• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

replica for airport flight? (customs)?

Leetex

troll
14/7/19
hey i fly from swizerland to sicilia and i have a vsf seamaster 300m v2
i never flight with a replica. would you wear the rep for airport
check-in, metall detector and custom check?

what would you do?

thanks you guys

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

what would you do?

thanks you guys

You’re just another guy wearing a watch. You think they stop people for that?

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
They don't care about the watch you wear. As long as you don't bring a box full of watches you are safe. Unless you got a GMT Master with the Timebomb movement of course.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy

what would you do?

thanks you guys

It’s well know we have luxury watches experts here in italian airports checking all the traveler’s wrists to watch out for fakes. They work alongside customs officers, I’m surprised you never heard about the rep police department

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
You’re just another guy wearing a watch. You think they stop people for that?

Well, of course they do. All airports have highly trained "fake spotters" whose only job is to keep an eagle-eye out for suspiciously sharp bevels on lugs, misaligned hour markers and second hands not ticking at 8 bps. They also pull you aside for suspect Louis Vuitton luggage, Chanel threads - basically anything that looks like you're too poor to own.

donkacper

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Airport dogs can't sniff a rep watch, you will be ok

Wysłane z mojego SM-G973F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Reactions: c_hall100

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Airport dogs can't sniff a rep watch, you will be ok

Wysłane z mojego SM-G973F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Well, they can sniff a pube under an xtal from 3feet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rj999

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Well, of course they do. All airports have highly trained "fake spotters" whose only job is to keep an eagle-eye out for suspiciously sharp bevels on lugs, misaligned hour markers and second hands not ticking at 8 bps.

Do you have a mail address of these guys? I'll send them my QC pics and check for recommendations on the most bestest Sub.

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
Agreed.

Its like I’m wearing a clone pefume through airport security will they sniff it and arrest me.

That's happened to you too, has it? It's the strip search that gets worrying.

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
The dogs are trained just for sniffing out 904 steel, they sniff out cheap watch oils, they can hear the sound of a fake movement, and from a closer range they can see which factory the dials and bezel were made.

Last edited:

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I got my ass tased and detained coming back through customs in the US from St. Martin. My Uncle Ned spent 5 years in Leavenworth for smuggling a shipment of replicas into the United States. He had 10-20 watches. I’m not familiar with the laws in Switzerland but if you are wearing a rep through an airport you are taking a big chance. Remember, if you wear rep watches you are living on the edge, and never go down without a fight.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I got my ass tased and detained coming back through customs in the US from St. Martin. My Uncle Ned spent 5 years in Leavenworth for smuggling a shipment of replicas into the United States. He had 10-20 watches. I’m not familiar with the laws in Switzerland but if you are wearing a rep through an airport you are taking a big chance. Remember, if you wear rep watches you are living on the edge, and never go down without a fight.

I remember uncle Ned well , poor fellow ...

Reactions: Katarsis

c_hall100

El Presidente
Gold Patron
Certified
14/2/20
UK
I honestly find some of the questions on this forum so hilarious it’s worth being a member just for the stupidity

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone 11 using Tapatalk