• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Too many watches?

kumquat_boy

Known Member
3/3/14
Asia
Just curious for those with a huge watch collection, do you have any repeated watches? Or are they all different?

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
There are 365 days in a year, so that the limit :thumbup:

By then, Rep factories come up with new version...so the count resets again:heehee:

I'm not into version game. If a watch is good enough, I don't upgrade it. It hardly matters and I buy mostly Super-reps at that time.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I'm not into version game. If a watch is good enough, I don't upgrade it. It hardly matters and I buy mostly Super-reps at that time.

My comment was meant to be joke. I also don't believe in version gimmicks. BTW, there is also nothing called super-reps. Its a made up terminology. Different people have difference tolerances and what they can accept or not accept in a rep. What matters is you be happy and proud wearing them. Stay safe!!

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
Just curious for those with a huge watch collection, do you have any repeated watches? Or are they all different?
Depends on what you count as repeated watches ;) At the moment no, but I think about adding another Submariner other than the 114060 to my collection. In my opinion a Sub No-Date and a Hulk for example are different enough to jusitify having both. But two iterations of the exact same reference? No, of course not.

kumquat_boy

Known Member
3/3/14
Asia
I hace like 8 AP RO
And like 8 AP ROO

Si... I guess yep

Depends on what you count as repeated watches ;) At the moment no, but I think about adding another Submariner other than the 114060 to my collection. In my opinion a Sub No-Date and a Hulk for example are different enough to jusitify having both. But two iterations of the exact same reference? No, of course not.

Yup! Of course they are different watches. But do you all have like 2 hulks from different factories, or maybe 2 black 15400. Basically the same exact watch.

Reactions: asanibal

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
Yup! Of course they are different watches. But do you all have like 2 hulks from different factories, or maybe 2 black 15400. Basically the same exact watch.

I have 5 Hulk
I have 3 AP ROO 15300 White ...
and some more like 3 Cartier Santos 100

So... yep

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
No repeats all different watches, meaning a couple same watch different color combo.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

kumquat_boy

Known Member
3/3/14
Asia
I have 5 Hulk
I have 3 AP ROO 15300 White ...
and some more like 3 Cartier Santos 100

So... yep

LOL. But I feel you... I always have the urge to buy the same watch twice. But every time when I do that, I feel stupid because one sits in the box collecting dust. That’s why I was wondering whether this happens to others as well.

No repeats all different watches, meaning a couple same watch different color combo.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Yup! I know what you are saying. I have 3 of the AP ROOs but different colors.

Reactions: asanibal

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
LOL. But I feel you... I always have the urge to buy the same watch twice. But every time when I do that, I feel stupid because one sits in the box collecting dust. That’s why I was wondering whether this happens to others as well.

Yup! I know what you are saying. I have 3 of the AP ROOs but different colors.

I don’t really know why, maybe because I use different straps and don’t want to change them.

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
I know a guy that got three gen Tudor BB58, one on the bracelet, one on a Nato and one on leather, so you are not alone :D

My current limit is 18 watches as my watch box doesn't have any more slots. But thinking about the "bad influence" this forum already had on my I guess I will just get another one of those boxes sooner or later

kumquat_boy

Known Member
3/3/14
Asia
I know a guy that got three gen Tudor BB58, one on the bracelet, one on a Nato and one on leather, so you are not alone :D

My current limit is 18 watches as my watch box doesn't have any more slots. But thinking about the "bad influence" this forum already had on my I guess I will just get another one of those boxes sooner or later

I just got a 12 slot box. Gonna limit myself to my 12 or maybe 13 at most cause I find it hard to decide what to wear already.

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
I have a few watch boxes, for a total of 28 watch slots. I used to have them all full, but have now lowered my collection down to just 9, 4 of which are reps.

As I'm getting older, I find that I don't change watches as often and have been wearing a select few for longer durations. I used to wear a different watch every day, but now I'll go a week wearing the same one. Currently on day 4 of wearing my Noob 116520 Daytona.

I just got bit by the rep bug again, so I'm slowly filling my boxes back up :snort:

vtxf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/11/14
Is 70 too many? Yes I admit I am an addict.
Best
Vtx

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
I had the chance to show Arnold my modest collection, and he was so impressed, he wanted a picture..... I had to oblige the guy.
2k17watches.jpg

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
Damn, those are some ugly ass watches. But after thinking about the branding on the watches (AS = Arnold Schwarzenegger?) I realized that this is his own watch company :D
He should follow Sly and just get a few nice PAMs.