• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Too many watches?

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Damn, those are some ugly ass watches. But after thinking about the branding on the watches (AS = Arnold Schwarzenegger?) I realized that this is his own watch company :D
He should follow Sly and just get a few nice PAMs.

Funny you mention that....It seems his favorite watch is his Panerai Luminor, and unlike Stallone, Audemar Piguet even has a special edition ROO specifically for Arnold.

Reactions: mpx
It's my view a person should be able to describe and enjoy all of their watches individually remembering history, factory, version, mods, TD etc. If a person has watches that they've forgot about or can't recall details then those watches have just become numbers and fall into the too many category. However, that's just me and to each his own.

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
It's my view a person should be able to describe and enjoy all of their watches individually remembering history, factory, version, mods, TD etc. If a person has watches that they've forgot about or can't recall details then those watches have just become numbers and fall into the too many category. However, that's just me and to each his own.
I remember every watch I bought (for how much, the reason I bought, where I wore first, etc). There's always a good reason to buy a watch. I just have too many reasons to buy a watch, Lol.

n229vxhbx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/11/19
I used to think there was no limit but I'm having a bit of a renaissance (midlife crisis) and trying to be more minimalist now. One thing that's gotta go is the watches I literally never wear but just look at!

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
For me it's not so much the number I own, it's more about what I do with them. If they're getting worn fairly regularly, then it makes sense to me to own them, but if they're just box queens, I think they need to go.

I'm not sure how many watches I've got atm, certainly less than 75 (as I've got 75 slots in my watch boxes and several spare slots), but I can't imagine ever going over 100 - even wearing two or three a day, the least favourites will probably only get worn every few months so for me, that's enough.
Absolutely spot on. Same here, I think of utility vs collecting. I keep my 116500ln as a queen for special events or road trips. The 116710ln for international travel or holiday. The 377701 on santoni for casual wear. Every watch in my 20 watch collection has a purpose :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

thegolfman

Known Member
1/6/20
I think "purpose" is important, at least for me. I'm rolling with the "high end" sports watch theme and I want to be able to wear them anyplace, anytime and not worry about being out of place. A high end dress watch doesn't really work for my lifestyle. So far, I've stayed away from doubling up on any watch...

Lastly, I have room for 14...12 watch box and a two spot winder...currently have 5 open slots (4 gens and 5 Reps)...Am trying to keep some slots open and not max my storage...I suppose we can always try...

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
I have 4 reps and 1 gen and I think I need to downsize!

The more I own the less I value what I have.

erekose

Renowned Member
Supporter
13/2/12
Tokyo
I have 140 or something including a dozen or so Gshocks and maybe 30 Seikos. I have close to 50 Pam reps. A good 25 or so Swiss with 4 Grand Seikos in the "special" boxes.
It's hard not to buy more. I'm into mostly gens now and the Tokyo used market has so much to choose from it's hard to resist.

Last edited:

QuachThePhuc

Horology Curious
9/2/21
I have 4 gens and keep them on rotations about a few weeks to a month each. For a couple of incoming reps so that will change. I can see myself doing a weekly rotation at most, daily is a little bit too much

Rello

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/8/19
Germany
i have "only" 2 daily watches and 1 rep o_O

but, going to buy a gen watch soon :punk: