• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Too many watches?

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
I already have a huge gen collection and once I got into rep game there's no control and my collection is expanding like universe. How many watches is the limit? Does 50 or 100 watches seem reasonable to anyone? How would anyone manage those? Especially with the covid situation and staying at home appears long term. Thoughts?
a70e3b8bb91b41b376ad343f64d95189.jpg

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
I already have a huge gen collection and once I got into rep game there's no control and my collection is expanding like universe. How many watches is the limit? Does 50 or 100 watches seem reasonable to anyone? How would anyone manage those? Especially with the covid situation and staying at home appears long term. Thoughts?

I've got about 80, both combined. I guess there's no limit, depends how deep is your pocket end of the day.

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
As long as you don't get in any financial troubles, I think there is no such thing as too many watches. You have to decide yourself whether you are comfortable with the amount you have or not. If you don't feel connected to some of your watches, maybe it's time to let them go.

By the way, in a german watch forum there is a MAD-Club, MAD = Mehr als Dreihundert, meaning more than three hundert watches. Some have collections with >700 watches, so don't worry, there is always someone more extreme ;)

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
For me it's not so much the number I own, it's more about what I do with them. If they're getting worn fairly regularly, then it makes sense to me to own them, but if they're just box queens, I think they need to go.

I'm not sure how many watches I've got atm, certainly less than 75 (as I've got 75 slots in my watch boxes and several spare slots), but I can't imagine ever going over 100 - even wearing two or three a day, the least favourites will probably only get worn every few months so for me, that's enough.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Bro, they are never enough, it's all about how you feel that day, it could be a Daytona day, or a Planet Ocean day.

I miss half of my collection because it remained sealed in another city since March because of Covid-19 :(:mad:

Reactions: rj999

twobears

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/17
Toronto
how do you decide what to wear?
I have trouble which one to take out with my 4 watch collecxtion

Reactions: RonP

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
Yeah 80-100 watches seems about right. I'm in that area myself so I know the feeling. lol. I have about 40 I keep out in my watch cases and another 40 - 50 in a safe. I don't have room to display them all at one time, I just rotate what is in the cases and in the safe.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
I try to keep it at six watches at once. I tend to go to seven or eight but then I have to sell one or two. If I used all of them I probably would keep them all but I usually only wear three of them regulary. I don't miss anyone of the ones I've sold.

I think that I will end up with a few frankens and or gens in the end but keep trying new reps from time to time.

On topic.

Keep as many watches as make you happy even if you don't wear them. A hobby doesn't have to make sense to anyone else but your self.

​​​​​
​​​​​

​​​​

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13

50 to 100 reasonable ???????????????????????????????????????????? Wow... I had 25 at some point and i knew i had a problem... to even consider 50 to a fking 100 reasonable is scary seriously...

7 should be the max in my opinion... quality significance over quantity any day !

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
I have decided to limit myself to 31... one for each day of a long month.
Of that 4 are rep.... 1 more incoming so 5 reps total.

Have room to add a couple more gen then... a couple mid-range divers and then 1-2 grails.

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
how do you decide what to wear?
I have trouble which one to take out with my 4 watch collecxtion
4 watch collection? Seriously? People who don't even care about watches have 4 watches. Maybe I should add a disclaimer " This thread is not for faint hearted! "

Last edited:

Adaxa123

Known Member
1/2/20
I tend to keep around 10 watches which can support all occasions (subs dresswatches etc)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
Because of COVID, I’m getting much more use and putting much more watches into rotation. Sometimes I will change Watches 3, 4, 5, or 6 times a day. Taking and posting pictures along the w@y. It’s terrible but it occupies some time.

You definitely have cabin fever mate.
And 3,4,5, or 6 changes a day.
Are you only using the 1 arm then ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RonP

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
Yeah 80-100 watches seems about right. I'm in that area myself so I know the feeling. lol. I have about 40 I keep out in my watch cases and another 40 - 50 in a safe. I don't have room to display them all at one time, I just rotate what is in the cases and in the safe.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
well.. you truly are my friend! ????

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
4 watch collection? Seriously? People who don't even care about watches have 4 watches. Maybe I should add a disclaimer " This thread is not for faint hearted! "

You crazy man !!! But in a good way don’t worry... lol !

sunnydale

29/8/09
After 11 years of rep hobby I am down to one rep and 0 gens. I am a happy camper and if something special comes up, I sell one and buy one. In other words, I am broke and cannot afford to buy any ;)

Reactions: rabl253

srhoque

28/11/18
There are 365 days in a year, so that the limit :thumbup:

By then, Rep factories come up with new version...so the count resets again:heehee:

Reactions: mpx