable mass seems to soak this vibe like it is something energizing.

Very questionable steps in certain directions. I guess it is up to us to do the best we can to change the changeable in front of ourself rather than feel the uncertaintywith which i wrote this post ;)

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
I just don't enjoy that much attention to our hobby, but i guess that is inevitable as they are getting better

I do see your point, but do not believe that video brings any new high-risks to our hobby.
Many people are members on both gen and rep side, and even those who are on gen only - they already know about the frankening stuff.
This video is fascinating! for noobs, but for the long-time members, long-time gen collectors this video is "yesterday news".

HG 2000

Supporter
22/7/20
It is definitely part of the call-out-culture that was sparked by social media and the rising significance of social status that remains unobtainable for the broad majority. The human ego doesn‘t benefit from this development but the observable mass seems to soak this vibe like it is something energizing.

Very questionable steps in certain directions. I guess it is up to us to do the best we can to change the changeable in front of ourself rather than feel the uncertaintywith which i wrote this post ;)

This is a great point. Social media has already made more people comfortable with being disrespectful to others online, when they would never do it in person.
I can see others thinking they are experts by watching videos like this and then trying to call people out online in pictures.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
He does have a good point about why not use those techniques to build own designs, I gues TC did that with Ginault! I have one and it's better than the old TC's, and don't feel embarrassed wearing it..lol

No, the Ocean Rover is a stolen design as well. Zero originality. Apart from the dial. Which is its worst feature - silly copy on it.