Too many watches?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kumquat_boy View Post
    Just curious for those with a huge watch collection, do you have any repeated watches? Or are they all different?
    No repeats all different watches, meaning a couple same watch different color combo.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by asanibal View Post

I have 5 Hulk
      I have 3 AP ROO 15300 White ...
      and some more like 3 Cartier Santos 100

So... yep
      LOL. But I feel you... I always have the urge to buy the same watch twice. But every time when I do that, I feel stupid because one sits in the box collecting dust. That’s why I was wondering whether this happens to others as well.

Originally posted by bgreg View Post
      No repeats all different watches, meaning a couple same watch different color combo.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
      Yup! I know what you are saying. I have 3 of the AP ROOs but different colors.

Comment

Originally posted by kumquat_boy View Post

LOL. But I feel you... I always have the urge to buy the same watch twice. But every time when I do that, I feel stupid because one sits in the box collecting dust. That’s why I was wondering whether this happens to others as well.

Yup! I know what you are saying. I have 3 of the AP ROOs but different colors.
        I don’t really know why, maybe because I use different straps and don’t want to change them.

Comment

I know a guy that got three gen Tudor BB58, one on the bracelet, one on a Nato and one on leather, so you are not alone

My current limit is 18 watches as my watch box doesn't have any more slots. But thinking about the "bad influence" this forum already had on my I guess I will just get another one of those boxes sooner or later

Comment

Originally posted by mpx View Post
            I know a guy that got three gen Tudor BB58, one on the bracelet, one on a Nato and one on leather, so you are not alone
            Damn, don't give me ideas!

Comment

My current limit is 18 watches as my watch box doesn't have any more slots. But thinking about the "bad influence" this forum already had on my I guess I will just get another one of those boxes sooner or later
              I just got a 12 slot box. Gonna limit myself to my 12 or maybe 13 at most cause I find it hard to decide what to wear already.

Comment

I have a few watch boxes, for a total of 28 watch slots. I used to have them all full, but have now lowered my collection down to just 9, 4 of which are reps.

As I'm getting older, I find that I don't change watches as often and have been wearing a select few for longer durations. I used to wear a different watch every day, but now I'll go a week wearing the same one. Currently on day 4 of wearing my Noob 116520 Daytona.

I just got bit by the rep bug again, so I'm slowly filling my boxes back up

Comment

Is 70 too many? Yes I admit I am an addict.
                  Best
                  Vtx

Comment

I had the chance to show Arnold my modest collection, and he was so impressed, he wanted a picture..... I had to oblige the guy.
                    Midnight Rider[S][/S]

Comment

Damn, those are some ugly ass watches. But after thinking about the branding on the watches (AS = Arnold Schwarzenegger?) I realized that this is his own watch company
                      He should follow Sly and just get a few nice PAMs.

Comment

Damn, those are some ugly ass watches. But after thinking about the branding on the watches (AS = Arnold Schwarzenegger?) I realized that this is his own watch company
                        He should follow Sly and just get a few nice PAMs.
                        Funny you mention that....It seems his favorite watch is his Panerai Luminor, and unlike Stallone, Audemar Piguet even has a special edition ROO specifically for Arnold.

Comment

Too many watches? An impossibility.

Comment

It's my view a person should be able to describe and enjoy all of their watches individually remembering history, factory, version, mods, TD etc. If a person has watches that they've forgot about or can't recall details then those watches have just become numbers and fall into the too many category. However, that's just me and to each his own.
                            "Black Crosses Off My Wing Tip" - An excellent true story authored by a WW2 Spitfire pilot. (Ace w/ 11 kills, DFC & Bar)

Comment

Originally posted by Roadster View Post
                              It's my view a person should be able to describe and enjoy all of their watches individually remembering history, factory, version, mods, TD etc. If a person has watches that they've forgot about or can't recall details then those watches have just become numbers and fall into the too many category. However, that's just me and to each his own.
                              I remember every watch I bought (for how much, the reason I bought, where I wore first, etc). There's always a good reason to buy a watch. I just have too many reasons to buy a watch, Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Katarsis View Post

Keep as many watches as make you happy even if you don't wear them. A hobby doesn't have to make sense to anyone else but your self.

​​​​​​​​
                                Hear, hear!

Comment

Working...
                                X