• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3135 skipping seconds / running fast

jb3md

Renowned Member
11/8/19
Hi fellas,

Recently got my franken 116610 back from my watchmaker and it is running super fast - like gaining several hours per day. In looking closely at the hands, one can see the second hand skip ahead one or two seconds every 5-6 seconds. I sent it back to him and it was running fine there and performing well on the timegrapher, but when I got it back it started with the second skipping again. Anyone have a similar issue? Can it be fixed or should I just get the movement replaced?

The movement is the SA3135 from ZZF V2.

Thanks!

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
Several hours per day is not a skipping second hand issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gravedigger

Horology Curious
27/9/13
Not sure if he’s a watchmaker ????
Is there been any upgrades in the movement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Not much of a watchmaker is he?

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
Running several hours fast a day? Grab one of the inexpensive demagnetizer tools available via amazon / ebay (blue box with a light and switch). Instructions for use are on YouTube.
Think I paid about 10USD for mine and it’s saved hundreds in repair costs.

It seems that somewhere in the shipping line FedEx, UPS and USPS all have a pretty decent chance of magnetizing a watch. Have yet to have one magnetized by DHL, but I’m sure it’s possible.

I’ve had more than a couple arrive showing massive gain errors, all fixed by a few passes with the Chinese-bluebox.

Halien

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/3/20
Watch can be magnetized on customs when they are scanning it happened to me several times so its better to have some of those devices recommended above

jb3md

Renowned Member
11/8/19
Got one of those blue demagnetizers - gave it a whirl last night. Didn’t seem to do much first time but gonna give it another try.

Question to the community is - is this a fixable issue with the current movement or should I just get it replaced?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI