• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A story about a watch my local jeweler told me.

Xky

Known Member
13/9/19
So I went to my local Jewellery shop to get my watch sized because the screws were so tight they wouldn’t unscrew, but that’s another story, and a good one!

Anyway as he’s trying to size the watch, with only a certain amount of success, I start talking about the concerns I have about buying a replica watch, as it’s the first one I’ve ever bought and how it might not last that long.

He starts telling me about his friend that was a diving instructor, and how he worked in many different countries, and that he bought a replica watch on his travels for £50. He said he wore it every day for ten years, went diving with it and it was fine it ticked over every day for ten years.

One day he went to the park with his friends, and out came a boomerang, he threw it came back and hit his watch, direct impact! And broke his watch. Guess it was just a case of bad timing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
A rather pointless tale and perhaps a bit of a yarn.

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
So I went to my local Jewellery shop to get my watch sized because the screws were so tight they wouldn’t unscrew, but that’s another story, and a good one!

Anyway as he’s trying to size the watch, with only a certain amount of success, I start talking about the concerns I have about buying a replica watch, as it’s the first one I’ve ever bought and how it might not last that long.

He starts telling me about his friend that was a diving instructor, and how he worked in many different countries, and that he bought a replica watch on his travels for £50. He said he wore it every day for ten years, went diving with it and it was fine it ticked over every day for ten years.

One day he went to the park with his friends, and out came a boomerang, he threw it came back and hit his watch, direct impact! And broke his watch. Guess it was just a case of bad timing!

For what it’s worth I’ve dove with my TC v6 numerous times both in salt water and fresh, never a issue.

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
For what it’s worth I’ve dove with my TC v6 numerous times both in salt water and fresh, never a issue.

Actual scuba or just dive bombing with ladies wearing little clothing (or none)?

Xky

Known Member
13/9/19
A rather pointless tale and perhaps a bit of a yarn.

I’m sorry I don’t have the writing skills of Quentin Tarantino! What was you expecting Pulp Fiction? I don’t any relatives that hid watches in their orifices!

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
Is that another way of saying so what, who cares?

No, not at all. I had a vision making this thread in to a place for us to share stories from our life.

Just pulling my weight.

Xky

Known Member
13/9/19
No, not at all. I had a vision making this thread in to a place for us to share stories from our life.

Just pulling my weight.

Well why don’t you take your full of crap sandwiches somewhere else and enjoy them. After all you know what they say you are what you eat, and sling your hook.

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
Well why don’t you take your full of crap sandwiches somewhere else and enjoy them. After all you know what they say you are what you eat, and sling your hook.

English isn't my first language, believe it or not. So I had to turn to "Urbana dictionary" to find out what "sling your hook" means. This is what I found:

"Go on, out of my way, or face. Leave now before we both regret it. Usually, a bit of danger is implied; slight provocation or minor threat."

Well. That wasn't a very nice way of expressing yourself. And that whole rant about shit sandwiches was a tad immature. I hope your mommy washes your mouth with soap before she puts you to bed.

Thank goodness summer break will be over soon.
​​​​​​
​​​​

Last edited:

jc0515

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/5/20
Boston
I thought it was funny - no judgement. I'm a diver, and yes, I have a hard time believing that a watch selling for 50 had good seals, but who knows, stranger things have happened. As for me, I have quite a few gen dive watches - Breitling, Omega, UTS, etc., and the only kind I dive with are Casio frogmen - who wants to ruin a SuperOcean on a dive tank? Anyway, thanks for sharing, and I'm not planning on throwing any boomerangs :)

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
and the moral is?

Xky

Known Member
13/9/19
English isn't my first language, believe it or not. So I had to turn to "Urbana dictionary" to find out what "sling your hook" means. This is what I found:

"Go on, out of my way, or face. Leave now before we both regret it. Usually, a bit of danger is implied; slight provocation or minor threat."

Well. That wasn't a very nice way of expressing yourself. And that whole rant about shit sandwiches was a tad immature. I hope your mommy washes your mouth with soap before she puts you to bed.

Thank goodness summer break will be over soon.
​​​​​​
​​​​

Was anybody forcing you to read my thread, No, if you don’t find it interesting move on.

I’m starting to smell your breath from here, must be all that thread crapping you do.

And before you start getting your knickers in a twist, FYI sling your hook means go away, leave.

Last edited:

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Hard to believe this story, haven't come across such a good waterproofed rep yet and that also for 50 bucks.

Either the jeweler was high (curious what was he smoking or drinking) or the buddy was diving in kiddie pools with 1 foot water.

Last edited:
Reactions: Katarsis