• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Has someone ever noticed that your watch was a Rep?

IronTexan

Looking Around
19/3/19
This is something I was very concerned with when I got my first rep, a ZF Tudor Black Bay. Then someone on the forums pointed out that most people don't even know what a Tudor is, let alone care that you are wearing one, fake or not. I have found that to be most correct. Maybe Rolex's get scrutinized a little more than the others, but overall, 99.9% of people could not care less about what is going on on your wrist.

McPwn

21/9/20
If you wear a rare model, like an LV or PM, especially with diamonds on it, you definitely raise your chances of getting called out...

NaViSlick

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/20
This is something I was very concerned with when I got my first rep, a ZF Tudor Black Bay. Then someone on the forums pointed out that most people don't even know what a Tudor is, let alone care that you are wearing one, fake or not. I have found that to be most correct. Maybe Rolex's get scrutinized a little more than the others, but overall, 99.9% of people could not care less about what is going on on your wrist.

I would go so far as to say that in regular society, you could even pull off something far more expensive than a regular Rolex (think ALS, VC, PP, AP) and people would have no idea. For regular people Rolex, Omega and Tag are considered the forefront of luxury watch brands (with Rolex being at the very top), so even a $60k Nautilus would honestly be easily passable as real. I'm going into an environment where wearing a Rolex wouldn't exactly be socially acceptable (simply because it's the most well known luxury watch brand, and as such all the normal non-watch people would find it crass) but anything below or above I could easily pass off.

Reactions: TimosL

Zerto666

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/9/20
I think two tone reps are a pretty easy spot - the gold colour is much more yellow than true 18k. SS is a better option

I agree, the tones are the worst. It looks yellow-bronzish rather than gold

Reactions: Trowt

_leonardo_

29/8/20
Not directly, I don't know so many people involved in watch collections or watch expert.
So maybe thay think so, but they don't tell me.
But lot of people told me that my gens are fake, for sure...
Bhuahahaha

Last edited:

Zerto666

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/9/20
Not directly, I don't know so many people involved in watch collections or watch expert.
Bhuahahaha

Like someone mentioned earlier. They look at what you wear and then they call think your watch is fake... generalization

NaViSlick

23/5/20
Bhuahahaha

If people are telling you your gens are fake, you might as well save a little money and just buy fakes instead :D

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
Got it. Concerning the inspection: "Look, that's nice watch, I like it! May I have a look?" is a situation that does not seem completely impossible to me.

Get a good rep with minimal flaws and hand over with confidence. If you have a friend who can still tell that it is a rep, it means your friend is a watch enthusiast and actually will say "f@ck this thing looks so real". Follow up with a beer and improve your friendship by showing your three cases full of watches, which will make your friends jaw drop and you will be elevated to some status.. either a good one or an infamous one. So far this has happened to me multiple times and actually the guys started buying reps themselves... the dark side is hard to resist

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Get a good rep with minimal flaws and hand over with confidence. If you have a friend who can still tell that it is a rep, it means your friend is a watch enthusiast and actually will say "f@ck this thing looks so real". Follow up with a beer and improve your friendship by showing your three cases full of watches, which will make your friends jaw drop and you will be elevated to some status.. either a good one or an infamous one. So far this has happened to me multiple times and actually the guys started buying reps themselves... the dark side is hard to resist

Most don’t care but a couple of my Gen enthusiast friends thought I was a **** for buying fake goods and robbing the hard work of genuine brands. I just wanted a watch i couldn’t afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK

Most don’t care but a couple of my Gen enthusiast friends thought I was a **** for buying fake goods and robbing the hard work of genuine brands. I just wanted a watch i couldn’t afford.

tommytoro

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
18/8/20
I wear a 116520 noob daytona... and noone ever said it is a rep :)
it looks like a gen

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Today I complimented my clients 126710BLRO... He immediately took it off and handed it to me for a closer look and told me to try it on... I had my rep Omega CrPO on and handed it over which he also tried on. Anyways, we complemented both watches before being interrupted.

I have no idea if his was a Gen or not and chances are he didn’t know the same of my watch...

At the end of the day, they’re just watches and as long as the wearer enjoys it (Gen or Rep) is the only thing that’s important and really matters. :smile:

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15

Lol - I had a guy who refused to be a supporter for my Swiss citizenship application because of my reps :p true story