• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this a legit website?

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Personally, I think the infill of black looks too heavy, both on the original pic and the latest one they sent you (as far as it's possible to tell from the awful quality of the pic).

I'd rather it be fatter and better defined, with the correct font and spacing, than thin af, with the wrong font (like noob's) and with the wrong lucid paint, this is my gen, and as far as i can see the font is not bad, but the quality is really awful for real. I asked for a better pic under artificial light

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Ok, i don't want to say anything too soon, i just received these pictures, and it seems too good to be true.

What do you guys think?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Ok, i don't want to say anything too soon, i just received these pictures, and it seems too good to be true.

What do you guys think?
I think, "Why do their photos keep changing quality, and background?"

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Some of the dials they sell are terrible quality, those Rolex bangle things they sell you can find everywhere on the internet for $5 - $10.

The pics look like they've been taken from different sources, the quality of what's for sale varies hugely - as if the pics are taken from different suppliers etc, and 'watchesparts' is nonsense English.

I wouldn't buy anything off them.

I tried to pull the trigger and something arrived today, i wasn't really believing in it at all, but it turned out WAY better than expected.

The font is really close (basically perfect) for the numbers and 98% there for the "UNITS PER HOUR".

The paint is a very nice matte, another world if compared to noob's ugly lucid paint.

Thickness seems the same as gen, i don't have a caliper, but compared to my gen it's perfect.

This definitely isn't a DH Gate special :lol3:

Here are some pics and a little comparison with my gen:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
p0pperini Sorry but i couldn't tag you in the post above for some reason, i thought you wanted to see how it turned out!

Thanks for tagging me buddy, I was interested to see how it looks. And it does look very nice. Do you mind if I ask - how did you contact them, and what did you pay for it?

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Thanks for tagging me buddy, I was interested to see how it looks. And it does look very nice. Do you mind if I ask - how did you contact them, and what did you pay for it?

I contacted them through the “web chat” in their site, you get an email when they reply so you don’t lose the previous conversation.
I paid 190 through PayPal through their website, DHL shipping.

Do you have a nice project in mind? ;)

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
There is a datejust dial that I been looking for ages and price seems to be very cheap compared to any other places. I’m really tempted to contact them....

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I contacted them through the “web chat” in their site, you get an email when they reply so you don’t lose the previous conversation.
I paid 190 through PayPal through their website, DHL shipping.

Do you have a nice project in mind? ;)
Thanks for the info buddy, appreciate it. 190 dollars, yeah?

I've got a "Franken lite" 116500 (gen black dial, Prof crystal, CF ceramic bezel, Noob v3 base). The dial is actually from a 116520 tho, so it would be more "correct" to have the SS bezel. The one you've found seems like it could be a good compromise between a stock bezel from Noob or ARF and a stupidly expensive gen.

pHHVJ.jpg

Last edited:

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think

I've got a "Franken lite" 116500 (gen black dial, Prof crystal, CF ceramic bezel, Noob v3 base). The dial is actually from a 116520 tho, so it would be more "correct" to have the SS bezel. The one you've found seems like it could be a good compromise between a stock bezel from Noob or ARF and a stupidly expensive gen.

pHHVJ.jpg

Your watch is beautiful, but my SS bezel is actually meant only for white gold models, in fact I’m going to get a 116519 and mod it to make it look like a racing dial white gold model. The bezel for 116520 is different, the best one would be an ARF V1, second best ARF V2.

ARF v1 is not being produced anymore, so you have to look for an ARF v2, not as good but still better than Noob’s stock bezel.

They sell an aftermarket bezel for 116520 in that website, but I don’t know if it’s good or not, it’s like a lottery, you have to risk it like I did for the bezel for the 116519 ;)

Let me know if I misunderstood something

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think

pHHVJ.jpg

Yes, dollars.

Here’s my 116520, ARF V1 bezel and ARF v2 Dial:

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Your watch is beautiful, but my SS bezel is actually meant only for white gold models, in fact I’m going to get a 116519 and mod it to make it look like a racing dial white gold model. The bezel for 116520 is different, the best one would be an ARF V1, second best ARF V2.

ARF v1 is not being produced anymore, so you have to look for an ARF v2, not as good but still better than Noob’s stock bezel.

Let me know if I misunderstood something
Aah... No, you're not misunderstanding anything - except maybe the extent of my ignorance! :) My primary watch interest isn't in the Daytona line (I'm much more of a 5 digit Sub fan), and my expertise is non-existent when it comes to the finer points of the various variations in the model parts. So, thanks very much for clearing that up for me, and also pointing me at the correct bezel to look for. That's really helpful.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Aah... No, you're not misunderstanding anything - except maybe the extent of my ignorance! :) My primary watch interest isn't in the Daytona line (I'm much more of a 5 digit Sub fan), and my expertise is non-existent when it comes to the finer points of the various variations in the model parts. So, thanks very much for clearing that up for me, and also pointing me at the correct bezel to look for. That's really helpful.

No probs :)

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
wow which one? you can ask them to send you more pics if you want, at least i did

Blue stick dial for 116234. I talked to them earlier and they told me it's not a gen dial. No reason to spend $200.00+ on aftermarket dial lol