• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Importing a rep watch from China to European Union IN HAND

Siirtolapuutarha

Horology Curious
17/3/20
Hello,

so I know this might sound like a fool's question, and I understand you well it does. So here's the case, if a person goes to China and buys a rep watch (from any of our trusted dealers and asks them to ship inside the mainland to the persons location. Then it's 100% safe as in mainland there are no customs checks. But then, if this person wants to take the watch with him as he leaves the country, what would be the difference inbetween these three options:

1) Shipping the watch with your name from CHINA to European Union country with receiver being your own name as well
2) Storing the watch with the wooden rep box inside your luggage and traveling with it, the watch and the box of it being inside your luggage that you pull behind you and store inside the airplane
3) Having the watch on the wrist on the airport, and putting the box to the luggage alone.

I'm thinking of doing the (3), but I would love to get 2 different watches and it would look silly to have 2 luxury watches on hand unless I got face tats....

Let me hear your thoughts, feel free to roast me as well HA!

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
4) Don't bother buying a crappy rep box - just buy the watch and wear it. No one is going to give the slightest damn about the watch you're wearing.

If you really must have a cheap rep box too, then order one from eBay or DHGate when you get back to the EU.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
First of all your not trying to smuggle cocaine, it's a watch. No customs anywhere in the world is going to check your wrist to see if it's a rep or gen. They would have no idea where you bought it or if it's real. As for the box....like popperini said, buy it on ebay

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
I once did no 3 but I was too afraid to put it on my wrist so I put it inside a balloon and swallowed it. They found the rep box in my luggage during x-ray so that raised immediate alarm in the officers and they sent me to body scan. They could see the watch that I had swollen during the body scan so they took me to hospital where I was given 24 hrs to out the watch. I tried to hold it in but that was quite painful I was literally crying when it finally started to come out (it was ZZF with the sharp bezel teeth).

Once it was retrieved they said it looks gen to them and let me go.

Last edited:

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
I once did no 3 but I was too afraid to put in on my wrist so I put it inside a balloon and swallowed it. They found the rep box in my luggage during x-ray so that raised immediate alarm in the officers and they sent me to body scan. They could see the watch that I had swollen during the body scan so they took me to hospital where I was given 24 hrs to out the watch. I tried to hold it in but that was quite painful I was literally crying when it finally started to come out (it was ZZF with the sharp bezel teeth).

"so he hid it, in the one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you."

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I once did no 3 but I was too afraid to put in on my wrist so I put it inside a balloon and swallowed it. They found the rep box in my luggage during x-ray so that raised immediate alarm in the officers and they sent me to body scan. They could see the watch that I had swollen during the body scan so they took me to hospital where I was given 24 hrs to out the watch. I tried to hold it in but that was quite painful I was literally crying when it finally started to come out (it was ZZF with the sharp bezel teeth).

No wondering your bracelet needed vaseline care after that :) :) :)

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

"so he hid it, in the one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you."

Definitely one of my favorite movies. At least an annual watch (verb). And thanks for the laugh.

James2020

1/6/20
I once did no 3 but I was too afraid to put it on my wrist so I put it inside a balloon and swallowed it. They found the rep box in my luggage during x-ray so that raised immediate alarm in the officers and they sent me to body scan. They could see the watch that I had swollen during the body scan so they took me to hospital where I was given 24 hrs to out the watch. I tried to hold it in but that was quite painful I was literally crying when it finally started to come out (it was ZZF with the sharp bezel teeth).

LOL. This really cracked me up. If it was an omega ploprof... :thud:

Reactions: Kalev007

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
Never had any airport security-theater folks even give my watch a second look.

On a trip overseas a few years ago I went all John-Claude Biver (at least I think it was him....) and wore three watches. Two on the left wrist and one on the right... and a long sleeve shirt. I figured they were safer on my person rather than in my luggage or carry-on.

Why you'd even want rep boxes is beyond me... If you want em, I'd just say to buy those online and have em shipped to you alone. The numbers will never match your watch regardless, and the odds of fooling / passing your reps on anyone that's even remotely into nicer watches is slim.